Time to give up?

wafflestomper810

I am just wondering if I am the only one to do this.   I was playing Ratchet and Clank (2016) and since I can't seem to "git gud" I raged over the race portion of the game.  I got so irate that I couldn't get under the time limit I pulled the disc and Frisbeed the damn thing out the back door and probably into somebody else's yard.  I didn't stop with that.  I then proceeded to email Insomniac and told them that their company should've died with the PS2.  This isn't the first time I've sent an angry email to a game developer.  My favorite being how I told somebody that I hope when they die they are sent to an endless purgatory solving the shitty puzzles they programmed.  Is it time for me to give up the whole trophy quest?

You might want to seriously examine why you're induced into such rage at video games and what you're really looking to get out of playing.

Whether you give up the quest or not is up to you. I'm sure the video game developers get a kick out of emails like yours, or they get really upset and stop reading any and all correspondence to avoid seeing emails like that.

This game isn't hard at all. Yes there were parts that took me a while to get past but as far as trophies are concerned there is nothing difficult in the slightest.

If that upsets you so much then I suggest you take a break from gaming or at the least, pick up another game and move on from there.

Honestly though it mind boggles me to see a guy your age acting upset over this. It's a game, it's meant to be entertainment.

I'm sure the developers get a kick out of the e-mail you sent too. Probably not the first time they've gotten hate mail regarding the Ratchet and Clank game.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

You have let it bother you more than a little too much. Calm down! I recommend you take Spaz's advice.

Believe it or not I used to love games for the epic stories they tell.  I still have games I play for that reason, but somehow I feel like I'm  compelled to earn every trophy and it takes away from my experience.  Sometimes I wish trophies never became a thing.  It used to be good enough to just finish a game.

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

If that upsets you so much then I suggest you take a break from gaming or at the least, pick up another game and move on from there.

Can't pick up this game anymore.  Lost the disc after I whipped it out the back door.

I don't feel the need to earn every single trophy (actually, I have just 1 platinum to date), or even get a grade of A or higher on every game. If I'm having trouble with a particular trophy, I'll "let it marinate", or maybe replay the game on a lower difficulty (if possible) to try to get that one.

You have to have fun. Don't let a game become a chore.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I don't feel the need to earn every single trophy (actually, I have just 1 platinum to date), or even get a grade of A or higher on every game. If I'm having trouble with a particular trophy, I'll "let it marinate", or maybe replay the game on a lower difficulty (if possible) to try to get that one.

You have to have fun. Don't let a game become a chore.

Couldn’t of said it better myself.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, I remember having thrown up an original Driver 1 game to the window, because couldn't complete the last mission. The thing is, where I live original PS1 games weren't common and still kinda regret about this. Since this time trying to learn self control, and been able to maintain it for a long time. The general advice here is to prevent any moves in rage and decide what to do with a problem a little bit after the actual situation, no matter how angry you, just say yourself no, or better go, forward ever:).

My wife found my disc and I tested it to make sure it worked and ended up calmly playing the race over.  Finally earned what I needed after 5 or 6 tries.  Surprisingly what helped me come back calmer was watching youtube compilations of game rage.  I know I have looked like they have before and you all are right.  Being angry at not earning a trophy really sucks the joy out of it.  I want gaming to be fun again.  Thanks to all who took the time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wafflestomper810 said:

My wife found my disc and I tested it to make sure it worked and ended up calmly playing the race over.  Finally earned what I needed after 5 or 6 tries.  Surprisingly what helped me come back calmer was watching youtube compilations of game rage.  I know I have looked like they have before and you all are right.  Being angry at not earning a trophy really sucks the joy out of it.  I want gaming to be fun again.  Thanks to all who took the time.

Here's a tip, stop trophy hunting.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 8:39 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

When I was a kid, I remember having thrown up an original Driver 1 game to the window, because couldn't complete the last mission. The thing is, where I live original PS1 games weren't common and still kinda regret about this. Since this time trying to learn self control, and been able to maintain it for a long time. The general advice here is to prevent any moves in rage and decide what to do with a problem a little bit after the actual situation, no matter how angry you, just say yourself no, or better go, forward ever:).

Yes I remember, that mission was a total headfuck to do, it was mayhem from the start. I think a cheat code found in that old magazine Powerstation had to be used in my case to get the game done!.

23 hours ago, mysticmosh said:

Yes I remember, that mission was a total headfuck to do, it was mayhem from the start. I think a cheat code found in that old magazine Powerstation had to be used in my case to get the game done!.

I did it lately, on a different disc, actually there was all up to luck. Still remember was just split into the last district in a second before disaster and been pushed into the garage by a cop car. Even a year ago or so, have spent a lot of time on this mission.

Edited by Bloodytears1666