Zipline tips

Radford999

For anyone that is constantly placing and using ziplines, can anyone give me any tips on how to best use/place them? I’ve been following Powerpyx’s trophy guide and he advocates placing ziplines everywhere to cut down on the platinum time. I plan to do this. But i’m just wondering if any of you guys have started doing this already and have any tips on where to place them. Thanks.

Look at the terrain, place them at high points if at all possible so they have a decent line of sight, they have a range of 300m (350m upgraded) so utilise the distance as well as you can.  They are hands down the fastest mode of transport in the game, yes including any vehicle.  A fully built road would surpass them but they only really link major locations once they're built.

Edited by Salt_AU

I don’t think you can fully cover the map with ziplines, just put them in non-road accesible places, mostly the west side. For the rest is best to complete the road, specially since the best orders have massive amounts of kg (400, 500, 600...), those are the ones that improve both stars and categories the most, and can only be completed by truck, unless i’m missing a super exo-skeleton later in the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salt_AU said:

Look at the terrain, place them at high points if at all possible so they have a decent line of sight, they have a range of 300m (350m upgraded) so utilise the distance as well as you can.  They are hands down the fastest mode of transport in the game, yes including any vehicle.  A fully built road would surpass them but they only really link major locations once they're built.

After how much time (or which Chapter) you can create zipline? I'm only at the first very "big" delivery lol

Me and random Online Players connected all Places in the Mountains with Ziplines, I leveled all Facilities there, searched all Collectibles and moved to the flat Area, so I can delete these Mountain-Ziplines if i have not enough Build-Space. You can't connect the whole Map with Ziplines, in the Flat Area me and my random Online Players rebuilt the roads, that's the fastes way there and you can transport much more cargo as with the Ziplines. And if I'm done there, I'll move to the Eastern-Map.

1 hour ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

After how much time (or which Chapter) you can create zipline? I'm only at the first very "big" delivery lol

I highly recommend to do the UCA-Leveling after the Story. I built a lot of Roads before the Story-Ending because my Deliveries was this way, but no Ziplines.

Edited by Sikutai

I have completely connected the first map with zip lines. That includes Musician, Ludens, Wind Farm. Hardest part is Distro to Port as you need to do some climbing to save on bandwidth. Here is a short video of Capital to Distro via Waypoint (regular non-upgraded zip lines). A full video of the whole network is coming soon.

Edited by Skyrant23
spelling
  • Like 1

With other players ziplines I have connected all the areas on both maps. On the second map I started with the northeast - southeast area first until I reached 5 stars in the facilities in this area so I can use more ziplines. Then I connected all the areas of the west part of the map. I also completed most of the roads because some deliveries are only managable (for Legend of Legends rank) only by vehicle. But for the most deliveries I used the ziplines and the power exoskeleton

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

I don’t think you can fully cover the map with ziplines, just put them in non-road accesible places, mostly the west side. For the rest is best to complete the road, specially since the best orders have massive amounts of kg (400, 500, 600...), those are the ones that improve both stars and categories the most, and can only be completed by truck, unless i’m missing a super exo-skeleton later in the game.

You can but not all regions at once. I have every camp on the central map connected and still have some bandwidth left over for a few more. Key thing is to make use of the online ones because they dont contribute to your cost so build with them in mind.

Minor spoilers below about episode 6.

So in this episode you spend most of your time travelling through the mountains on the west. It’s a nightmare to be honest. I’m hating this episode. I’ve tried to place ziplines on the mountains but i’ve placed way too many and ran out of bandwidth. Then i will make a good few ziplines connected together, only to come to an area that isn’t connected to the chiral network so i have to stop lol. 

So what is the best thing to do. Keep playing the story and place little connected ziplines? Or shall i wait until after the story and wait until i have unlocked all of the chiral network (i assume that happens?) and spend a few hours connecting ziplines and then max out all facilities? Or shall i connect some ziplines in an area and then max out the surrounding facilities, then once they have been maxed out, move the ziplines somewhere else?

Sorry if this post is a little hard to understand haha. Also how long does it take to max out one facility? 

Edited by Radford999

6 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

They rust out? 

Yep. They last about 4/5 days without a upgrade. So either upgrade it, replace it or use Chiral Crystals to fix it for a while. My game has so much rusted items right now. ?

Everything you build will rest. So always upgrade!

Edited by Jamescush147