Price...

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Psshht, let me tell you a secret: games on PSN are overpriced to rip-off the addicts who cannot wait and those who are too lazy to leave the house. Solution: buy physical games.
This advice was brought to you by Captain Obvious2122.png. You're welcome.

I always buy digital. Always. And I don't consider myself to be an 'addict who cannot wait or am too lazy to leave the house'. Also, while you get newer standard releases going for 70 - 80 euros there is usually a big selection of regular weekly and periodical sales which i'm pretty sure blow physical prices out of the water.

I will happily pay a few euros extra on a digital copy of a game for reasons like:

• Getting the game pre-loaded onto my console ahead of time so I can get into the game as soon as I get home from my 10 - 12 hour work shifts.
  • Not having to run across the city during rush hour to another game store because the closest one didn't have it in stock.
  • Not having to stand in front of a shop clerk waiting for them to hand over the game i just bought while they uncomfortably finish upselling everything they are being told to.
  • Being able to avoid busy queues in the limited times I can actually get out to a physical retailer to buy a copy of the game.
  • Not being at the mercy of courier companies who may or may not deliver my physical game on time
  • Having to rely on a post-person to deliver my game exactly at the point when i'm at home and in the house, ready to accept the delivery
  • Not running the risk of my game being damaged or lost completely in transit
  • Feeling a little better in myself about not buying more plastic and contributing to my carbon footprint - something which i've become way way more conscious about in the past few years.

So yeah, I'll happily pay a bit extra on a brand new title for the convenience of bypassing all of the above, I don't think that's lazy or impatient - I think that's a mix of being smart and having common sense? I stopped buying physical games the same year I moved to my current country of residence 8 years ago and it's been transformative for me. If you disagree with that - come at me ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

It does seem odd that it's $40 on PSN, while debuting at $13 on the eShop. Either it was a mistake in the pricing or they think people are stupid.

Well.. the ps4 version doesn't have same publisher than Switch one.. so Both publisher set a different price. Adding trophy probably add a cost of 30$ ..  

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I always buy digital. Always. And I don't consider myself to be an 'addict who cannot wait or am too lazy to leave the house'. Also, while you get newer standard releases going for 70 - 80 euros there is usually a big selection of regular weekly and periodical sales which i'm pretty sure blow physical prices out of the water.

I will happily pay a few euros extra on a digital copy of a game for reasons like:

• Getting the game pre-loaded onto my console ahead of time so I can get into the game as soon as I get home from my 10 - 12 hour work shifts.
  • Not having to run across the city during rush hour to another game store because the closest one didn't have it in stock.
  • Not having to stand in front of a shop clerk waiting for them to hand over the game i just bought while they uncomfortably finish upselling everything they are being told to.
  • Being able to avoid busy queues in the limited times I can actually get out to a physical retailer to buy a copy of the game.
  • Not being at the mercy of courier companies who may or may not deliver my physical game on time
  • Having to rely on a post-person to deliver my game exactly at the point when i'm at home and in the house, ready to accept the delivery
  • Not running the risk of my game being damaged or lost completely in transit
  • Feeling a little better in myself about not buying more plastic and contributing to my carbon footprint - something which i've become way way more conscious about in the past few years.

So yeah, I'll happily pay a bit extra on a brand new title for the convenience of bypassing all of the above, I don't think that's lazy or impatient - I think that's a mix of being smart and having common sense? I stopped buying physical games the same year I moved to my current country of residence 8 years ago and it's been transformative for me. If you disagree with that - come at me 1f602.png

I admire your bravery but now i will destroy you for it ?

consider the following 

● No wifi

VIAd0uK.jpg

fm6OAZ2.gif

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MorbidMercenary said:

I admire your bravery but now i will destroy you for it 1f914.png

consider the following 

● No wifi

Haha! Nooooo, bad internet! It's the Kryptonite of any digital pre-load ? Internet where I am is pretty decent and I rarely have a problem.

My reasoning for being purely digital is because it's suited my personal situation over the past 8 or so years with work, location, a crappy postal service and stable intertubes. I can get how some people need to rely on it to get access to their games. I hear horror stories about internet stability / data expensiveness from other countries though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I don't think that's lazy or impatient

Actually, I think almost everything you said falls under impatient.   Pre loading so you can play as soon as you get home and cant be bothered to stand in line or wait for postal delivery? Lol ok

Do digital because that's your preference, but dont list a bunch of BS pompous excuses to justify it.

You can almost always find a cheaper physical copy because it's being resold by another consumer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Actually, I think almost everything you said falls under impatient.   Pre loading so you can play as soon as you get home and cant be bothered to stand in line or wait for postal delivery? Lol ok

Do digital because that's your preference, but dont list a bunch of BS pompous excuses to justify it.

You can almost always find a cheaper physical copy because it's being resold by another consumer. 

Like i said, It's personal opinion, therefore subjective and i'm taking into account other people's situations in comparison to my own (try it). I'm also not seeking to justify myself for my preference here at all. My response is to someone completely unrelated to you or anything you posted so far at all. No need to clutch frantically at your pearls with flushed cheeks and take offence to the reasons why I buy digital. Everything will be okay, me buying digital won't make your physical copies go away or make any future physical copies not exist.

Read what I wrote again. If you think pre-loading/getting digital is lazy because of my personal situation, you are talking out of the completely wrong hole.

If you think my reasons are still based on impatience then you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am mine ?

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

24 minutes ago, Elk_mistral said:

Ok... my questions was "Why 14$ CAD on switch vs 54$ CAD on psn.. ?" 

My question was not "Can you bullshit everyone.." anyway for short this is a digital release only so stfu about physical vs digital..

Thank You

i don't want to get too involved with argument but the game is getting a physical release both standard and limited edition through Limited Run Games. (Although not out yet but preorder is live)
The physical version for both PS4 and Switch is showing $34.99 USD with the limited edition showing $59.99. USD

It could be a marketing ploy to make people buy the physical but I doubt that, I assume it has something to do with the team who did the PS4 port. But I am only making guesses here.

Edited by fisty123

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Like i said, It's personal opinion, therefore subjective and i'm taking into account other people's situations in comparison to my own (try it). I'm also not seeking to justify myself for my preference here at all. My response is to someone completely unrelated to you or anything you posted so far at all. No need to clutch frantically at your pearls with flushed cheeks and take offence to the reasons why I buy digital. Everything will be okay, me buying digital won't make your physical copies go away or make any future physical copies not exist.

Triggered, lol.  Your head is so far up your own rear-end it's not even funny. Kbye

3 hours ago, Elk_mistral said:

Ok... my questions was "Why 14$ CAD on switch vs 54$ CAD on psn.. ?" 

My question was not "Can you bullshit everyone.." anyway for short this is a digital release only so stfu about physical vs digital..

Thank You

Nobody can really answer your question.

Could be switch gave it a major price cut as a promotion to snatch up as many people as possible before the PSN release? Could be PSN has a retarded digital price that's out of touch with reality?  

Is it possible you're looking at standard edition on switch and limited edition on psn?

• 10 months later...