May be PS Vita 2 coming

Dav9834

18 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

No more USB external HDD like the PS4 Sony will make their own cartridge SSD for PS5, Meaning they are one of a kind type of cartridge and the only way to upgrade your storage space on PS5 so Sony will charge us £300 for an extra 1TB 1f602.png1f602.png

That reminds me of Vita and its overpriced memory cards... a mistake that Nintendo obviously has learned from. I do not think $385 US would be reasonable for a 1 TB cart SSD.

People laugh at the idea that this is a proprietary card, but were I an asshole Sony exec, I could see the angle here. Unlike the Vita, where the memory card was absolutely necessary because of the lack on memory on the machine itself, the PS5 won't have such a problem. The number of people who will expand memory is a select few of the overall purchasers of the system, and that the perfect group to try to gouge. 

I don't know if the technical specs allow it, but it seems like easy money, with only a few internet complainers who are equally easily dismissed.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/11/2019 at 11:38 PM, You said:

The Vita and the Switch already use those really tiny memory cards.

Why would a Vita 2 need a cartridge, something so big? Especially since digital download is slowly replacing even the memory cards. This is (sadly) almost certainly to do with the PS5.

I don't think the size in the picture is realistic to IRL size. I think it's blown up in size to give a better view of it.

Ya’ll… the last substantial update to this thread was 4 years ago. With the launch of the PS Portal, I can’t imagine Sony is interested in another portable console with a exclusive ecosystem/ that doesn’t share a library with the PS5. Like other users mentioned, the Vita didn’t sell well and Sony abandoned it pretty quickly. 

Edited by skotafactor
  • Like 1

I'd love to see a New Vita with a screen size like the Steam Deck plus new games with cheap memory cards.

However, I don't trust current Sony to make new Hardware at the moment plus how long they'll support the software.