Did the PS Store has stopped sales on Vita ?

Astrailla

Hello everyone,

I was on the PSN 2 years ago, and I've bought a PS Vita again last month and I've seen in Halloween there was no kind of sales for the Vita.

Did Sony has stopped the sales on it ? Or there will be some high sales in the end of the year ?

14 minutes ago, Astrailla said:

Hello everyone,

I was on the PSN 2 years ago, and I've bought a PS Vita again last month and I've seen in Halloween there was no kind of sales for the Vita.

Did Sony has stopped the sales on it ? Or there will be some high sales in the end of the year ?

Sony is too ashamed of the Vita and PS3. They could not care less about the customers that own them either. Since you live in Europe you're probably on an euro PS Store it's an even worse situation since sales on the european PS Store are by invitation only,

This hurts a lot the game creators too since most Vita and PS3 stuff will not sell beyond sales, so no sales at all. The respect and interest from Sony doesn't just affect purchasers, but again Sony could not care less either.

But you have several times PS One and Ps Cassics on sale. The smartness of this company baffles me.

Don't worry, compatibility mode or not PS4 games will follow the same path a few years after the PS5 is out.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Astrailla said:

Hello everyone,

The sales are sporadic, but they do still come up now and again.

22 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Last decent sales for vita, happened on August 2018. I bought a vita one year ago and i have the same issue. Last time i saw sales (few games) was on May in Big in Japan sales.

I'm talking about vita only games, not ps4/vita

The Vita has certainly had good sales since August 2018.

Yes it sucks. There are a couple of games on offer at any given time mostly because they are cross buy. It's pretty much the same for PS3. I guess it was bound to happen and I regret not buying a couple of more games I had my eye on back when Vita sales were still a thing

(IN EUROPE!).

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

• 4 weeks later...

Is it me of the store list always the same?

Seems like I have adverts for Lego Star Wars, One Piece Burning Blood, Odd world New and Tasty, Minecraft etc. It's always the same games, swear it has been like that for well over a year.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, Astrailla said:

Hello everyone,

Hi sales do still happen on the PS Vita but since Sony doesn't update it's store properly the sales don't always show up properly or talk on the it's itself. If you log in to your PSN Account through the stores web address on your phone or PC you can see all the items on sale there properly and purchase them. This also works for PS3 sales. Currently there's several games on sale including also older PS1 titles.

Edit: misread that I guess your asking about the sale of the actual vita not PSN Store sales?

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

I see the occasional sale, but it isn't often.  As much as I understand the resentment toward Sony for not having more, the fact of the matter is that the Vita was a failure commercially, so it isn't surprising there isn't much effort on Sony's part to promote more sales.  Personally, I happen to think the leadership at Sony is shortsighted to abandon the portable market.  There's money to be made there with the right product.  The fact of the matter is that a smartphone will never be as good a portable gaming experience as a dedicated handheld is. 

There is a reason that the Switch has been a phenomenal success.  That success is due to its portability as the system's hardware is anemic at best compared to the current generation consoles.  When the new ones come out, it's hardware will be downright pathetic.  It will still sell like hotcakes, though.

• Like 1

I am trying to understand (but it proves way too hard for me) how Sony profits from not putting Vita games on sales (at least in Europe for quite a long time now). Sure there are some people who buy these games at their regular prices but I imagine the majority of us, especially at this late point, only buy Vita games when they are discounted - easy profit for Sony (requiring zero effort), and yet, for unfathomable reasons, we hardly ever see these sales these days.

I saw some vita games having price off on Asia PS store, so maybe not that often but still possible

Anyway vita is already dead and rip, for a better price I highly recommend buying used cartridges instead of visiting the PS store

Edited by Astray404

3 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I am trying to understand (but it proves way too hard for me) how Sony profits from not putting Vita games on sales (at least in Europe for quite a long time now). Sure there are some people who buy these games at their regular prices but I imagine the majority of us, especially at this late point, only buy Vita games when they are discounted - easy profit for Sony (requiring zero effort), and yet, for unfathomable reasons, we hardly ever see these sales these days.

To Sony, the Vita is dead and no one is really buying it now. Now yes, it would be easy to put those games on sale and reap the profit, but... what if you left the games at full price and someone still bought them? Instead of earning $2-$5 on a game that's on sale, you could make $40-$50! You can either sell the game to 10 people, or sell it to one. If no one buys, well, the Vita is dead, so no real loss anymore! It's all about getting the last drops of blood from a rock.