Gubiian

[SOLUTION] Dead bodies don't show up bug

16 posts in this topic

Some time ago, I was playing the game until I get an advice of a dead body which was never found, and searched around the entire maps in all the way you can imagine, by the last I presumed it was some kind of bug, so after trying to back in saves, and keep playing, the message still happening, and if I don't deal with the dead body which is lost... BOOOM!!! BLACK VOIDOUT!!! ENDGAME!!!

 

So I took the hardest decision, restart the entire game and give up for more than 40 hours of gameplay, and now, I got for you some words for who's getting in the same situation.

 

What causes it

Well, probably it is related to run over MULAs, they are not very aggressive early game but as soon we discover their vehicle, we just want to make them pay for their sins, and then Swoosh! Roadkill with no mercy! Well... Don't do that, you are signing your name in devil's blacklist. I do not know if their bodies fall of scenario and eventually die or something, but apparently it only happens by running over them, my friend are using only the rope, bola gun and passive grenades, and still nothing happens, so I think it is just if you run over them.

 

What I reccomend

  • DO NOT run over anyone, and try NOT enter in an aggro combat until you have unlocked the incinerator areas.
  • If you ran over someone, play it safe, restart your last save data.
  • Make some backups in cloud or some USB device, of your Death Stranding profile save data, last save data, and some more 1 or 2 saves a time before, just to keep it save in case of this happens again.
    • Remember to DISABLE automatic backup to cloud, or it will help you in nothing.
  • AVOID knockout MULEs in water, they can drown and eventually die.
  • In second area of the game there's some ravines, once you got discovered my MULEs, they can try jump over those ravines, fail and fall off, which can kill them without you even notice it.
    • Spoiler

      Complete the "Timefall Farm" outpost first of all, it will unlock a body scan for odradek, will help you in various situations along the game.

       


Unfortunately there's just a few bad solutions I figured out

  1. If you just receive the message from Deadman, you can restart your last save data, or a few before, it probably will solve your problem, cause you recently kill someone.
  2. If if does not solve your problem you can keep restarting before saves until you have not killed the guy.
  3. If it body is causing a black voidout (Game-over) it means already has passed 12 real world hours ingame, the time it took to go full necro and explode, so the painful action is go back something arounf 12/13 or even 14 hours after this save.
  4. If nothing above solve your problem, restart your game, probably it is a body bugged in your profile save data.

 

Hope It helps!!

Edited by Gubiian
Find a possible solution
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gubiian said:

I was playing until I get an advice about a dead body, and Deadman said he will mark it on map, but nothing shows on map and I can't find any dead bodies, even if I ignore it and keep it playing, sooner or later it causes a black voidout and I lose all the progress and end up stucking myself. Someone know how to locate dead bodies, if it is a bug or something?

 

Please I already restarded the game once because of it, but I already have more than 30 hours in this new gameplay and really don't want to lose it again!! Thanks for all!

 

The game saves like every time you use a terminal, load a save before accidentally killing the enemy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the point, I did not killed anyone, I only uses the rope to parry, and Bolagun lvl 2, when they fall the icon which shows up is that little stars above their bodies. I am not playing an aggro campaing, trying not to kill.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened to me as well, they are on a different map than you are, either Central or Eastern region. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to take a look, but I'm pretty much early game, chapter 3 yet, only have the initial area, and very small area after fragile take me to new zone. Do you have some example how it's supposed to look in minimap, 'cause I'm not finding it anywhere... 🙄😓

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has this been resolved, because it's happening to me as well- I'm in chapter 8, at the tail end of the Heartman storyline when DEADMAN TELLS ME THAT THERE IS A BODY IN THE AREA THAT IS ABOUT TO GO NECRO, "I've marked it on your map..." he says this specifically- and I must locate and dispose of it before that happens- IT IS NOT ON THE MAP, IT IS NOT ON ANY MAP! THE WORLD KEEPS EXPLODING! PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE BODY! Sorry for yelling, I just really want to get on with the game and I can't until this issue gets taken care of. And yes, I've checked ll of both the Eastern and Central maps- I do not have the Western map as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2019 at 2:55 AM, BabyBrainchild said:

Has this been resolved, because it's happening to me as well- I'm in chapter 8, at the tail end of the Heartman storyline when DEADMAN TELLS ME THAT THERE IS A BODY IN THE AREA THAT IS ABOUT TO GO NECRO, "I've marked it on your map..." he says this specifically- and I must locate and dispose of it before that happens- IT IS NOT ON THE MAP, IT IS NOT ON ANY MAP! THE WORLD KEEPS EXPLODING! PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE BODY! Sorry for yelling, I just really want to get on with the game and I can't until this issue gets taken care of. And yes, I've checked ll of both the Eastern and Central maps- I do not have the Western map as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Well there's some solutions. Probably it is some kind of bug, I don't know exatcly what is causing it, but I can say that it is probably caused by running over MULA Guys.

