Do you have much interest in this game?

Ashbo

51 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Multiplayer has no "staying power" if the servers die in a week when everyone goes back to playing CoD/ Fortnite etc. When servers shut down then a multiplayer component goes completely so it actually has less of a shelf life than single player which can be played as intended forever.

maybe several years down the line that is true, but I don’t go back to single player games that far down the line either.  I will have long moved on by the time servers are down.

Multiplayer helps with staying power for the first 2-3 years for sure. 

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

No multiplayer component means I can enjoy this game all the same in 5 years for $5.

Amen, brother.

As to the OP, actually, I DO have interest in this, but not for top dollar. EA lost me some time ago for new releases (around ME3 to be precise), and it takes more than the word of a company for an SP experience with few/no microtransactions before I give them full price again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aladan82 said:

So far it is another great game from Respawn and a very good Star Wars game. Gameplay is fun as hell and the mix of Titanfall/Sekiro/Soulslike/Metroidvania works very well. 

Second person to say almost the same thing which is very promising and only encourages my decision to get it. (Which I am doing anyway). ;)

Based on Respawn's track record and gameplay videos I've seen, the Force is strong with this one.

Further, if we want more single-player Star Wars games in the future, particularly on next generation consoles, we need to support this game by buying it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

if we want more single-player Star Wars games in the future, particularly on next generation consoles, we need to support this game by buying it.

This game could bomb horribly and we'd still be swimming in Star Wars games for decades. Be sensible and grab this game for cheap in the distant future...unless there's a Season Pass or some equally hilarious strategy forthcoming.

I was skeptical for a long while but all the initial impressions I keep hearing and what I peeped at on the trophy list have me changing my mind. It is sounding like a genuine, content filled single player Star Wars experience and I am down for that. Plus I love the Respawn dev team and I want to support their projects. Specially if it gets me a Titanfall 3.

Considering it, tho it seems to be one of those games that do too much little thing good but doesnt have a big thing for it self, mixing metroid vania/sekiro/semi open world etc. As im not attached to the liscence i can be objective about it. If the game offer a good challenge to platinium will pick it up for sure.

23 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

if anyone wants to see more gameplay/are on the fence

thanks for posting,  That looks a little better than I was expecting and being a Star Wars fan (especially the original trilogy), I will have to get it for the sights and sounds of the SW universe.  

Is it going to have any SW heroes or villains in it?   Or just droids, stormtroopers, etc.?  Would be nice to come across Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Luke, Leia, Han, Etc. The main protagonist seems a little lacking.

I will definitely get at some point but seeing how it is single player only, there is really no rush.  Maybe in a year or so when there is a good sale.

Edited by djb5f

58 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Is it going to have any SW heroes or villains in it?   Or just droids, stormtroopers, etc.?  Would be nice to come across Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Luke, Leia, Han, Etc. The main protagonist seems a little lacking.

Only person from the movies I've seen anything of so far is Obi Wan. It's set only a few years after Revenge of the Sith so Luke & Leia are children, doubt they'll appear. Vader might rock up, don't know haven't got too far in.

Cal is a fine protagonist, just gotta play the game and get to know him.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1

I’m really liking this game so far, after 8/10h it’s really enjoyable and it feel like Star Wars, wich is lacking in the movies so far.

and for me, I found that the game is like Tomb Raider, and its really working.

was sceptical when announced, didn’t want to buy it and I’m a huge Star Wars fan, but was very hype recently and I’m not disappointed of bought it.

• Like 1

I am interested in it. I don't really care about Star Wars, but the gameplay looks really fun. I don't mind that it's EA seeing how they seem to have learned something, but I will wait a bit to see if they do end up messing it up. Doesn't help it comes out the same day as pokemon and I don't have the budget for both. 

26 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

One day we will have an open world Star Wars game that follows the movies (1-6). Until that day, this game isn't it 1f44e.png

Lego Star Wars says hi :P

That wouldn't really be a long game either...you'd have about two hours of action gameplay interspersed with Kojima-length cutscenes about the consistency of sand.

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Oblivion said:

One day we will have an open world Star Wars game that follows the movies (1-6). Until that day, this game isn't it 1f44e.png

Whereas I would love an open world Star Wars game, similar to something like The Witcher III (and tbh I thought this new SW was initially), this game from what I know from mates playing it, is similar as we’ve discussed to GoW/TR and Uncharted in terms of its world and how you travel around it and for me i’m completely fine with this as those games referenced are some of the best games i’ve played on a PS4 because of how well both the setting and story link and how the player fits in with it. What we wouldn’t want and could be a danger of an open world SW game, would be a game that is vast and expansive, that would look stunning but with an awful lot of nothing just occupying, well nothing, ala Red Dead Redemption 2.