AtomicAltruism

Seeing friends Structures in game?

11 posts in this topic

Ok, so i'm playing along side my bestest buddy and would love to see where and what he's built, like a few and connect with him Strand style...

But i can't it seems, no matter how many times i log back in, i'm stuck with the same group of players and it never changes for me.

Is there a way to see my bud or not? 

Anyone else having this "First world Issue?"

A PSN-Friend of mine see all my Buildings and give me always many Likes. But I can't see his buildings. I think this is, because i am much more into the buildable technology. Sorry for my English. I mean, i just could see other Players cars when i reached the Possibility to build my own cars, not before, for example. So if he is behind your Technology Level you can't meet him in the game, he can't see any of your buildings. That's my Theory.

Edited by Sikutai

If anyone knows a method to link up with a certain PSN friend on demand, let me know. I'm thinking your overall rank and Bridge Level are the "matchmake" values, but there must be something else too...

I am having the same issue. Just completed Chapter 4 and still haven't seen any friends builds and they can't see mine. 

I didn't see anything for seeing friends structures in my time with the game. The closest I can recommend is to create one of those strand contracts or whatever they're called with your friends. They make it more likely to encounter those player's structures throughout the game, i made one with PowerPyx hoping i could find all their cool late game stuff and zipline networks 😜

I'm not sure, but if you pause then go > bridge links and find your friend, you can press triangle to form a strand contract. The game says you'd be more likely to see eachothers' structures, though I didn't get to really test this with anyone.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:09 AM, Septomor said:

I'm not sure, but if you pause then go > bridge links and find your friend, you can press triangle to form a strand contract. The game says you'd be more likely to see eachothers' structures, though I didn't get to really test this with anyone.

It's a good idea but i've tried finding mates on the list but, they're no where to be found. Cheesing me right off!

I guess the whole point of the game is to get out from our narrow circles of friends and connect with like EVERYONE in the world. Connect with someone without giving any meaning to the person's name, their interests, their personalities etc. With only a common goal and a similar lonely feeling being a "spine" for this connection.

So they didn't add any friends lists or something. And I'm almost 100% sure they will never patch them in.

As for the friends' structures - it's completely random to see them in your world or see your friends in Bridge Links.

Edited by WassupDawg88

On 11/16/2019 at 6:09 PM, Septomor said:

Correct. It will make their buildings more visible on the map. I use this feature strategically especially for linking up with people who have advanced in their categories and rank. I also tend to pay attention to their last online date as buildings deteriorate.

There are lots of things you can do to make more of.a.players stuff appear.

Even dying and finding the other players dead character in the water area inbetween makes more stuff appear also