I restart the entire game, so I'm playing real safe now, hope it help you.

Unfortunately there's just a few bad solutions I figured out

  1. If you just receive the message from Deadman, you can restart your last save data, or a few before, it probably will solve your problem, cause you recently kill someone.
  2. If if does not solve your problem you can keep restarting before saves until you have not killed the guy.
  3. If it body is causing a black voidout (Game-over) it means already has passed 12 real world hours ingame, the time it took to go full necro and explode, so the painful action is go back something arounf 12/13 or even 14 hours after this save.
  4. If nothing above solve your problem, restart your game, probably it is a body bugged in your profile save data.

 

What I reccomend

  • DO NOT run over anyone, and try NOT enter in an aggro combat until you have unlocked the incineartor areas.
  • If you ran over someone, play it safe, restart your last save data.
  • Make some backups in cloud or some USB device, of your Death Stranding profile save data, last save data, and some more 1 or 2 saves a time before, just to keep it save in case of this happens again.
  • I don't know if there's other things that causes it, but my friend are using only the rope, bola gun and passive grenades, and still nothing happens, so I think it is just if you run over them.

 

Hope It helps!!

Edited by Gubiian
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a enemy had fallen down a ravine, it happens. I found one once, but luckily he hasnt died

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already explained this in my thread:

Also, I do recommend running over some MULEs to knock them out. This will not kill them.

 

So... When the voidout occurs, just go back to your body and reload the last save data. The dead body will be gone and you can continue playing. This is explained in the Tips while you are searching your body.

 

But yeah, that doesn't explains why the body is gone.

Edited by Katt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 7:40 PM, Katt said:

I already explained this in my thread:

Also, I do recommend running over some MULEs to knock them out. This will not kill them.

 

So... When the voidout occurs, just go back to your body and reload the last save data. The dead body will be gone and you can continue playing. This is explained in the Tips while you are searching your body.

 

But yeah, that doesn't explains why the body is gone.

 

Running over them has a chance to kill, but instead of stars will show some icon which looks like a ghost or a soul, I don't know. The real problem starts when this don't happen like, you  can run over a MULE and appear that knocked out symbol, but you can notice if you keep playing, those MULE will return with some kind of bug in their AI, like, they are there standing, doing nothing, if you punch ou sometimes even touch, they go back to knocked out state.

 

So my theory is, those bugged AI bodies may be detected as dead instead of knocked out, but they are not real ingame objects, you can test it by sleeping in bunker areas, in sam's room, after sleeping those bugged guys will disappear, and I think this is causing the missing dead body bug.

 

It's just a theory, so for this reason I do not reccomend run over any of them, just knock them out by the normal way.

 

On 19/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, Optinooby said:

Maybe a enemy had fallen down a ravine, it happens. I found one once, but luckily he hasnt died

 

But it won't be supposed to show some icon in the minimap, like Deadman said? "I'll put a marker in your..." I don't remember the entire phrase hahah

Edited by Gubiian
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gubiian said:

Running over them has a chance to kill

really? I've been doing that the whole game to clean MULE camps quickly and never killed someone, tried in Very Easy and Hard. The only time I killed someone was when I shoot someone with real bullets, I wanted to see what happened. It was a mistake, but running over them? never had an issue with that. And I know I haven't killed someone because no one called me when I was doing that to tell me to go to dispose the body.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Katt said:

really? I've been doing that the whole game to clean MULE camps quickly and never killed someone, tried in Very Easy and Hard. The only time I killed someone was when I shoot someone with real bullets, I wanted to see what happened. It was a mistake, but running over them? never had an issue with that. And I know I haven't killed someone because no one called me when I was doing that to tell me to go to dispose the body.

Yes, I was doing a recollect order for Timefall Farm, and while cleaning the MULE camp with the van running over the MULES, Die-Hardman notice me that I've killed someone. i finish the order and then I carry the body to the incinerator with the van, in the other fucking side of the map...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Katt said:

really? I've been doing that the whole game to clean MULE camps quickly and never killed someone, tried in Very Easy and Hard. The only time I killed someone was when I shoot someone with real bullets, I wanted to see what happened. It was a mistake, but running over them? never had an issue with that. And I know I haven't killed someone because no one called me when I was doing that to tell me to go to dispose the body.

 

It's not a easy task, but yes, there's a small chance to get them killed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having the same issue too. I thought that it was because I had killed a mule by hitting it with my bike and never taking it to the incinerator in the first map section. I lost the body and was never able to find it again. Nothing happened. This was about 15 real life hours before I got the message from deadman, during chapter three, that we all know so well. "There is a body near you and it is about to go necro". I ignored it, thinking nothing of it since I had left the other body for so long and nothing had happened. It then triggered a voidout. This was all during chapter three, on the second map. 

