Profanity fail

Herbset

1 hour ago, Herbset said:

Hey so I wanted to register my organisation as Fat and furious on GTA online. After I clicked ok I was punished for supposedly trying to type profanities and got a 50k fine. Can anyone explain wth is going on?

You were apparently fat-shaming...someone...somewhere. 

Fat and Furious is a great name, BTW. 

• Like 4

This post is on the first page of Google searches when you search for "GTA V Profanity Fine". Can't find anything that talks about it. Will need proof if this is real.

All there is is a filter: "To check if the words included in the list are really banned, Kotaku jumped into the game and typed some of them out in the in-game text messaging screen; the result was a message, displayed in the screenshot below, that reads “forbidden text. Try again.”  

Source: https://wccftech.com/list-banned-words-gta-online-sony-microsoft/

Edited by Afro_Gear

3 hours ago, Herbset said:

Hey so I wanted to register my organisation as Fat and furious on GTA online. After I clicked ok I was punished for supposedly trying to type profanities and got a 50k fine. Can anyone explain wth is going on?

Was the action of trying to type profanities tied to your attempt at creating a GTAO Org? or did you just get the notification around the same time for possibly trying to type something else in chat / in-game naming elsewhere at a different time?

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Was the action of trying to type profanities tied to your attempt at creating a GTAO Org? or did you just get the notification around the same time for possibly trying to type something else in chat / in-game naming elsewhere at a different time?

I mean I just tried to type fat and furious while naming my organisation, clicked ok then that info popped up saying something about me trying to type profanities and took 50k from my account. I don't know if it has to do anything with it but I was at the hairdresser's in sandy shores then lol. Best thing is I checked and my organisation is actually called Fat and Furious so now I'm even more confused 

7 minutes ago, reiner- said:

Rockstar is hypocritical when it comes to what you can use for a name.

In RDR2 I tried to name my horse (which was white) Cracker but that was deemed profanity even though you can buy, sell and loot crackers in the game.

They're not the only ones at that.

In Stellaris, I couldn't name my torpedo fighters "torpedo", while it's wildly used during the game, for "profanity" reasons. I let you figure what imbecile hot words programming led to that, took me a while... :facepalm:

And in Rugby Challenge 3, I was prevented for the same reasons to name a custom player Temuera Paratene, which would be a perfectly valid name (combo of first and last names of two actors from New Zealand I happen to like). For this one, looked like it was the Paratene bit that was considered rude, but FML I can't figure what's supposed to be "wrong" with it.

• Like 2