Why did you choose your Avatar?

CyrahOmega

I started with Rikuo from Darkstalkers rikuo-darkstalkers-3-58.2.jpg for the longest...

and I recently just changed to Dark Knight Cecil  677460909fb0c33b1d0851b1e5d49ad3.jpgfrom Final Fantasy IV/Dissidia... 

I saw that there is some golden Avatar for $99.99 now, is anyone actually going to buy that? ?most-expensive-psn-avatar.900x.jpg

CyrahOmega.png

CyrahOmega.png

Edited by CyrahOmega

PSNprofiles avatar?
My current one is a dragon since I like dragons a lot wish they had a Black dragons or silver dragons avatars since I don't really care for red dragons.
As for my avatar on this site usually ends up being a pokemon I like, changes to something else sometimes.
Yeah saw that avatar on the store, I buy a lot of PSN avatars, but even if I had the money I wouldn't buy that one, it would have been better if it was something cool like a Platinum trophy avatar or something.

• Like 1

I don't find selecting my avatars to be a "game". That said, I typically choose avatars depicting characters i'm actually familiar with and of course massive fans of. As this topic is also apparently based on PSN avatars specifically, my selection of characters/other is also limited thanks to their limited and non-existent distribution over here in the US. To give examples for context, I can't use avatars from games/series such as Until Dawn (unlike UK) and Tomb Raider (unlike UK) .

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

PSNprofiles avatar?
My current one is a dragon since I like dragons a lot wish they had a Black dragons or silver dragons avatars since I don't really care for red dragons.
As for my avatar on this site usually ends up being a pokemon I like, changes to something else sometimes.
Yeah saw that avatar on the store, I buy a lot of PSN avatars, but even if I had the money I wouldn't buy that one, it would have been better if it was something cool like a Platinum trophy avatar or something.

That's awesome man, pokemon are friggin AWESOME!

CyrahOmega.png

Just now, EcoShifter said:

I don't find selecting my avatars to be a "game". That said, I typically choose avatars depicting characters i'm actually familiar with and of course massive fans of. As this topic is also apparently based on PSN avatars, my selection is also limited thanks to their limited and non-existent distribution over here in the US.

You don't consider selecting your avatars to be a "game" but isn't it apart of it? Isn't it the cover that defines your book/library of trophies and accomplishments? I suppose it arguable but I digress.

CyrahOmega.png

23 minutes ago, CyrahOmega said:

You don't consider selecting your avatars to be a "game" but isn't it apart of it? Isn't it the cover that defines your book/library of trophies and accomplishments? I suppose it arguable but I digress.

No, because I take it fairly seriously. The avatars being from games doesn't equate with selecting avatars being a game. Also no... If I were to say they define anything, it's my taste for and appreciation of it from whatever game or series it's from. And while 99% of the time the avatars I choose are from games I've actually played, ones that have trophies and that I've typically completed, they do not define my trophies and accomplishments.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

For my PSNProfiles one I mainly changed it to Giorno from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to celebrate Part 5 of the manga getting an anime. Now I just kind of stick with it since I think it looks cool and I like Giorno.

For PSN I use Dr. Faust from Guilty Gear since I think he's a funny character. I would like to change it to DMC5 Dante but Capcom for some reason refuse to make avatars or themes for DMC5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

No, because I take it fairly seriously. The avatars being from games doesn't equate with selecting avatars being a game. Also no... If I were to say they define anything, it's my taste for and appreciation of it from whatever game or series it's from. And while 99% of the time the avatars I choose are from games I've actually played, ones that have trophies and that I've typically completed, they do not define my trophies and accomplishments.

It's all relative to one's own frame of reference and point of view. Thank you for the feed back. It seems others beg to differ but as a fellow gamer I do respect your opinion. There is no denying that Avatar's and gaming are related. Third cousins atleast!

2 hours ago, Redgrave said:

For my PSNProfiles one I mainly changed it to Giorno from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to celebrate Part 5 of the manga getting an anime. Now I just kind of stick with it since I think it looks cool and I like Giorno.

For PSN I use Dr. Faust from Guilty Gear since I think he's a funny character. I would like to change it to DMC5 Dante but Capcom for some reason refuse to make avatars or themes for DMC5.

I think Anime Avatars are heavily overlooked. I searched the entire PSN library for free avatars and the best they had to offer that was Anime style was Dragon quest. If you're a big Akira Toriyama fan, I suppose that would suffice. OP Dio would be a nice Avatar as well.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I got my PSN avatar for free and like LBP so I used it. I use my dogs pics from the groomer and change it about every 5-6 weeks.