That one time where I had ran over the mule was the only time I had ever killed someone. It was the only possible way I could've killed someone. It was the only possible way that I could experience a voidout, if the call wasn't some sort of randomly assigned mission, or there was an extreme delay on the body going necro. I still believed that somehow that the game had suddenly remembered that I had killed someone in the previous map and had decided to bring it up 15 real life hours later. Somehow. Which doesn't fit the 40hr in game rule that was established. So I went back to the first map.

I thought that possibly mules had placed the body in one of their postboxes, seeing as it wasn't coming up on the map. I checked every mule postbox in the area of the first map.

Nothing (I don't believe that you can store bodies in there but I checked anyway). I knocked out most if not all the MULEs from each camp. Didn't find a thing. I then checked every single shelter, way station and farm I could to see if it was there. Yet again, nothing. It then triggered another voidout after enough time had passed at which I got depressed and went to bed. This was what I believe to be my third triggered voidout, maybe second I don't quite remember. I left the game for a day or two and when I came back and booted up my most recent save I no longer got the call from deadman. I was in a different map from when I got called about it originally. I lost around thirty minutes of progress. I don't believe its because you have killed someone, because you receive different alerts for each event. I believe it is either a randomly assigned mission that is either broken, or when you rest in a private room the body can fall off the map; or the game has accidentally given us a mission that it is not ready for us to complete for whatever reason. I still don't know exactly how it was fixed but I have played around 8 real life hours since then and I am currently able to play without experiencing a voidout. I don't intend to check how it may have been fixed since I may just be lucky and I don't want to break my game again.

 

TL;DR: I suggest going to a different map from deadmans call, causing a voidout in the different map then loading the most recent save from the different map and seeing what happens. Still unsure if that was it or not. Read above if you want to do what I did step for step, though I don't know how much it will help. Sorry if it doesn't help.

Edited by PeePeePooPooAnis
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2019 at 0:29 PM, PeePeePooPooAnis said:

I was having the same issue too. I thought that it was because I had killed a mule by hitting it with my bike and never taking it to the incinerator in the first map section. I lost the body and was never able to find it again. Nothing happened. This was about 15 real life hours before I got the message from deadman, during chapter three, that we all know so well. "There is a body near you and it is about to go necro". I ignored it, thinking nothing of it since I had left the other body for so long and nothing had happened. It then triggered a voidout. This was all during chapter three, on the second map. 

That one time where I had ran over the mule was the only time I had ever killed someone. It was the only possible way I could've killed someone. It was the only possible way that I could experience a voidout, if the call wasn't some sort of randomly assigned mission, or there was an extreme delay on the body going necro. I still believed that somehow that the game had suddenly remembered that I had killed someone in the previous map and had decided to bring it up 15 real life hours later. Somehow. Which doesn't fit the 40hr in game rule that was established. So I went back to the first map.

I thought that possibly mules had placed the body in one of their postboxes, seeing as it wasn't coming up on the map. I checked every mule postbox in the area of the first map.

Nothing (I don't believe that you can store bodies in there but I checked anyway). I knocked out most if not all the MULEs from each camp. Didn't find a thing. I then checked every single shelter, way station and farm I could to see if it was there. Yet again, nothing. It then triggered another voidout after enough time had passed at which I got depressed and went to bed. This was what I believe to be my third triggered voidout, maybe second I don't quite remember. I left the game for a day or two and when I came back and booted up my most recent save I no longer got the call from deadman. I was in a different map from when I got called about it originally. I lost around thirty minutes of progress. I don't believe its because you have killed someone, because you receive different alerts for each event. I believe it is either a randomly assigned mission that is either broken, or when you rest in a private room the body can fall off the map; or the game has accidentally given us a mission that it is not ready for us to complete for whatever reason. I still don't know exactly how it was fixed but I have played around 8 real life hours since then and I am currently able to play without experiencing a voidout. I don't intend to check how it may have been fixed since I may just be lucky and I don't want to break my game again.

 

TL;DR: I suggest going to a different map from deadmans call, causing a voidout in the different map then loading the most recent save from the different map and seeing what happens. Still unsure if that was it or not. Read above if you want to do what I did step for step, though I don't know how much it will help. Sorry if it doesn't help.

 

Try not enter in too much combat with the same MULEs, like give them a rest after a combat, and do not run over ot hit them with vehicles. Btw every time you got a message do not waste time, reload your last save game, or take a look around you.

 

In second area there's a lot of ravines, a thing that can happen is, once you have discovered by MULEs, they will try to go towards you , in the jump theres a chance of them fall off into a ravine and eventually die, which sucks because you won't even notive it.

 

Avoid knockthem out in water areas, like rivers or any sort of water, they can drown and die a time before you leave the area.

 

Hope it helps you.

 

SPOILER FROM CHAPTER 3 AND EQUIPMENT (Just 1 area, small spoiler)

Spoiler

For better your gameplay complete the timefall farm area, it will unlock you a body scan, which helps you to find all sort of bodies, knocked out, alive, etc...

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.