I suck in online trophies and PvP so bad, doable anyway?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

I was wondering if all the online trophies can be done considering my huge lack of skills in online trophies and PvP. I mean, I love grinding but if it can be done only by killing other enemy players (to reach LVL 50) I guess I would leave it.

Is there any other activity to farm exp? Is there any other trophy I should be worried about? 

10 minutes ago, MATT_THE_FLY said:

Three words - Thieves landing massacre 

This a million times. Gosh knows how many times I reset my combat challenges! Poor bastards :lol:

However to op, you might want to get good a little at certain objective based games to get the MVP trophy. I don't know how the game calculates it but it seems that it values going after objectives more than kills and so you can still be the MVP even if you didn't get the most kills and even if you were on the losing team! 

Do the jobs. The Collector and Trader will earn you tons of xp along with money. I went from rank 63 to 84 in a few days just by doing those.

Also the fishing challenges are good ways of earning xp.

You need to watch out for the MVP trophy. Think you can choose to just play the Takeover series which has the easiest ones to win MVP in. That's how I got the trophy done.

There are tons of other activities you can do in Red Dead Online that don't include PvP, luckily. 

You might wanna try to give the PvP shooting sessions a chance, since there's also a team deathmatch mode which can be fun at times, but aside from that, you have three main activities, Trading (hunting animals and selling the pelts), Bounty Hunting and Collector. These are roles in which you can gain experience, they were patched in not too long ago. Keep in mind, I've done most of my experience past level 25 just grinding these three activities. 

Granted, if you play with a friend you'd make more XP much faster, as for Bounty Hunter for example, the hardest bounties require to be done with other people. 

So in the end, I don't think it's impossible for someone lacking PvP skills to get the online trophies, since you could avoid interaction with other players almost entirely, it's just very grindy. 

Edited by Hush_wu

red dead online is horrible i spent days on that stupid balcony killing cops for xp. dont know if thats patched. that wasnt the hardest though, the stupid friggen races drove me insane. i was awful at them but you just have to keep playing until there is more awful players then yourself playing them. and farming money was a issue going to that stupid house back and forth. i havent played since last dece though so i dont know whats changed. at the end of the year playstation sent me some graph on longest games i played and it said i put 400+ hours into rd2. i think it was like 2 months straight. exhausting. so its doable, the plat completion is actually kinda high now compared to before

Getting collectibles is by far the fastest $ and xp. You technically don't even have to shoot your gun to do it. You can go from 1 to 50 in 3 days after you unlock the collector profession, and get more than enough money for everything.

Getting 3 PvP wins also isn't bad. Just wait till you have some excess $, buy a good horse / saddle / stirrups / horse stamina tonics, then just run races. Eventually you'll get into a lobby with people less prepared.

• Like 2

I never play shooters, and still I managed to get all online trophies without any issues. Getting 3x MVP wasn't that bad (dunno how it is these days, though), and I grinded for lv. 50 with a mixture of Events (best XP gain, but rare), PvP and melee-murdering guard-NPCs in Braithwaite Manor ?

Grinding levels sounds much easier with the new updates anyways, so the only skill-involved online trophy is getting MVP, but with all the game modes available I'd still say that's a very doable trophy.