GonzoWARgasm

Safeguarding your PSN Profile

10 posts in this topic

I've just spent three years of vanity in building my PSNP profile and enjoying this console generation's evolution while playing through a tonne of great titles. Ever since a friend began unlocking trophies on my account years ago I've been paranoid that my account could be hacked, or my consoles being stolen etc. Anyone else worry about that at all?

For example, if I get burgled and my consoles are stolen, my account is unlikely to mean anything to the thief, but it means more to me now than the physical copies of the games that I've collected over the years.

The point of this thread is to ask what methods you have taken to safeguard your accounts from cybertheft or physical theft? 

For physical theft, make sure you have homeowners or renters insurance and records of everything you own. 

For digital theft, have 2FA set up and change your passwords if anything ever gets stolen

Enable two step verification on your profile and that'll make it quite secure.

Additionally you can set device passcodes on PS4 and Vita which will make it so no one should be able to access your accounts even if your devices are stolen.

..And for the PS3 the best you can do is disable the device password (requires two step) if your device ever gets stolen. Don't think there's a passcode option though.

you can deactivate all your consoles on sony's sites if they were ever to get stolen, then u just change your passwords. 2 step verification is a good idea but only really works for ps4, u get given 1 random password each for other consoles.

Edited by Leenewbe

Physical theft - Lock the house up and such. I also have a big half dingo dog that someone would have to be mental to cross.

Cyber theft - It seems I could definitely up the security there.

Honestly don't think about it all that much.

Note down your PS4's serial no. If it's ever stolen, Sony can use that information track the hardware (via I.P) in conjunction with the police, even if your PSN is not logged in.

Edited by Eraezr

24 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Tell me your login credentials and I will safeguard it for you.

just kidding of course, that was merely a test!

Unless....

On 11/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Unless....

What?