waltdisneypixar

Can we have Walkthroughs like Guides at the top?

13 posts in this topic

Hi

Home Forums Guides Walkthroughs Leaderboard Games Trophies Discord Gaming Sessions

Can we have it and we can add the trophies like in the guides in the walkthrough so you can see you got them like in the guide

Honestly, i prefer walkthroughs than guides some times because they tell you specific trophies related to a chapter and so on and gets you there faster than looking a guide

It would be awesome

https://www.trueachievements.com  have them and they are amazing

Wouldn't a Walkthrough section just be full of 15-30 minute reposts of the same stacking platinum games?

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Wouldn't a Walkthrough section just be full of 15-30 minute reposts of the same stacking platinum games?

What do you mean?

Have you seen the walkthroughs in trueachievements.

Edited by waltdisneypixar

2 minutes ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Have you seen the walkthrough in trueachievements.

Yes, I've seen a walkthrough before. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just thinking of where it will end up.

Just now, Helyx said:

Yes, I've seen a walkthrough before. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just thinking of where it will end up.

Where? Because as I said they are better than guides at least some guides

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I meant written not just a youtube video post

Edited by waltdisneypixar

Walkthroughs take much more effort than the "roadmap/guides" that you tend to see here and on playstationtrophies.org. It doesn't seem like there are many people that are willing to create walkthroughs, so the section would probably end up barren, much like on truetrophies.

Edited by ShadeSplit

Not all games need a walk through. I think OP means a full written step by step walk through for a game not a simple video guide.

There are a number on .org. I have done a few and @themindisacity often does them, especially for point and clicks and the Artifex Mundi games.

i think this would be a good addition as it is quite different than a typical trophy guide.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

i think this would be a good addition as it is quite different than a typical trophy guide.

Yeah, I've used her guides for lots of PnCs, but personally I feel like a well written trophy guide will take the place of a walkthrough. The example posted was basically just a reformatted wiki that still used videos, it just held your hand from point A to point B.

I'm sure lots of people would enjoy a feature like this. I expect to see lots of walkthroughs from @waltdisneypixar.

What's the reason to separate walkthroughs out of the guides section?

I like the way it is now having them both in the same place so you don't need to check one page for trophy guides and another page for walkthroughs.

Anyone can create a walkthrough by selecting "gameplay" as the guide type instead of "trophy".

10 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

Anyone can create a walkthrough by selecting "gameplay" as the guide type instead of "trophy".

Okey so thread closed