Do you have much interest in this game?

Ashbo

14 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I haven't seen a good Star Wars game in forever and seeing a company like EA attached to any game is like a death sentence for any hype or even interest I could build up for a game. So no, zero interest and basically a guarenteed no buy from me. EA has done so much shit that it would need several good games for me to even consider giving them money again.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I & II were the last decent ones in my opinion. Since both games are a decade old, it’s definitely been a long time. 

LucasArts knew how to handle the Star Wars license. EA on the other hand is sucking up whatever money and profit is left until the cash cow has sucked away all its blood and guts, leaving a skeletal corpse. 

Much like Hollywood trying to revive and profit off the Star Wars movies. Yet none of the new stuff holds a candle to the original Star Wars trilogy, or the stuff that was out 20 years ago. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

This game could bomb horribly and we'd still be swimming in Star Wars games for decades. Be sensible and grab this game for cheap in the distant future...unless there's a Season Pass or some equally hilarious strategy forthcoming.

Im glad not everyone has that thought process. In a world where gaming is heading towards being multiplayer focused we need to show our support for well made single player games (that interest you of course). You know to prove EA wrong when they said "single player is dead" or something along those lines i forget exactly.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Im glad not everyone has that thought process. In a world where gaming is heading towards being multiplayer focused we need to show our support for well made single player games (that interest you of course). You know to prove EA wrong when they said "single player is dead" or something along those lines i forget exactly.

Yes, if game reviews are good, game sells well, and community is engaged and has good buzz throughout the gaming community, then we can only hope for more strong, narrative single player Star Wars games. I did my part.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I'm very interested, are there any trophy guides out yet? 

Not yet, there may be one or two appear over the next day or two? Guess it depends on those who got the game early as to how long they have played it for and if they or anyone want to or are guide writers??

Some early review scores that look promising (apart from Eurogamer) for those still on the fence...

Metacritic 87%
GameSpot - 8/10
IGN - 9/10
Game Informer - 8.75/10
Gamesradar+ - 4/5
USGamer - 3.5/5
Eurogamer - No Score

gonna buy a used version the next weeks. no money from me for ea and i stand by those words. the fact that some ppl "hate" ea and still buy this game on day one because its SW makes me angry. just a bunch a bigmouths and yeah, im a huge star wars fan as well but i cant wait till ea loses the SW rights. speak with your wallet guys! its the only way they will learn it.

i have spoken

edit/ found a used version for 30 bucks... maybe next time EA...

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, zeit86geist said:

gonna buy a used version the next weeks. no money from me for ea and i stand by those words. the fact that some ppl "hate" ea and still buy this game because its SW makes me angry. just a bunch a bigmouths and yeah, im a huge star wars fan as well but i cant wait till ea loses the SW rights. speak with your wallet guys! its the only way they will learn it.

i have spoken

Yeah well, some of the biggest critics of Madden NFL still buy Madden games. So there you go.

On the fence about this game. Main reason : Combatwise Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were so good and polished....and then there was KOTOR 1 and 2. After that, no matter what Star Wars stuff appeared, I always was " yeah it's ok...but it's not KOTOR quality". Those games ruined Star Wars for me  in a weird way  xD 

Of course, EA is also a reason, I smell lots of DLC and way to milk players for cash. 

However if this game proves to be really good (or at least, not a mediocre mess), I might get it at a discount. It seems most players are quite content with it so far.

I am hyped for this game! ?? I think most of EA's issues come with multiplayer and them making this game in the first place is proof that there's an intention of redemption lying there somewhere. Still, even if there wasn't ... this looked like an amazing game since the first trailers. I read some reviewers are considering it a candidate for GOTY. I have been waiting for a great PS4 Star Wars solo adventure for a while, and this looks like it's gonna make me happy. Getting it ASAP!

PS. I love Cameron Monaghan as well, so!!

The amount of people willing to forgive EA the second a new game comes out is embarrassing, and the reason they keep exploiting you.  This game only exists as the result of them receiving blowback for shady monetisation on the last Star Wars game they made, (ya know, the one that had governments around the world investigating whether or not they were pushing gambling on children). This game solely exists to win back some goodwill from fickle idiots before they start turning the screws again with the next round of “live service” games.  They are riding out the outrage because they know people will forget all about it once the next game comes out, which going by the comments in this thread, it has.

So no, I won’t be buying this game, because my desire to see EA bankrupt for irreparably damaging the games industry trumps my love for Star Wars.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TripleKing333 said:

The amount of people willing to forgive EA the second a new game comes out is embarrassing, and the reason they keep exploiting you.  This game only exists as the result of them receiving blowback for shady monetisation on the last Star Wars game they made, (ya know, the one that had governments around the world investigating whether or not they were pushing gambling on children). This game solely exists to win back some goodwill from fickle idiots before they start turning the screws again with the next round of “live service” games.  They are riding out the outrage because they know people will forget all about it once the next game comes out, which going by the comments in this thread, it has.

