Happy Birthday from Death Stranding!

JoaLoft

8 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

I don't know if this has been shared by people over here yet, but regardless: I thought I'd drop this here.

Today happens to be my birthday, and I decided to start up Death Stranding to play a bit. I'm still early on in the game, and exploring at my own pace. Mistakenly pressed the touch pad button to "call out", when I actually needed the map, and ... Well, you can guess what happened.

It's a nice little touch. So, you might want to keep this in mind if your birthday is coming up. :)

happy birthday

i have seen vid's/livestreams of ppl talking about b/day surprise  but i wont see it in my own game as my b/day isn't till march

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I mean, wouldn't changing your PS4's clock result in it showing?

yes but at same time it will change the timestamp for the trophy as the ps4/any sony system it uses the time/date u set on ur system to put timestamps

i did way back in ps3 cant remember which game but i changed the time/date on my system then when i got the trophy pop for said thing..it showed t/stamp with the set info

also for some games like death stranding.. when u start it will ask u to add ur b/day it will show day/month u have set when u made ur psn account...and yes in game u can change the day/date if u want..

Edited by madmatty75
forgot to add some info

44 minutes ago, madmatty75 said:

yes but at same time it will change the timestamp for the trophy as the ps4/any sony system it uses the time/date u set on ur system to put timestamps

i did way back in ps3 cant remember which game but i changed the time/date on my system then when i got the trophy pop for said thing..it showed t/stamp with the set info

also for some games like death stranding.. when u start it will ask u to add ur b/day it will show day/month u have set when u made ur psn account...and yes in game u can change the day/date if u want..

Uhm, no, trophy time stamps use a hidden clock you have no power over. It can only be controlled by the Sony servers, hence why you will get a missing time stamp on any trophy earned from a machine that hasn't logged into them before.

As for the game, since I haven't played it yet and made sure to remain completely in the dark about it, can someone clarify without spoilers: Are those voices other players that were shown there's someone with a birthday in the vicinity, or are they actually the game itself?

30 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Uhm, no, trophy time stamps use a hidden clock you have no power over. It can only be controlled by the Sony servers, hence why you will get a missing time stamp on any trophy earned from a machine that hasn't logged into them before.

As for the game, since I haven't played it yet and made sure to remain completely in the dark about it, can someone clarify without spoilers: Are those voices other players that were shown there's someone with a birthday in the vicinity, or are they actually the game itself?

ok the part u said about> no, trophy time stamps use a hidden clock you have no power over. It can only be controlled by the Sony servers, hence why you will get a missing time stamp on any trophy earned from a machine that hasn't logged into them before.<

i dont understand what u mean? as i have had my account since before sony even added the option to have trophies in there games

and yes what i said about (the timestamp for the trophy as the ps4/any sony system it uses the time/date u set on ur system to put timestamps)

it is true i just cant show a example becouse i have so many games i have played it would take me forever to find just 1 example

also back in the ps3 era when trophies 1st got released my freind had created a dummy psn account and had time/date/year settings on his ps3 set to different settings to what it actually was...example if it was say **10th/January/2007 he would set it as 19th/December/2010** and all trophies he got on that day would have that date as when he earned them **just used that date as example to prove my point**

as for ur Question>> As for the game, since I haven't played it yet and made sure to remain completely in the dark about it, can someone clarify without spoilers: Are those voices other players that were shown there's someone with a birthday in the vicinity, or are they actually the game itself? << i dont know how it was done..

Edited by madmatty75
reply to death stranding question