Is this game known for freezing?

det_gittes

I just started playing last night and the game froze just when I killed the wolves in the tutorial mission. The music kept playing but nothing else worked and I had to close the application (I was playing on PS4 Pro). My question is if this is something to be expected in this game or just an extremely rare incident (and maybe a hint that I should rebuild the database)?

37 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I just started playing last night and the game froze just when I killed the wolves in the tutorial mission. The music kept playing but nothing else worked and I had to close the application (I was playing on PS4 Pro). My question is if this is something to be expected in this game or just an extremely rare incident (and maybe a hint that I should rebuild the database)?

I've played 200+ hours (also on the Pro) without as much as a single glitch or hiccup so this doesn't sound normal and it definitely isn't something to be expected. I've not actually heard anyone else having issues so I'm not sure what could be causing this problem for you mate. If you have tried everything else and still have issues then reinstalling the game might help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I've played 200+ hours (also on the Pro) without as much as a single glitch or hiccup so this doesn't sound normal and it definitely isn't something to be expected. I've not actually heard anyone else having issues so I'm not sure what could be causing this problem for you mate. If you have tried everything else and still have issues then reinstalling the game might help.

Well, I don't know if I actually have a problem or if it was just a one-time thing, I will probably re-do the mission tonight and see what happens, if the problem returns, then I will re-install the game (it's only a 109GB download, haha).

• Like 1

I don't even have a Pro... I have a vanilla PS4 from 2013, and never experienced any freezing or lagging with RDR2... ? Did you already replay the mission? How full is your HD?

(I would love to delete the game from my HD, but because it's such a huge file to re-download and I expect DLC with trophies to drop sooner or later, I just can't delete it.. ?)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I don't even have a Pro... I have a vanilla PS4 from 2013, and never experienced any freezing or lagging with RDR2... 1f610.png Did you already replay the mission? How full is your HD?

(I would love to delete the game from my HD, but because it's such a huge file to re-download and I expect DLC with trophies to drop sooner or later, I just can't delete it.. 1f602.png)

I replayed the tutorial mission last night without any hiccups so maybe it was an isolated incident (but it was unusual in that when I forced the application to close, it took slightly longer than usual and an error message popped up, after which the application was finally closed and I could restart it). As for my HD, I think I have about 100GB free, so the lack of space is probably not a problem, but who knows :D.