Shenmue 3 Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

27 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Spend 100 hours waiting trophy? 

I was looking through the trophy list and saw this one lol. No interest in the game anyways, but this is a really weird trophy if it means 100 legit hours. If there's a day/night cycle that passes like every 30 minutes of our time maybe it won't be so bad for people.

If you have to leave your system on for a little over 4 days straight for this trophy that would kinda just...suck. Especially if standing there waiting is the only thing to do lol.

14 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I was looking through the trophy list and saw this one lol. No interest in the game anyways, but this is a really weird trophy if it means 100 legit hours. If there's a day/night cycle that passes like every 30 minutes of our time maybe it won't be so bad for people.

If you have to leave your system on for a little over 4 days straight for this trophy that would kinda just...suck. Especially if standing there waiting is the only thing to do lol.

It says wait over 100 hours making the Chawan sign.

The Chawan sign in Shenmue 2 is a timelapse effect where you wait for someone to make contact with you after making the sign. So if it's counting in-game hours then it probably won't be too bad. Making the Chawan Sign in II usually skips like 3 in-game hours in like 30 seconds. Just depends on how it works in SIII.

But yeah, this doesn't sound too bad if its the same.

Edited by danmann861

I'd laugh if backers don't get any of the DLC packs. Well, I won't, but you know what I mean.

If there are 3 DLC packs at launch, I wonder if these are already installed on the disc, if not then well, there's going to be some angry backers.

Kind of makes the exclusive boxed edition on Kickstarter a bit pointless at this stage. I guess then again, 2015 when this game was made, it was a different time.

Edited by enaysoft

5 minutes ago, danmann861 said:

It says wait over 100 hours making the Chawan sign.

The Chawan sign in Shenmue 2 is a timelapse effect where you wait for someone to make contact with you. So if its counting in-game hours then it probably won't be to bad. Making the Chawan Sign in II usually skips like 3 in games hours. Just depends on how it works in SIII.

But yeah, this doesn't sound too bad if its the same.

Do you have to make them to wait for them? Because the trophy description says to just spend over 100 hours waiting for the signs.

Hopefully it isn't too bad for people because the way it's worded makes it seem really odd.

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Do you have to make them to wait for them? Because the trophy description says to just spend over 100 hours waiting for the signs.

Hopefully it isn't too bad for people because the way it's worded makes it seem really odd.

In II, you basically just sit down at a table with 4 mugs. Make the sign. Hit "wait" and time speeds up and skips 2 to 3 hours in game time waiting for someone to make contact. (depending on where you are)

Not sure how it works in SIII, but if it's the same as that then it literally sounds to me you would have to make the sign like 30 times to get the trophy.

I assume the 100 hours refers to in game hours and not real world hours. In game hours is usually 50 minutes per 24 hours (about 2 or 3 minutes per hour) as per the old games...so if its in-game hours then it would mean "make the Chawan sign 30 times" or so.

I can't imagine it's 100 real world hours.

So I'm guessing realistically it's Make the Chawan sign 30 times (give or take) and get the trophy, Which is really not that hard to do.

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, danmann861 said:

In II, you basically just sit down at a table with 4 mugs. Make the sign. Hit "wait" and time speeds up and skips 2 to 3 hours in game time waiting for someone to make contact. (depending on where you are)

Not sure how it works in SIII, but if it's the same as that then it literally sounds to me you would have to make the sign like 30 times to get the trophy.

I assume the 100 hours refers to in game hours and not real world hours. In game hours is usually 50 minutes per 24 hours (about 2 or 3 minutes per hour) as per the old games...so if its in-game hours then it would mean "make the Chawan sign 30 times" or so.

I can't imagine it's 100 real world hours.

So I'm guessing realistically it's Make the Chawan sign 30 times (give or take) and get the trophy, Which is really not that hard to do.

If there is a time limit to the story like the other games then 100 real hours would be pretty much impossible since the story would surely reach the game over before you could even get to 50. So it probably will be something like using the sign a certain amount of times. So I guess the trophy will depend on how soon you can do that so you don't risk getting the game over screen because you reach a certain date assuming it's there.

7 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

If there is a time limit to the story like the other games then 100 real hours would be pretty much impossible since the story would surely reach the game over before you could even get to 50. So it probably will be something like using the sign a certain amount of times. So I guess the trophy will depend on how soon you can do that so you don't risk getting the game over screen because you reach a certain date assuming it's there.

By the way, it's a DLC trophy...so it's not key to the base game...I'm curious to see how it works.

Overall, the trophy roster looks a fair bit more grindy than the HD remasters were. Catch 1000 fish might be the worst of it depending on the fishing game. I will go for the Platinum though. :D Been waiting near 18 years for this.

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, danmann861 said:

By the way, it's a DLC trophy...so it's not key to the base game...I'm curious to see how it works.

Overall, the trophy roster looks a fair bit more grindy than the HD remasters were. I will go for the Platinum though. :D Been waiting near 18 years for this.

I would assume the DLC still takes place in the main game, but yeah I guess you wouldn't be obligated to go for it if you want just the Platinum. Either way, I don't see it being 100 real hours since that would be ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

I would assume the DLC still takes place in the main game, but yeah I guess you wouldn't be obligated to go for it if you want just the Platinum. Either way, I don't see it being 100 real hours since that would be ridiculous.

No, neither do I. That sounds more like 100 in game hours. You technically couldn't make the Chawan sign for 100 real life hours.

Totally gonna go for 100% on this though :D 

45 minutes ago, Remstahh said:

Been playing this for the last 2 days, some of the trophies that seem grindy e.g. Cutting 1000 logs wasnt bad at all, took me 30minutes. However trophies such as fishing 1000 fish..now thats gonna be a bummer.

Something that would be turboable at all? Or would it be a considerable amount of time actively fishing just because. 

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

I think we can all agree, the waiting "gameplay" is stupid idea for a trophy. The game is literally making you waste your time.

Well considering the first game (the only Shenmue I've played) was all about waiting and wasting your time, it's oddly appropriate. 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I'd laugh if backers don't get any of the DLC packs. Well, I won't, but you know what I mean.

If there are 3 DLC packs at launch, I wonder if these are already installed on the disc, if not then well, there's going to be some angry backers.

Kind of makes the exclusive boxed edition on Kickstarter a bit pointless at this stage. I guess then again, 2015 when this game was made, it was a different time.

I backed it. I'm not getting shit but the game. I'm not even getting the pre-order bonus that GameStop has. 

Backing this game made the dream come alive but then after Deep Silver became publisher it seems like they decided to be jerks to us. 

27 minutes ago, Teh_Paralyzer said:

I backed it. I'm not getting shit but the game. I'm not even getting the pre-order bonus that GameStop has. 

Backing this game made the dream come alive but then after Deep Silver became publisher it seems like they decided to be jerks to us. 

I'm on the regular backing as well, and shipping to Japan, well that's (by their e-mail) delayed indefinitely. I quite literally would have been better off not backing the game and buying the game off the store. I mean, I can't even preorder and download the game since I don't have my code yet. It's such a mess.