Shenmue 3 Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Hey bud, do you know if it lets you skip cutscenes on subsequent playthroughs after the first?

Thanks

Yeah you can, you'll notice a circle in the bottom, right hand corner. Hold the circle button until a fast forward icon appears in the middle of it, then let go and the cutscene will skip. I didn't use it on my first playthrough but I also noticed the circle appear on the morning wake-up, evening transition & going to bed scenes once you'd seen that specific scene once.

8 hours ago, Remstahh said:

Hey man, I had been keeping up with you with trophies up until recent due to work etc. How long do you think until you get the platinum? I think I'm gonna hold off playing some of it before a guide comes out, do you think that fishing trophy is exploitable at all or are we really going to have to handle like 20hrs+ for the trophy? Thanks man.

It's possible there could be an item to speed up fishing but I've not found it yet. When you get to Niaowu there's an additional rod above Quality that you can use. It was still a max of 16 or 17 fish per session though (mixture of luck that the fish kept coming, and me reeling in the rod as soon as it went in the water - a fish normally appears somewhere along the line and bites & this way you've already reeled it in partially so it's slightly quicker).

The rest looks fairly straight forward, particularly once guides start coming out. I'm currently trying to find the subquests I missed on my first playthrough to get a list of those, they haven't been difficult to do so far.

4 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

Yeah you can, you'll notice a circle in the bottom, right hand corner. Hold the circle button until a fast forward icon appears in the middle of it, then let go and the cutscene will skip. I didn't use it on my first playthrough but I also noticed the circle appear on the morning wake-up, evening transition & going to bed scenes once you'd seen that specific scene once.

Thank goodness for that, it would put me off further runs if I had to sit through all that again

Thanks for answering ;)

On 18/11/2019 at 1:35 AM, enaysoft said:

I'd laugh if backers don't get any of the DLC packs. Well, I won't, but you know what I mean.

I backed Shenmue III with £200 and I did not get any DLC included in that price except for the in game phone call conversation with Nozomi and some toy capsules that are exclusive to KS backers (not DLC but my name is in the games credits also).

That is OK with me, I helped keep the dream alive and watched as it became a reality, the game would still have happened even had I not have dropped 1 penny into it, that said I still fell like I contributed to it's existence and that makes me feel all warm inside ;) 

Some people's glasses are half full, some people's glasses are half empty, but I am just glad that I even have a glass...

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

I backed Shenmue III with £200 and I did not get any DLC included in that price except for the in game phone call conversation with Nozomi and some toy capsules that are exclusive to KS backers (not DLC but my name is in the games credits also).

That is OK with me, I helped keep the dream alive and watched as it became a reality, the game would still have happened even had I not have dropped 1 penny into it, that said I still fell like I contributed to it's existence and that makes me feel all warm inside ;) 

Some people's glasses are half full, some people's glasses are half empty, but I am just glad that I even have a glass...

Nice one bud, we appreciate it, really ;D!

Like you say, by yourself, perhaps doesnt look like its because of you the game got made, but as a whole, if it wasnt for funders like you, it actually wouldnt have been made!!! Thank you!!!

Im a fan of Shenmue since the early days and havent quite had chance yet to get stuck in, but I will and looking forward to it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Nice one bud, we appreciate it, really ;D!

Like you say, by yourself, perhaps doesnt look like its because of you the game got made, but as a whole, if it wasnt for funders like you, it actually wouldnt have been made!!! Thank you!!!

Im a fan of Shenmue since the early days and havent quite had chance yet to get stuck in, but I will and looking forward to it

That is extremely kind of you to say, thank you :)

I too have not had chance to get into the game aside from input my backers code, download the patch and that's about it... 

Once again thank you very much :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

It's possible there could be an item to speed up fishing but I've not found it yet. When you get to Niaowu there's an additional rod above Quality that you can use. It was still a max of 16 or 17 fish per session though (mixture of luck that the fish kept coming, and me reeling in the rod as soon as it went in the water - a fish normally appears somewhere along the line and bites & this way you've already reeled it in partially so it's slightly quicker).

The rest looks fairly straight forward, particularly once guides start coming out. I'm currently trying to find the subquests I missed on my first playthrough to get a list of those, they haven't been difficult to do so far.

Know the best way to get 500k Tokens yet? I got to 50k by doing the Frog Races over and over, and I didn’t want to keep doing it because I knew there would be a better idea than that. Any ideas or better methods?

1 minute ago, Remstahh said:

Know the best way to get 500k Tokens yet? I got to 50k by doing the Frog Races over and over, and I didn’t want to keep doing it because I knew there would be a better idea than that. Any ideas or better methods?