So no, I won’t be buying this game, because my desire to see EA bankrupt for irreparably damaging the games industry trumps my love for Star Wars.

Forgive for what? Not every person is into permanent hate and shitstorms. Companys can do what they want and I decide for myself if the game is worth my time and money. Your opinion is yours and yours alone and don´t start to reflect it on any other person.

Edited by Aladan82
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TripleKing333 said:

Spending millions of dollars to make a game that runs counter to their previous statements isn't "riding out the outrage". It is them actually taking action.

EA has earned their low reputation but I don't if that means many of us want all those people to lose their jobs. 

I just want better games with stories and offline options(and for EA to stop monopolizing the NFL license.)

This game answers two of those three things. I don't want them to close up but if they didn't change their course that could happen. 

I really don't know why you're attributing so much to EA as if they changed the industry. At best they just copied trends and created buzzwords like "live service" games. They weren't the ones that made or popularized "live service" games, DLC, microtransactions, or any of the marketing things that I guess personally offends you. EA going out of business won't make those things go away nor will it teach anyone any lessons.  

• Like 3

The reviews look promising but we know its EA, I am not surprised if they are adding micotransactions or should I say ''surprise mechanics'' in a month or two? I agree with other people here with them releasing 2 games without microtransactions (right now at least) doesn't make them better what they did in the past and still do. Take a look at FUT which is completely based about buying packs it is pay-to win. I absolutely hate EA they ruined many franchises and people keep feeding them with a ton of money from buying Fifa blind every year and making it worse by buying a ton of packs so they will continue doing so. I will always be cautious when it comes to EA. 

11 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Spending millions of dollars to make a game that runs counter to their previous statements isn't "riding out the outrage". It is them actually taking action.

EA has earned their low reputation but I don't if that means many of us want all those people to lose their jobs. 

I just want better games with stories and offline options(and for EA to stop monopolizing the NFL license.)

This game answers two of those three things. I don't want them to close up but if they didn't change their course that could happen. 

I really don't know why you're attributing so much to EA as if they changed the industry. At best they just copied trends and created buzzwords like "live service" games. They weren't the ones that made or popularized "live service" games, DLC, microtransactions, or any of the marketing things that I guess personally offends you. EA going out of business won't make those things go away nor will it teach anyone any lessons.  

Yeah I do too, but have them be embarrassed by NFL 2K again? They would never let a game far superior in quality happen

This game is easily one of the best Star Wars games.

It’s very similar to Uncharted series BUT its very alike to Metroid as well as you need to learn abilities to open up areas that need them.

Also the combat system is very like to Dark Souls, with its parry system. But it’s much more generous (I’m playing it on Jedi Knight/Normal difficulty.) The game punishes you if you just spam attacks. It’s NOT like Force Unleashed games.

Pick this up if you are a huge Star Wars fan who loves Uncharted and Metroid-vania games.

Also I can’t see any way they can put in micro transactions. They’ll probably add Skins DLCs, but nothing that would affect how the game play. The XP system is very generous, and most of skills are tied to the skills tree once you learn more abilities .

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 2

Played a bit of it and I'm absolutely loving it! The combat is fun and very souls-like. Or I guess more Sekiro-like. Playing it on Jedi Grand Master difficulty (which i believe is the hardest one, assuming no new difficulties get unlocked after beating the game) and I love how they didn't make the enemies have sponge-like health bar. You do the same amount of damage, but they do more than usual. Plus your parry window is significantly shortened, but it feels pretty reasonable. 

I'm actually surprised with how many Sekiro-like mechanics there are. Combat requires uses of dodges, blocks and parries. Deplete an enemies posture stamina and you get to do a finishing blow on them. There's idol/shrine substitues where you rest and use skill points to buy new skills. If you die, you lose your XP but you can recover it by killing the enemy that took it. I'm not too sure about some of the mechanics since I'm still early on, but it feels nice when playing. The Uncharted-like scripted segments to a good job in creating cinematic moments without making the controls away from the character.

I want this game to sell like crazy and let EA know that they're is a market for single-player games and they don't need to put their crappy monetization all over it. It's not gonna stop them from releasing their yearly sports games with dem "surprise mechanics", but if we can get good single-player games from them too, then I'll be glad. It's the first EA game I've picked up in 6 years and hopefully it doesn't take another 6 years for them to push out something good again.

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
  • Like 2