Nitemares-----

It's crazy, I'm only on Chapter 3, haven't had too much time to play it, but anyways, when I signed into the network, it was like 20 hours since I played. Well it said like almost 300 or so players liked a road or bridge I made, I instantly got like over 18,000 Likes. I'm already at 29,343 Likes, 50,000 to the Trophy so early in the game, I was thinking it would take a while, guess not. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 4

Bridges are very nice and convenient so it's expected they would get a lot of likes. The people who built bridges in that BT heavy area leading up to the Wind Farm had like 20k Likes on their stuff but I definitely appreciate them doing that.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I just delivered some lost cargo, said 300 People with Roads I made, then 28,000 Likes, I'm well over 56,000 Likes when you go to the map to see the thumbs up, but no Trophy. OK so I'm confused what actually counts towards the Trophy? 

That I'm not sure. The Powerpyx guide makes it sound like you should have gotten it by now. Did you complete a mission and see the results screen? Apparently that's when it unlocks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

That I'm not sure. The Powerpyx guide makes it sound like you should have gotten it by now. Did you complete a mission and see the results screen? Apparently that's when it unlocks.

Yep that did it, got the Trophy, thanks for the tip, you do have to complete a Mission for Sam if you're over 50,000, it pops when it gives you your Rank.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Yeah if you build bridges or safe houses in the right place you get tons of likes. Highest bridge i've seen so far has 116k likes. I only built stuff that  i used so never any bridges since its a waste of materials when you can just throw down a ladder, and i just managed to get to 50K by the end of story. Got 18k from online likes on buildings i built for myself => But if you really try to get likes you'll probably get several 100k of likes before the story ends. Seen profiles with almost 500k likes.

The only thing I wonder is, for new people or people who started like a couple days later. The map is full of bridges and constructions.

I never have to make stuf cuz there is so much there already. How does this work out? I like the world evolving, but my starting area was a bit 2 much at some point.

12 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

The only thing I wonder is, for new people or people who started like a couple days later. The map is full of bridges and constructions.

I never have to make stuf cuz there is so much there already. How does this work out? I like the world evolving, but my starting area was a bit 2 much at some point.

I think you only see Online stuff after connecting an area , so new people dont get to much help reaching a new area first time . I also thing you can see in Bridge Links with who you in a "lobby" so you can leave that  to. (or play offline?)

• Like 1

I got my 50,000 Likes, that's all I wanted, I built the road right at the start of Chapter 3. I guess you can take down people's roads in your game and do it yourself, but I don't really see the point besides Likes, otherwise it's just a grind and wasting materials.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nitemares----- said:

I got my 50,000 Likes, that's all I wanted, I built the road right at the start of Chapter 3. I guess you can take down people's roads in your game and do it yourself, but I don't really see the point besides Likes, otherwise it's just a grind and wasting materials.

Dismantling other peoples structures only removes them from your session. Otherwise you could screw people over by removing their building all over the place :>

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Dismantling other peoples structures only removes them from your session. Otherwise you could screw people over by removing their building all over the place :>

Yeah I know, I don't see a point in that in screwing someone else over, plus if it helps me, I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah that's what i love about this game. Building bridges both literally and figureatively by helping others. 

But that is kinda the feeling I have in the other way. I never feel like I helped somebody, because all of it is build already.

I want to build and help contributing and getting some likes as wel. but there is like so much build that I dont see what is left to build.

Since i'm not going for plat i decided to dump all my material into road and bridges. Done all roads in the eastern part of the 2nd map and half the roads on the west side. Got 23k likes while doing all roads. Will log on tomorrow one final time before i delete the game to see how many i've got. Built probably 20 roads. Will be interesting to see, have 83k now. Maybe i'll be more popular then Kim Kardashian by tomorrow.

• Like 1

One thing I don't think many people realise about liking other players builds and equipment is that you can like multiple times based on your bridge level. I see loads of 1 likes from people and a few from people who realised you can spam them for any given social item within a time range who give 50+ at a time.

I spam-like everything i come across to make sure people have the most amount of likes i can give. It all resets over time too per player so the like limits for each thing are temporary.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

One thing I don't think many people realise about liking other players builds and equipment is that you can like multiple times based on your bridge level. I see loads of 1 likes from people and a few from people who realised you can spam them for any given social item within a time range who give 50+ at a time.

