archangel9978

Ps4 change over

12 posts in this topic

Ok so i just got the death stranding ps4 pro and i want to move everything from my launch ps4 including an external 4tb hdd but i have no clue on any of it, like can i just plug ext hdd into new ps4? It was set as my default install on orig ps4. Or do i have to redownload all the games etc? Any help would be great

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you asking? How to transfer a downloaded game onto your hard drive? Or if you can move your hard drive to a new ps4?

Make sure to properly disconnect the External Hard Drive on the old PS4 until it says safe to remove.
And then all you have to do is plug the hard drive into the new PS4Pro.
No need to download anything or reformat.

Though if you have something both downloaded on the hard drive and the PS4Pro, it will force you to delete any shared applications between the two.

Edited by BestUsername----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would need to do a data transfer from your old PS4 to your new one, or back everything up to your external HDD.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had to perform this very same thing when I upgraded to the DS PS4 Pro. I watched this guide: 

 

I however had an issue where everything transferred to the new Pro with new HDD, but I was unable to play the games since somehow they were locked to the old HDD. My suggestion is when you get the option to transfer, select everything except for the games themselves. Then re-install and update what you will be playing.

 

I can't remember if it was on the video or in the comments, but I ended up using the option where both PS4s are connected to WIFI and used an ethernet patch chord to transfer the data. Hopefully this helps.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwistedHunter said:

I just had to perform this very same thing when I upgraded to the DS PS4 Pro. I watched this guide: 

Did you sign in to your account on the new ps4 and activating it as primary ps4. While also deactivating your account on the old ps4? Cause that's what happened to me and that's what I did to fix locked games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The instructions i followed had me keeping the original PS4 as my active device. In the process of the setup for the Pro, I got an option to deactivate the old PS4 and activate the Pro as my main. Either way all games were locked out. I tried a few things, including renewing licenses, plugging in the old HDD (safely) but nothing worked. I had to delete all games and reinstall what I wanted to play. It worked out for me, my XMB was cluttered with downloaded games I hadn't played. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BestUsername---- said:

What are you asking? How to transfer a downloaded game onto your hard drive? Or if you can move your hard drive to a new ps4?

Make sure to properly disconnect the External Hard Drive on the old PS4 until it says safe to remove.
And then all you have to do is plug the hard drive into the new PS4Pro.
No need to download anything or reformat.

Though if you have something both downloaded on the hard drive and the PS4Pro, it will force you to delete any shared applications between the two.

Ok i havent even opened the pro yet what i want is to unhook ext hdd from old plug into new n be able to play all the games on it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, archangel9978 said:

Ok i havent even opened the pro yet what i want is to unhook ext hdd from old plug into new n be able to play all the games on it

Yeah ok, do you know how to safely remove the external hdd? Don't just unplug it.

After you safely unplug it.
Go into your account and deactivate it as your primary ps4.
You're done with your old ps4

Set up the new PS4Pro, you know, the long process of signing in and all that and make sure it's set as primary PS4
Make sure you're connected to the internet.
Plug in your HDD into the PS4Pro and set it as primary install if that's what you want.
If it's not reading, you may need to find it in the Device settings.
It may take a while buy your games will start to show up, there might be a little symbol next to the games PLAY button. But that's normal until it fully reads the HDD.
 

Edited by BestUsername----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so i turn old ps4 off, not stby to safely unplug hdd then just setup pro n plug in hdd after?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, archangel9978 said:

Ok so i turn old ps4 off, not stby to safely unplug hdd then just setup pro n plug in hdd after?

No, you have to turn it on. And then go into the device settings, and I believe you press options or there's a setting that says something along the lines of, Stop Using this Extended Storage.

BTW, you may need PSPlus or another hard drive. Since save games and certain aspect of games don't save onto the external hard drive.

Edited by BestUsername----
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BestUsername---- said:

No, you have to turn it on. And then go into the device settings, and I believe you press options or there's a setting that says something along the lines of, Stop Using this Extended Storage.

Ok i think i got it...if i have problems I'll reply here tyvm

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.