Deleting bikes DLC

ASSASS1NPL

Hi, I borrowed PS4 from my brother for a few months, created new account and I want to do 100% in few PS4 games (Horizon, TLOU, GOW, and DC). Just finished Horizon (amazing game). I wanted to start Driveclub but there is bikes DLC installed so I can't skip the first race and don't pop the trophy (he didn't buy dlcs for driveclub bikes so I can't make 100% in it). Is there any way to get rid of this dlc?

might be a way to do the fresh install and having the option to check off which DLC's you want on it. 

though i wouldn't keep hopes up i am not 100% honest about this. this worked for another game so i'm basing it on another experience.

Fact that there is no option to delete dlc on ps4 is ridiculous. I did some reasearch and this looks similar to deleting call of duty's dlc. I just need external hdd to kinda trick the console that this game was never installed on internal drive (RIDICULOUS!). Will see in a few days.

2 hours ago, ASSASS1NPL said:

Fact that there is no option to delete dlc on ps4 is ridiculous. I did some reasearch and this looks similar to deleting call of duty's dlc. I just need external hdd to kinda trick the console that this game was never installed on internal drive (RIDICULOUS!). Will see in a few days.

What is this external HDD trick?

12 hours ago, ASSASS1NPL said:

Again, you can't delete anything if it's not installed. You don't download all those DLCs. They already appear as "installed" but they're just license keys/unlocks tied to your account. The trick, whatever you're talking about, will never ever work in this case.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Lance_87 is right, there is no way to delete any DriveClubs DLC but I still manage to skip the bike race. What u need is physical copy of the game and the profile which contain the dlcs can't be the one you'll be playing on. Then u need to deactivate the account which have the dlcs, logout, log in on account u want to play, finish the car race and after that u can activate the account with the dlcs and you won't be forced to play the bike race after starting the game.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ASSASS1NPL said:

Lance_87 is right, there is no way to delete any DriveClubs DLC but I still manage to skip the bike race. What u need is physical copy of the game and the profile which contain the dlcs can't be the one you'll be playing on. Then u need to deactivate the account which have the dlcs, logout, log in on account u want to play, finish the car race and after that u can activate the account with the dlcs and you won't be forced to play the bike race after starting the game.

Are you saying that if you delete the digital version and then use the disc version, then the DLCs will still be active in the game? What if you don't download the patch for the disc verison? That would have to work, right?

Good to know it doesn't make you do the bike race again as part of some "welcome to Driveclub Bikes" thing when you later play with the DLC installed. This whole thing is so annoying. Why would these devs even decide that just owning a DLC should force you to have a different first experience with the game. It's stupid.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

On 22.11.2019 at 11:44 PM, mekktor said:

Are you saying that if you delete the digital version and then use the disc version, then the DLCs will still be active in the game? What if you don't download the patch for the disc verison? That would have to work, right?

Good to know it doesn't make you do the bike race again as part of some "welcome to Driveclub Bikes" thing when you later play with the DLC installed. This whole thing is so annoying. Why would these devs even decide that just owning a DLC should force you to have a different first experience with the game. It's stupid.

So you have to buy the disc version, play a car tutorial race, then find someone who owns all the car dlcs in order to play them? (they are delisted right?)

Edited by servus99

On 1/2/2020 at 9:27 PM, EdwardTheMartyr said:

It's idiotic how you cannot enter the main menu until you do the first race. Dumb developers trying to be 'unique'.

They weren't unique though. Sky Force Anniversary, a vertical shmup, took the same approach lmao.

On 27/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, servus99 said:

So you have to buy the disc version, play a car tutorial race, then find someone who owns all the car dlcs in order to play them? (they are delisted right?)

Well, yes...

Edited by Lance_87