Do you have much interest in this game?

Ashbo

I was really interested in this game until I saw my housemate playing it and now I think it looks terrible. It's glitchy and buggy as hell, plays about as smooth as gravel and with so little interaction with NPC's and fmvs it just feels empty and bland and boring. 

And having played a lot of other games in this style I can say it just doesn't hold up. I think it's on a par with lords of the fallen but perhaps with better map design.

Good lord...I really don't like this game. 

It runs really poorly and the character models are just bad. But worst of all is the clunky combat...people need to stop comparing this to Dark Souls. There is nowhere near the variety in combat and the hit boxes are ridiculous. 

The story does seem good so far though and I quite like the environments.

I really wish I hadn't started this game. I may put it down for now and wait for any performance patches.

• Like 1

On my wishlist and I will get once it goes on a good sale.  Since it is single player only, no rush to get.

The multiplayer of SWBF was a lot of fun and I sunk so many hours into it.  That it focused on the original trilogy was a major plus and the modes and game maps were great as was the DLC.  SWBFII was a mess all the way around.  Some fun could be had but a disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy the game, but I don't like:

- the combat. It could've been so much more awesome. So many opportunities missed here - lightsaber, force, finishing moves - everything.

- the graphics. It's horrible playing it on the PS4 (just like Titanfall 2). Graphics loading really hard while you are playing (you are watching the graphics load as you play), if you rotate the viewing camera you can see the graphics fade, graphics per se are not so impressive. It really feels like it's not a 2019 game comparing it with RDR 2 or with Battlefield V.

Also, graphic details could have been improved:

- when it's raining you can't see the rain touching the lightsaber and evaporate. This was present even in old games like Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy).

- If you stand near a wall with the lightsaber it just enters the graphics. It makes you feel like you are not playing a game that was trying to achieve greatness/state of art, but just trying to not suck.

Edited by AtotheMtotheZ
  • Like 1

Sadly this game for me was a big disappointment, having just finished it my biggest complaints are:

- Most of the characters in the game are bland and uninteresting, including the protagonist. Little to no character interaction makes the world feel lifeless.

- Combat is clunky, there's no flow or rhythm to it.

- Map design is horrible, this combined with no fast travel makes exploration a real chore. I understand not having fast travel during your first playthrough, but they at least could've added it once you finish the game and do your post-game cleanup.

- The game simply lacks the polish that truly great games have.

• Like 1