This series should get rebooted.

EdwardTheMartyr

IIRC, Resistance Fall of Man and Resistance 3 are actually fairly similar in style the way a short series should be.

Resistance (series) remaster/remake/re-imagining would be fantastic. Resistance 2 in particular is my favorite, so I'd love a remaster of that with online restored, because that coop was endlessly addictive and fun.

This is up there with the Crysis trilogy and Dead Space trilogy for me. All trilogies I love and want remade.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, savageamusement said:

Resistance 3 is one of my favourite PS3 games, still gets a spin quite often (I think i'll replay it after I finish Tomb Raider definitive edition again on PS4)

I love the gameplay, but hate the story. It ends by having one man single handedly save the world. Makes no sense.

4 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

IIRC, Resistance Fall of Man and Resistance 3 are actually fairly similar in style the way a short series should be.

Resistance remaster/remake/re-imagining would be fantastic. Resistance 2 in particular is my favorite, so I'd love a remaster of that with online restored, because that coop was endlessly addictive and fun.

This is up there with the Crysis trilogy and Dead Space trilogy for me. All trilogies I love and want remade.

7th gen had a lot of good trilogies. 8th gen isn't as good imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PSXtreme_ said:

If you people would stop trading in old gaming systems and their games, you wouldn't have to keep rebuying the same games over and over again for the new systems...

I don't get this.  Aren't usually remasters for players who didn't have the previous generation or for those who never played the game? Though I do get some companies like to overdue it.

Resistance I feel like doesn't really need a reboot. It just needs luck, I might be remembering it wrong but didn't it always change its game play and ultimately failed because it was always going against some serious competition? 

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I don't get this.  Aren't usually remasters for players who didn't have the previous generation or for those who never played the game?

For me, it's so I can enjoy old favorites on newer hardware.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

A PS5 reboot beginning in Russia would be really cool. Then the story could progress as the Chimera progressively took over more of the Earth. A campaign in Germany, China, and Australia would be awesome. Now that Insomniac is owned by Sony, I don't see why they couldn't do it.

^^^ THIS!

It doesn't even need a reboot, just from a different persons perspective would be great! Loved the series!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

I don't get this.  Aren't usually remasters for players who didn't have the previous generation or for those who never played the game? Though I do get some companies like to overdue it.

Resistance I feel like doesn't really need a reboot. It just needs luck, I might be remembering it wrong but didn't it always change its game play and ultimately failed because it was always going against some serious competition? 

It failed because Resistance 3 came out in the same quarter as Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3, which both sold millions on PS3. Having no main game between 2008 and 2011 doomed the franchise as millions of people bought a PS3 during those years.

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

For me, it's so I can enjoy old favorites on newer hardware.

I buy remasters for 3 reasons:

1. The original ran like crap.

2. I wanna get the online trophies which are no longer obtainable.

3. I never played them before.

12 minutes ago, EdwardTheMartyr said:

It failed because Resistance 3 came out in the same quarter as Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3, which both sold millions on PS3. Having no main game between 2008 and 2011 doomed the franchise as millions of people bought a PS3 during those years.

I don't really remember, since I was a teenager at the time and didn't really play it as soon as it came out.

I buy remasters for the same reason, except for thing for trophies.
I also buy a remaster if I played it as a kid, since as a kid I feel like I didn't really appreciate the game or if it adds new content.

Edited by BestUsername----

• 2 years later...
On 17.11.2019 at 7:28 AM, EdwardTheMartyr said:

Remastered versions dont have online trophies, example look remastered crisis 2&3, Online Trophies removed. 

• Like 1

Just remaster the series for 4K + VR and it's fine. I like the games but the other big projects from Insomniac like Spidey, Sunset Overdrive and Ratchet & Clank are more fun in my book. They're better at creating playful games than dark and gritty shooters. A new Resistance would come at the expense of something better.

8 hours ago, Wolf_Town_Spider said:

Wait what the Resistance trilogy is getting a remaster?

Trilogy remaster isn't confirmed, but Insomniac is definitely working on the next Resistance game.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Trilogy remaster isn't confirmed, but Insomniac is definitely working on the next Reistance game.

Any chance you can post the source? I did hear rumors around the Interwebs that there was a possibility of a Trilogy Remaster, but no concrete evidence.