One Game at a Time or Multiple? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Given how big the backlog is I'd say I'm more of a person who plays one game at a time, especially if it's a narrative driven experience (ex: The Last of Us). If it's a longer story game than usual (ex: Persona 5) I mix in some racing games or FIFA to keep things fresh and not get burn out to the point where I rush the game. 

I could have sworn I answered this very thread not so long ago.

But anyway, multiple games for me, though I do sometimes get drawn into a single game (Skyrim PS4 was the last such example). Currently playing Xenon Valkyrie and DJ Hero 2. The two games couldn't be more different, but they pair up for me just fine.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, Montyzu said:

Over the years I figured out that if I play multiple games at a time I end up not finishing any of them.

So what I do right now is play only 1 game if that game is short, 20 hours or less, if the game is long I play it until Im start to get burned out and switch to a short game, complete that, and come back to the long game.

It also helps my wallet, no more buying everything I see.

Edit: how can I listen to your podcast? Is it on youtube?

It's on soundcloud, Zack @Bushido7745785 normally posts a link on the topic after the episode airs, but we are on most podcast players

I used to play multiple games at once but in recent years have given myself a bit more structure about what I play. I break it down as follows:

1 story driven game on main console (PS4 or PS3) - This tends to be my main focus to try to play until completion or at least finish the story mode if I’m not going for the play. Currently Deadpool on PS4.

i also have a couple of pick up and play games I can play online multiplayer with. These remain fairly consistent with Rocket League and the latest version of FIFA and in particular the Ultimate Team mode. I’ve recently started playing Plants v Zombies again which I’d put into this category too. These games are great when I only have a short amount of time.

i also have a Vita game on the go for when I’m away or on the go. This is currently Rogue Aces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...