Shenmue 3 Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

Angler Extraordinaire
Caught 1,000 fish

This one is stupid, doubt there will be a magical rod that can catch more than 1 fish at a time, I mean what game has that. Fishing takes ages in games and we have to fish 1000 times, well hopefully it's a quick process, not like Link's Awakening lol

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Angler Extraordinaire
Caught 1,000 fish

This one is stupid, doubt there will be a magical rod that can catch more than 1 fish at a time, I mean what game has that. Fishing takes ages in games and we have to fish 1000 times, well hopefully it's a quick process, not like Link's Awakening lol

It'll definitely take a while.

19 minutes ago, chalky83 said:

Anyone got any ideas if there are any missable trophies?

The sub stories one is at least. I left the first area without doing them all and I'm not seeing a way back there. 

The game warns you when you're about to leave. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwiceOnSundays said:

It'll definitely take a while.

The sub stories one is at least. I left the first area without doing them all and I'm not seeing a way back there. 

The game warns you when you're about to leave. 

What the F, thats about 90 seconds for 1 fish if no better way is found thats 1500 minutes worth of fishing.

This is a joke surely, we have to be missing something, gotta be a better way than that

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I'm playing and enjoying Shenmue 2 atm. Already preordered 3 (physical import) a few weeks ago, should take like a month to arrive.

I'm really disappointed with the day 1 DLC though, does anyone know the price for the DLC pass? I couldn't find it in the PS store.

£11.99 over here. 

Release day and the trophies are not even showing for me, how odd. 

14 hours ago, mckbros said:

Never did play it, nor I have interest in it, but how is the actual game so far?

It's good.... Like really good .... Tho some of it's newer quirks seem to be hurting it. Not being able to run forever like 1&2 seems to be an issue. 

However, if you aren't into Shenmue and you never played 1&2 then this game probably won't be for you. 

It's a very slow pace. You're expected (at least first playthrough) to dump 100s of hours into exploration. 

The first game has decent length blind but once you know what you're doing gametime drastically reduces. I have a feeling this game will be as well. 

Not saying Shenmue 3 is only for the fans but it's a lot slower gameplay than say the Yakuza Series. This game tries to encourage you to talk to every NPC and squeeze out every little detail. 

I've just finished the story after getting the game on Saturday. For people wondering about missables / going back to an area - You will get a warning message when you are about to leave an area, and you can back out. When you complete the game it also gives you the option to go back to Bailu or Niaowu. This puts you back to the start of the story in that location. The message states you carry over items, money, tokens, skill books, skill levels, wooden dummy practice levels & kung fu level.

One thing to watch out for is 'failing' a sidequest if you talk to the person before you've met the conditions. I was pressing square everytime I saw one pop up, but one time I did it and Ryo told them he didn't manage to get what they wanted. I then went and got the item but it wouldn't do the square prompt again to give them it.

For people mentioning 'day 1 dlc' - it's not actually out yet and doesn't even have a release date to my knowledge (I have been avoiding Shenmue news so may have missed something, but I do have the season pass and there's no DLC for me to download yet). It's also been known for a while that backers weren't getting the DLC, it's extra content that wasn't referenced at all during the campaign & the hope is they make enough from Shenmue 3 to fund a Shenmue 4, so not sure where this expectation that they give everything away to backers comes from?

Edited by StacFace92
Confirmed what post-game is.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

I've just finished the story after getting the game on Saturday. For people wondering about missables, there was a message after the credits saying you could visit both Bailu and Niaowu post-game, so looks like it should be ok in that sense.

That would be great, but rushing through the Game is not how the Game should be played. This Game and the Setting is great, i just walk and watch and can't stop. Is there a Game Over like in Shenmue, do I have to hurry? Bailu looks so great and i play Minigames all day. Please say, there is no Time Limit.

Edited by Sikutai

1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

That would be great, but Rushing through the Game is not how the Game should be played. This Game and the Setting is great, i just walk and watch and can't stop. Is there a Game Over like in Shenmue, do I have to hurry?

I completely agree with not rushing it. I should probably point out I got the game Saturday lunchtime and I had the week booked off work, so it's been almost 50 hours of gameplay for me to actually complete the story, taking everything in along the way.

I have no idea (yet) if there is a game over for taking too long, but I got to mid-May so it's definitely after then if there is. Trying to find that out will definitely be one of my things to do.

(Also, I've now actually gone to load my completed game and found that it's not actually free roam, but putting you back at the start of the story in that location with items carried over. I'll edit the post above.)

27 minutes ago, Jaxelrod said:

Are there time limits on the game? Like, if I want to waste my days training or gambling, am I going to be penalized for it?

I remember in Shenmue 2, there was a time limit on training with Xiuying.

You're safe until at least mid-May (how far I got). Both of the previous games had warning scenes and a notebook entry about a month before the bad ending so I wouldn't worry about running out of time. If you do get one of those warnings, there should still be plenty of time to finish the story.

7 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

I've just finished the story after getting the game on Saturday. For people wondering about missables / going back to an area - You will get a warning message when you are about to leave an area, and you can back out. When you complete the game it also gives you the option to go back to Bailu or Niaowu. This puts you back to the start of the story in that location. The message states you carry over items, money, tokens, skill books, skill levels, wooden dummy practice levels & kung fu level.

One thing to watch out for is 'failing' a sidequest if you talk to the person before you've met the conditions. I was pressing square everytime I saw one pop up, but one time I did it and Ryo told them he didn't manage to get what they wanted. I then went and got the item but it wouldn't do the square prompt again to give them it.

For people mentioning 'day 1 dlc' - it's not actually out yet and doesn't even have a release date to my knowledge (I have been avoiding Shenmue news so may have missed something, but I do have the season pass and there's no DLC for me to download yet). It's also been known for a while that backers weren't getting the DLC, it's extra content that wasn't referenced at all during the campaign & the hope is they make enough from Shenmue 3 to fund a Shenmue 4, so not sure where this expectation that they give everything away to backers comes from?

Hey bud, do you know if it lets you skip cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs after the first?

Thanks

4 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

You're safe until at least mid-May (how far I got). Both of the previous games had warning scenes and a notebook entry about a month before the bad ending so I wouldn't worry about running out of time. If you do get one of those warnings, there should still be plenty of time to finish the story.

Hey man, I had been keeping up with you with trophies up until recent due to work etc. How long do you think until you get the platinum? I think I'm gonna hold off playing some of it before a guide comes out, do you think that fishing trophy is exploitable at all or are we really going to have to handle like 20hrs+ for the trophy? Thanks man.

Time is a big factor here, in the game I mean.

I spent a bit of time playing at the start:

So one of the first things you must do is look for somebody, but you get told to ask for questions on the persons whereabouts.

Now I was doing this and eventually the person appeared that I had to speak to which then a gave me the ability to reach the next event at 07:15pm

I then reloaded a save at the start of that bit to find the LEAST we had to do to progress to that next event.

Well you spawn in at 9:00am, now you can just stand still until 9:50 at which point the person leaves the house you have to talk to. So basically you dont have to talk to anyone, to progress that main story bit anyhow.

I know, a bit pointless info, but im trying to say is that it could take a while before certain stuff is discovered in this game due to how in-game clock affects NPCs and other stuff.

I mean look at this, the game tells you to talk to every1 to begin to find X, but really, all you have to do is stand still for 50 in game minutes and the person then appears!!

Im experimenting btw cause im planning on doing a platinum walkthrough for this, if any1 is interested