most satisfying platinums

rus678

Fallout 4 for me. Not so much for the platinum, but the entire 100%. I popped "Power Play" from the Nuka-World DLC last so my final trophy popped as I enjoyed a fireworks show, couldn't have planned that any better if I'd tried. By some miracle I also managed to 100% the game using the same save file with which I started. My game was crumbling by the time it reached 300 hours, essential items glitching below the map and having to glitch myself through the ground to retrieve them, cars flying around, dead enemies not being dead, the oil texture that usually lies on the ground rising vertically and erupting right in my face, the screen on my pipboy and terminals distorting. I felt like finishing the game with my first save was the biggest achievement of all :lol: 

Special mentions. AC Odyssey after finally being able to put it down after seven months. The Ezio trilogy back to back...to back. Dark Souls Remastered after finally "getting gid". No Man's Sky 100% when I could finally stop screaming "AGHHHHHH" after I reached the centre in permadeath mode (I didn't use the taxi and made the journey myself). Tony Hawk's Pro Skater because it reminded me of being 14 again, then immediately made me remember I'm old and have shit reflexes these days, it felt good beating a game aimed at teens. The Talos Principle for that constant "ah, AH! I'm so smart!" feeling when the reality is I just moved stuff around until something worked, but it felt good at the time. I looked up some of my solutions and compared them to a guide and realized I'd gotten through a lot of the game by almost completely breaking levels. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 4

I'll say my top 3 and the reasons for them!

1. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: This is genuinely the most satisfying platinum I own. I ended up finishing the platinum (and the online portion) 4 years after the game came out. So when I accidentally stumbled into an 8-player lobby and soon after, finally fought a 1st rank player, I was through the moon with excitement. I also made it trophy #3333 so that was fun lol

2. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: The Call of Duty I spent the most time with and the first time I genuinely felt like I could beat the hardest difficulty mode in a game (Veteran was tough but fun). The Spec Ops missions were brutal at first but once I got the hang of them, it felt great to finish

3. Infamous Second Son: Literally just because it was my first PS4 platinum and I did it within a week of getting my PS4. Good times.

• Like 2

Furi - Played this game constantly over a week's duration. Had my ass kicked on Furi and Furier difficulty, utilized the USB save trick to get S ranks on both difficulties.

For what it's worth, this is an excellent indie title that will challenge you. Not exactly extremely difficult, but definitely a worthwhile game to have on your profile and on your cabinet.

Velocity 2X - A mixture of 2-D platformer style and shmup.

Had lots of fun with this game, got the 100 percent in just over three days. The DLC was more difficult than the base game, with the Dual Core pack forcing me to use a Vita to download the Vita version of the game in order to utilize touch teleport.

• Like 2

Flame Over

1Sb72ca3.png

I Am the God of Hellfire

This one was so very satisfying for me! Basically required doing a full perfect run of the game, without letting any person or cat die. All this while still completing every side mission on the same go. The tricky part really was that the game was totally RNG with how the levels were laid out, so this was no easy task! No doubt my most proud one to this day. 

• Like 3

My top three picks are:

Skyrim on PS4 only because I platted the game according to the site 5 days, 16 hours, and 52 minutes. Though I didn't work on the DLCs in full due to me getting burnt out.

We Happy Few. The plat was real enjoyable to get but with the collectables being buggy and the ones that only appear on the T.V. made it real tedious. Though with all of that and the constant crashes, I really enjoyed the game. 

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School. Honestly I didn't find this game too terrible to platunim, cause for the ending collection from difficulty Easy-Hard (Hell if you use cloud storage and/or flash drive) you can save before getting said endings to shorten down how many playthoughs you need for the ending collection which is 50 playthoughs down to 20. But I really enjoyed the game that it wasn't that much of a chore for me.

Mentions:

The Sims 4 due to RNG for the Triple Play trophy and Red Faction due to Impossible difficulty towards the end and four playthoughs is needed but same as White Day, I enjoyed the game that it wasn't a chore.

• Like 4

Let's see, Rock Band 3 as you need all instruments, normal and pro, to get all trophies but I could do it because of some friends of mine lent me their pro instruments! 

Rock band The Beatles as this was a true challenge because of all the variations of each trophy, I really enjoyed this one. 

Destiny as I did the no death in a raid by myself without any help. Crota's raid solo and practising for 3 days.

And for last, Resistance 2. The 10000 kills trophy was insane but really funny as it was a good multiplayer. 

• Like 3

My most satisfying was probably Grand Kingdom, it was a fun game but i just wanted to make sure i got it done by the time of server closure. Too much RNG though, luckily i was blessed and didn't have too much bad luck with the rng.

Second is probably tlou, it was a fun game and doing the final playthrough on grounded was one of the most difficult game experiences i've had tbh, and was so satisfying when i finished and popped all those collectible and difficulty trophies, and i'll probably stack the remaster soon

• Like 2

Black Ops II, very grindy, multiple playthroughs, and very good. I enjoyed almost every second playing this game. Except destroying all the Hunter Killer drones on that roof. That was maddening. It was my last challenge before getting the Plat. Took about 50 attempts, but it was in the middle of the level. This time tho, Treyarch got rid of the "Restart Checkpoint" option in BOII. So it was maddening getting the challenges. 98% of them were easy AF to get. The "Hard" ones weren't really "hard". It's just that re-attempting them took forever because the checkpoints activated after like every 3 minutes.

GTA San Andreas is my favorite game of all time. It was very satisfying having it in my collection. I'm going to Platinum it again on the PS3 version if I can find a physical copy. I don't wanna buy the digital version, that'd be a last resort if I can't find a physical copy soon.

I had the Number 1 ranking for the Killing Floor 2 100% for about 2 maybe 3 days, but I got all the DLC trophies before getting the Level 25 trophy, which was my last trophy before the Plat. So you can infer from that, that that was also a likely top 25 Platinum time, maybe even top 15 at one point. I had tons of fun with KF2.

• Like 3

Mine is Battlefield 3 since I wasn't boosting back in the days when I played it god mode like with around 100kills and sub 5 death on any conquest map or 4 K/D on Close Quarter Maps. Bullseye gave me trouble for some reason since noobs only played that game till a guy got me into trophy hunting who needed a partner for that trophy too @mikemoss89 . Thats why this one is the most satisfying platinum for me.

If we go for hardest platinum then defiantly Shadow Warrior but its more finishing level 15 or 16? than beating the game. So when I got the platinum it was more like mhhh... yea I guess? Beating the level before that one on the other hand after ding over and over again was statysifing.

• Like 2

Nuclear throne because the skeleton trophy, i was playing non stop for like a week getttin my ass kicked till i finally did it

Fortnite: It was a pain to plat because all the grindy trophys took me like a year playing every day

Slay the spire: This isn't hard but it became my favourite gamei even bought it again on steam just to play on the beta branch

Nex machina: Loved this game even the arquitect give me nightmares lol

• Like 3

Mines got to be the Uncharted series as a whole. Crushing difficulty was pretty damn crushing at times, but very very fun.

I'd also have to say Monster Hunter World because of how much time and effort I had to put into getting it, my first my game  ever and it gripped me so damn tight and didn't let go, still working on getting Iceborne but need a break since crown farming is bad without events.

• Like 3