Do you have much interest in this game?

Ashbo

Game is out tomorrow and although not much is about regarding gameplay as EA seem to be keeping a tight lid on it, obviously embargo’s haven’t been lifted yet for reviews etc and as this forum seems quiet, anyone have much interest in it?

Are you unsure with it having an EA badge on it?

What are peoples thoughts??

I'm very interested in the game, but simply because it is in EA's hands, that bothers and concern me especially now knowing then seem afraid of reviews for selling the game so embargo lifts practically at the last minute.

Because of allt his, I will wait to see many reviews and a score on Metacritic before I ask myself if its worth buying!

• Like 1

I haven't seen a good Star Wars game in forever and seeing a company like EA attached to any game is like a death sentence for any hype or even interest I could build up for a game. So no, zero interest and basically a guarenteed no buy from me. EA has done so much shit that it would need several good games for me to even consider giving them money again.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

I think people need to get over it being from EA. They have been on their way for redeeming themselves and it shows in their games. This is a full single player game with no microtransactions. NFS Heat also got rid of them and fixes the previous issues. They have learned from their mistakes and people should give them credit otherwise how can a company grow and show people that they are listening (to a point) if no one will listen? People should also be boycotting Activision too then for their actions but I rarely see as many comments against them. There have been many  previews out for this game already and it looks great. Plus the comments praise it. A mix of different genres for a satisfying experience.

Edited by dottyduke1
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

I think people need to get over it being from EA. They have been on their way for redeeming themselves and it shows in their games. This is a full single player game with no microtransactions. NFS Heat also got rid of them and fixes the previous issues. They have learned from their mistakes and people should give them credit otherwise how can a company grow and show people that they are listening (to a point) if no one will listen? People should also be boycotting Activision too then for their actions but I rarely see as many comments against them. There have been many  previews out for this game already and it looks great. Plus the comments praise it. A mix of different genres for a satisfying experience.

that part about ea redeeming themselves is not out of respect to the consumer, its so they can save their own asses. i dont care how much you love ea, ea is and will always be a scummy company untill proven otherwise and ea saying “no lootboxes guys!, no scummy microtransactions guys!” should tell you that we’re in a day and age where developers now have to tweet out that theyre not going to be scummy with nfs heat or the fallen order.... like really? thats fucking PR statements. ea is not redeeming themselves or anyone. theyre just trying to look like the good guys while the shitstorm they created calms down.

go look up “lets go whaling” or watch the recent hearing in the UK with both epic and ea then come back and tell me that theyre still the “good guys” 

and i hope the fallen order turns out to be a great surprise and game but 1 game isnt enough. just like punching someone in the gut 30 times and all you get is a “im sorry” isnt enough. nothing personal, but youre part of ea’s ever growing money empire. you buy into their PR bullshit. 

• Like 3

I didn't until about a few weeks ago, when I saw more and more of the game it looked very, very promising. It wasn't enough to warrant a pre-order but if EA don't muck it up then I will absolutely get it at the weekend because I do so very much want to support Respawn and singleplayer Star Wars games

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

I'm about a third of the way through the game and it's easily my GOTY so far. Haven't had this much fun with a game for years...it's essentially what you get if you mix Uncharted and the new God of War in with lightsabers.

Life's too short for this silly nonsense about boycotting and making a stand...EA don't care and it's no skin off their back. Respawn have made an absolutely quality game and the single player Star Wars content we've been waiting for since KOTOR. No online, no microtransactions...just fun. If you're a Star Wars fan and not playing this over who publishes it, then you're missing out badly.

it sounds like a great game and looks great too. lets see what everyone else have to say tomorrow. i really do hope it does well.

5 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

I'm about a third of the way through the game and it's easily my GOTY so far. Haven't had this much fun with a game for years...it's essentially what you get if you mix Uncharted and the new God of War in with lightsabers.

Life's too short for this silly nonsense about boycotting and making a stand...EA don't care and it's no skin off their back. Respawn have made an absolutely quality game and the single player Star Wars content we've been waiting for since KOTOR. No online, no microtransactions...just fun. If you're a Star Wars fan and not playing this over who publishes it, then you're missing out badly.

Love it mate!! Can’t wait to grab this tomorrow. I’m ready for some third person exploration fun, after a stint of FPS games and from what we have discussed already, I am more than buzzing for it.

• Like 1

Just now, djb5f said:

multiplayer (staying power)

Multiplayer has no "staying power" if the servers die in a week when everyone goes back to playing CoD/ Fortnite etc. When servers shut down then a multiplayer component goes completely so it actually has less of a shelf life than single player which can be played as intended forever.

• Like 2

Not that I care a lot about reviews, but it is interesting that the review embargo lifts at the same time a lot of stores around here allow you to pick up preorders. A few games with up-to-release embargos have turned out fantastic so it isn't always the kiss of death, but that is a trail I will let others blaze before making my purchasing decision.