I haven't done it yet but so far I'm thinking a combination of grinding the 1000 fish & using the money to buy tokens (since you'll get a lot of money from doing that just because of how many fish you need), completing what I think the arena is (the Rose Garden fights?) and save/reload gambling at wherever has the highest stakes (Rose Garden's Flower, Bird, Wind & Moon is highest I've seen so far but haven't been properly looking yet).

21 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

I haven't done it yet but so far I'm thinking a combination of grinding the 1000 fish & using the money to buy tokens (since you'll get a lot of money from doing that just because of how many fish you need), completing what I think the arena is (the Rose Garden fights?) and save/reload gambling at wherever has the highest stakes (Rose Garden's Flower, Bird, Wind & Moon is highest I've seen so far but haven't been properly looking yet).

That seems very plausible, definitely one of the last trophies then.

For people wanting to make a ton of tokens. Save up 1500 as that is max bet for the dice game. Or if you are in Niaowu, 2000. Save before the dice game. Now max bet and play. if you win save. if you lose reload save. Keep doing till you grind tokens. It's still slow but a safe way to do it. This is how I made money to buy the 2000 and 5000 items needed to progress the story. i could make a video about this but I'm honestly exhausted from grinding in this game lol.

I think i have a trick for the herbs, but will need to confirm myself if it works. Looks like the fish grind will send me to my death.

Edited by rubhen925

3 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

For people wanting to make a ton of tokens. Save up 1500 as that is max bet for the dice game. Or if you are in Niaowu, 2000. Save before the dice game. Now max bet and play. if you win save. if you lose reload save. Keep doing till you grind tokens. It's still slow but a safe way to do it. This is how I made money to buy the 2000 and 5000 items needed to progress the story. i could make a video about this but I'm honestly exhausted from grinding in this game lol.

I think i have a trick for the herbs, but will need to confirm myself if it works. Looks like the fish grind will send me to my death.

I still think the Frog Method is better. It's basically a confirmed win each time and you get like 3k tokens a win.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Japanime_Gamer said:

That's actually a great way to look at it. I'm with you...I'm just happy thing thing exists at all. After years of wondering would it ever happen? I'm just happy to have it.

Edited by danmann861

I hope the trophies for getting 1000 fish and cutting 1000 logs is cumulative over playthroughs.

That all the fish and logs and other similar stuff you have done is still saved when you beat the game from the beginning again.

I have beaten Shenmue 1 and 2 hundreds of times and i never get tired of them and it will probably be the same with Shenmue 3.

40 minutes ago, CyberLance said:

I hope the trophies for getting 1000 fish and cutting 1000 logs is cumulative over playthroughs.

That all the fish and logs and other similar stuff you have done is still saved when you beat the game from the beginning again.

I have beaten Shenmue 1 and 2 hundreds of times and i never get tired of them and it will probably be the same with Shenmue 3.

Are you the choosen one who will create a Sidequest Guide for us?

13 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Are you the choosen one who will create a Sidequest Guide for us?

No sorry im not the choosen one sadly.

I have never done a guide on a game before and i prefer to let the professionals do that.

But yea i really hope somebody will create a trophy guide for Shenmue 3 soon so we will know how to get all the trophies and find all the sidequests and other important and cool stuff in the game.

Edited by CyberLance

Does anyone have any tips for scoring a high number of tokens? 500,000 is quite a lot. It's gonna take some time at this rate.

Been mostly doing the dice game and lucky hit. I got the 50,000 trophy at the start of my 2nd playthrough, but I think it's gonna take some time to get that 500,000 trophy.

5 hours ago, danmann861 said:

Does anyone have any tips for scoring a high number of tokens? 500,000 is quite a lot. It's gonna take some time at this rate.

Been mostly doing the dice game and lucky hit. I got the 50,000 trophy at the start of my 2nd playthrough, but I think it's gonna take some time to get that 500,000 trophy.

Grind the 1000 fish - depending on what you catch that's approx 20k yuan (which buys you 200k tokens).

Do the battle arena trophy in Rose Garden - gets you approx 44k tokens if you win all of them.

Save & reload at the frog race game, you can find out your lucky number from the fortune teller & that frog will win most of the time (but it's not 100%, so I'd still save beforehand & reload when you lose). If you get bored of the frogs, just do one of the other games for a bit of variety or do something else entirely.

Remember to leave yourself some money or you'll be forced into wood chopping to pay your hotel bill. I'd recommend not converting the yuan into tokens until you're close (you can x10 your yuan to get the token value).

7 hours ago, CyberLance said:

No sorry im not the choosen one sadly.

I have never done a guide on a game before and i prefer to let the professionals do that.

But yea i really hope somebody will create a trophy guide for Shenmue 3 soon so we will know how to get all the trophies and find all the sidequests and other important and cool stuff in the game.

I've been trying to keep track of what I've been doing in a spreadsheet, once I've actually got the plat I can use it to make a trophy guide on here.