I spam-like everything i come across to make sure people have the most amount of likes i can give. It all resets over time too per player so the like limits for each thing are temporary.

I think people know that lol. There are some signs you like by walking trough them. I am not going to stop and give every sign 60 likes everytime. But sometimes I give it one by walking trough it.

So far I got 4 likes for all the stuf I build!!! thats amazing, the full 4!! I realy like the game, but the sharing buildings and stuff is not realy that perfect tho.

1 hour ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I think people know that lol. There are some signs you like by walking trough them. I am not going to stop and give every sign 60 likes everytime. But sometimes I give it one by walking trough it.

So far I got 4 likes for all the stuf I build!!! thats amazing, the full 4!! I realy like the game, but the sharing buildings and stuff is not realy that perfect tho.

Not sure everyone does based on what i'm seeing but if you have the data, send it my way. If they do and choose not to contribute to another players progress then I guess it taps into part of the commentary on current society that Kojima is trying to make in the game ?

To your points - you see what the like was generated for - i'm not talking about signs as you put it - i'm talking about more impacting things like Timefall shelters and Safehouses for example. 

There is a whole layer of strategy for where you build and what you build that will increase the chances of getting likes and I think as you have more of a time limit to spam likes you become more thoughtful about where you put them. I think the system works really well, but I don't think it's a ) as clear for people around being able to give multiple likes and b ) Does that much to emphasize the benefit of entering into Bridge Contracts.

4 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

For one, it looks like you are only at Chapter 3 when the option to build (or at least contribute to) roads opens up. Two I started after you according to the timestamp on your Prologue completion trophy, so I feel i'm obligated to reply to your "What happens to people who start a couple days late? Are we forever screwed?"

I'm not sure how you only have 4 likes, unless it's a gross exaggeration, but the opening area is pretty barren on actual like accumulating opportunities. IF you are struggling as much as you say to get noticed, there should also be Distros with entrusted deliveries that other players don't feel bothered with walking 10 feet to their destination (well, maybe not 10 feet, but it literally takes 5 minutes for most), and these can yield upwards to thousands of likes depending on the cargo and it's guaranteed likes that are automatically given if you successfully deliver the cargo. I was just enjoying delivering entrusted cargo between Capital Knot and the Waypoint section, which I would load up on several 400-600 Max like deliveries from other players just below encumbrance, and walked out of the opening area at like level 40 bridge link just by doing that (I didn't get much likes for the structures I built, and like the other guy said, very few people seem to actually know about multiple like giving, as I had one guy pass my structure 30 times for a whopping 1 like each time, and which point if it's become such a crucial part of your path, please at least once drop 50-100 out of respect, but then again... it doesn't matter, since I'm getting them left and right now).

I've contributed to almost every road in chapter 3, and I literally walk away for 20 minutes, and come back to 400-2000 likes. Seriously.. no hyperbole needed. Bridge Link is the easiest category to max out, and I was done with that after contributing to two road sections. I am at about 40k likes right now, and all I'm doing is using other peoples structures they nicely built to help me finish the story, and just kind of minding my own business until I get to the end.

tl;dr -- don't worry about it, it works as intended. Just build roads.

9 minutes ago, iamjax said:

For one, it looks like you are only at Chapter 3 when the option to build (or at least contribute to) roads opens up. Two I started after you according to the timestamp on your Prologue completion trophy, so I feel i'm obligated to reply to your "What happens to people who start a couple days late? Are we forever screwed?"

I'm not sure how you only have 4 likes, unless it's a gross exaggeration, but the opening area is pretty barren on actual like accumulating opportunities. IF you are struggling as much as you say to get noticed, there should also be Distros with entrusted deliveries that other players don't feel bothered with walking 10 feet to their destination (well, maybe not 10 feet, but it literally takes 5 minutes for most), and these can yield upwards to thousands of likes depending on the cargo and it's guaranteed likes that are automatically given if you successfully deliver the cargo. I was just enjoying delivering entrusted cargo between Capital Knot and the Waypoint section, which I would load up on several 400-600 Max like deliveries from other players just below encumbrance, and walked out of the opening area at like level 40 bridge link just by doing that (I didn't get much likes for the structures I built, and like the other guy said, very few people seem to actually know about multiple like giving, as I had one guy pass my structure 30 times for a whopping 1 like each time, and which point if it's become such a crucial part of your path, please at least once drop 50-100 out of respect, but then again... it doesn't matter, since I'm getting them left and right now).

