Novelist’s Son /// First Prepper

Hartgroove

Some facilities, like Novelist’s Son, or First Prepper for example, not leveling up from deliveries properly, at some point they stuck at 1 or 2 stars, completing any kind of deliveries or Lost cargoes do not give any progress.

And then you do another 10 deliveries and it just goes normal again and start progressing normally.

Anyone knows the reason? Do they maybe have some requirements? Or specific orders without which they do not progress?

1 hour ago, Hartgroove said:

Some facilities, like Novelist’s Son, or First Prepper for example, not leveling up from deliveries properly, at some point they stuck at 1 or 2 stars, completing any kind of deliveries or Lost cargoes do not give any progress.

And then you do another 10 deliveries and it just goes normal again and start progressing normally.

Anyone knows the reason? Do they maybe have some requirements? Or specific orders without which they do not progress?

I think I've read somewhere around here that they don't want to join the UCA but the more you deliver the more they are convinced to join and so level up normal after a while. 

• Like 1

Keep doing deliveries for them. Eventually, they’ll give in and join the UCA. If no more orders are available for them, keep playing the game and doing more orders. When you get an email from them, it means that you need to do one or two more orders and then they’ll eventually join the network. The same holds true for the Veteran Porter.  

Some are locked to emails, you need to always open new emails, then if any others are waiting to trigger, rest in a private room and they will trigger

As example is the Collector, he gets stuck just before Rank 2. To remove the lock, you have to read his 2nd email about letters. But to trigger the 2nd email, first you must open his first email about magazines, then once you have opened that, the 2nd should trigger after resting. If you never open that 1st email from him, his Star Rank would get stuck in limbo

Due to the Collectors rank being locked behind emails, its a good chance others are as well.

Chances are that everyone that is saying keep doing orders, or its locked until Episode X, or that you must get another certain UAC first, likely all of those players had triggered and opened emails just before and didnt think anything of it

Open your emails TC, then rest in private room to see if new ones appear, then try handing a lost cargo in or something, see if the Rank then goes up.......

Let us know

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

First prepper is annoying af. All the deliveries are time-based and even if I rush to him with all I got, I always get Rank A even if the cargo is in top condition. Once you got him in the UCA, place ziplines like there is no tomorrow. If someone has tips for him, let me know, please.

Edited by Katt

8 minutes ago, Katt said:

First prepper is annoying af. All the deliveries are time-based and even if I rush to him with all I got, I always get Rank A even if the cargo is in top condition. Once you got him in the UCA, place ziplines like there is no tomorrow. If someone has tips for him, let me know, please.

His location fits into a zip network really easy. If you have 1 set up at the spiritualist you only need 1 right on the mountain past her bunker and it drops you right next to the first prepper. Once you get him you can make a 3-4 zip network to connect to the weather station.

• Like 2

The First Prepper is so frustrating.  I've read the emails, I've slept in the private room, I cannot get another delivery for him from anywhere.

*Of course as soon as I posted this I found an order at Mountain Knot city.  Never fails.

Edited by KyuSonico
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, Optinooby said:

Some are locked to emails, you need to always open new emails, then if any others are waiting to trigger, rest in a private room and they will trigger

You were right, it unlocks the progress, they actually say in emails when they ready to join.

16 hours ago, KyuSonico said:

The First Prepper is so frustrating.  I've read the emails, I've slept in the private room, I cannot get another delivery for him from anywhere.

This is frustrating, i had to do a circle to check all nearby facilities, but sometimes there are hints in emails. For example in pizza emails he tells you where to deliver it from.

12 hours ago, Hartgroove said:

You were right, it unlocks the progress, they actually say in emails when they ready to join.

This is frustrating, i had to do a circle to check all nearby facilities, but sometimes there are hints in emails. For example in pizza emails he tells you where to deliver it from.

Not really, the pizza emails are unique since you can only level Peter Englert by doing the single 4 pizza deliveries.

On 16/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, KingTom95 said:

Which facilities have good orders for the novelist son and the prepper ? 

here is a list of all standard orders: https://www.ign.com/wikis/death-stranding/List_of_Standard_Orders press CTRL+F and write "Novelist's Son" or whatever you need and check that the name is listed in "To" so you know is for the Novelist's Son. Once you find a mission, go up a little to know which facility gives you that mission and go. If you can't find a certain delivery, remember to sleep in a shelter and read emails. If the deliveries are still missing, do a couple deliveries with bots or manually and repeat the sleep/read part.

• Like 1