I've contributed to almost every road in chapter 3, and I literally walk away for 20 minutes, and come back to 400-2000 likes. Seriously.. no hyperbole needed. Bridge Link is the easiest category to max out, and I was done with that after contributing to two road sections. I am at about 40k likes right now, and all I'm doing is using other peoples structures they nicely built to help me finish the story, and just kind of minding my own business until I get to the end.

tl;dr -- don't worry about it, it works as intended. Just build roads.

Thx for the explanation. I am indeed in chapter 3 still and I have to say, I did not lie about the 4 likes. In total I got like 1800 likes but only 4 of them ar given to me manualy, the others where automatic because I was also doing the deliveries for other people wich indeed give good amounts of likes like you said. I was never realy worried about being screwed tho. the issue I had was that it felt like I had no way to help other people because in ch2 everywhere I went the place was full of bridges, generators, towers,.... there was no use for me to build something. So it kinde felt like meeeh... is this going to be the whole game? I would love to build stuf so newer people can have some stuf that helps them.

Sorry for my bad englisch tho. I hope you understand what I mean.

16 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Thx for the explanation. I am indeed in chapter 3 still and I have to say, I did not lie about the 4 likes. In total I got like 1800 likes but only 4 of them ar given to me manualy, the others where automatic because I was also doing the deliveries for other people wich indeed give good amounts of likes like you said. I was never realy worried about being screwed tho. the issue I had was that it felt like I had no way to help other people because in ch2 everywhere I went the place was full of bridges, generators, towers,.... there was no use for me to build something. So it kinde felt like meeeh... is this going to be the whole game? I would love to build stuf so newer people can have some stuf that helps them.

Sorry for my bad englisch tho. I hope you understand what I mean.

I don't mind loading a new area and seeing the structures that people creatively put down to make my life easier, even if it doesn't directly impact my stats (and I spam likes on some of these people that shave down countless time off my deliveries, as they deserve it). You can contribute to bigger projects like roads, where it's rare that one person will ultimately create it, and it's very helpful to everyone in your Bridge Link and it's part of a group project (and this will greatly improve your Bridge Link stat), of which that's one way you can help contribute to your world, even if you aren't the lone genius responsible for putting down that awesome bridge that made the difference between going through a dangerous enemy filled territory and offering a quicker, safer alternative path. If you want to that guy that I walk by their structure and it has 150k likes because whomever was in my Bridge Link put it there, then you are going to have to get creative and go out of your way to find a more efficient route that no one in your group has thought of, which also means sacrificing your bandwidth and resources, but there are plenty of ways you can contribute otherwise in smaller doses (like said, entrusted deliveries are automatic, and easy once everyone in your session has basically networked all the distros in some fashion, and you are contributing by taking their cargo).

I guess I'm on the other end of this, where I love seeing what other people come up with as opposed to my own creations, which is why I love the way it is handled. The opening area is incredibly congested, so there's few things people can add to it without stepping on each others toes, so yes, it does improve with more open space given to build structures if that's what you want to do. But keep in mind, i'll respect you if you contribute to a road so I'm not just pouring my own resources into it because no one else in my Bridge Link feels bothered to make all of our lives easier.

Edited by iamjax
  • Like 2

I'm not going for the Platinum either, at least for now, the repetitive grinding will have to wait for the future. At least I'll have the save file for post game, when I decide to go back at it. I'm up to over 83,000 Likes, but it doesn't matter since 50,000 is for the Trophy.

Off topic, I see a lot of people delete their games after they're done. I did that at 1st, but I found myself going back to games, then having to wait forever for it to re-download, along with the updates. I have a 2 TB external mini hard drive I have hooked up with all of my applications on it, that I have connected through my 2nd USB. I just have my 4 fighting games, Mortal Kombat X & 11 & Injustice I & 2 on my PS4 system. It just saves so much time and hassle, plus it's so easy. 

Edited by Nitemares-----

On 11/12/2019 at 11:11 AM, Quink666 said:

I had some guy screw over my Zipline path when I logged in today by building a watch tower between the two, luckily you can dismantle from the map.

• Like 1