That's awesome, I like the Close friend's feature that let's people see the actual picture you put versus the generic avatar. In fact, that's the reason I changed mine to Dark Knight Cecil because I have his 16bit profile as my real avatar.

19 minutes ago, Feral said:

PSN: Really like Spider-Man and the game is awesome.

On here: Captain Jack is my idol, one day I will become him lol jk. I just like the movie and that bit is one of my favourite parts.

Spidey is the GOAT! Although I haven't gotten into POTC I like the actor!

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

1: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/signature/

2: Add this to your signature space:

[center][url=https://psnprofiles.com/CyrahOmega]https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/CyrahOmega.png[/url][/center]

Roger that, domo arigato.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CyrahOmega said:

domo arigato.

Re-copy the text from my post above and paste it as plain text (without formatting) into your signature space.

CyrahOmega.png

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Re-copy the text from my post above and paste it as plain text (without formatting) into your signature space.

CyrahOmega.png

Done, getting back into the hang of HTML. Mayhaps I'll look up old forum code I built back in the day now...again, many thanks.

• Like 1

I really, really like Acquire-chan's general design in her parent Acquire's modern artstyle, although since that developer remains relatively unknown at large, next to no one places her, esp. as a "Mascot-chan" character. She's no OC, however. :) My eye had cast upon her late last year, and as fortune would have it, she'd received a PSN icon! I theme my online accounts with a (cheerier) face of hers for brand synergy~ ;)

• Like 3

I chose a free avatar upon creating my account. I took my time and looked for one that appealed to me most. I ended up with Countess from Paragon, a game which was shut down years ago I believe. Did try playing but it wasn’t my thing, the characters were pretty cool though. The avatar is no longer available so it makes it kinda unique.

• Like 2

PSNP: Currently I’m using the character I just created in Skyrim. I love her expression, her intense dark eyes, her boldness and confidence. She feels like who I am on the inside. 

PSN: Also currently using a snowflake because Imma a flake :D.

23 minutes ago, Larx said:

I really, really like Acquire-chan's general design in her parent Acquire's modern artstyle, although since that developer remains relatively unknown at large, next to no one places her, esp. as a "Mascot-chan" character. She's no OC, however. :) My eye had cast upon her late last year, and as fortune would have it, she'd received a PSN icon! I theme my online accounts with a (cheerier) face of hers for brand synergy~ ;)

Looks super dope!

3 minutes ago, aimeraya said:

No reason, because it's Kasumi.

BTW, the update of avatars really sucks recently.

I'd have to agree there.

3 minutes ago, Ilzaki said:

I change my avatar a lot.  Its been Hsien-ko from Darkstalkers for awhile.  Then the reporter from Valkyria.  Now it's Emma from Cold Steel.  And there's was a bunch of small switched between that.

Here's it's Vivian from Fairy Fencer F.

Hsien-ko goes in!

10 minutes ago, 2-B said:

PSNP: Currently I’m using the character I just created in Skyrim. I love her expression, her intense dark eyes, her boldness and confidence. She feels like who I am on the inside. 

PSN: Also currently using a snowflake because Imma a flake :D.

lol @ flake comment haha?

13 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

Because it's cute lol, I wanted to buy dark souls avatar but it's not available in my country 1f62d.png1f62d.png

don't you hate that?! WYA EU?

24 minutes ago, Emina said:

I chose a free avatar upon creating my account. I took my time and looked for one that appealed to me most. I ended up with Countess from Paragon, a game which was shut down years ago I believe. Did try playing but it wasn’t my thing, the characters were pretty cool though. The avatar is no longer available so it makes it kinda unique.

Yes that's always a jewel when you have something that isn't avail anymore. I wish they had Scott Pilgrim DLCs still avail... ?

• Like 3

I love black and white avatars, so that's what I have right now and as a bonus, it's Kratos. I change it sometimes when I feel for someting else but I always come back to B&W Kratos. 

On here it's me at harvey's (it's canadien not sure if you have that in the US) with my motocross and my buddy's motocross this summer, we were hungry. ? super illegal but we didn't see any cops ?‍♂️

• Like 1

PSN: You except Histoire to be my avatar but it's not. Having Histoire as my avatar would suggest I am intelligent. I picked Filyn instead, she is a spoiled little brat who is not very good at games and  I'm a spoiled little brat who is not very good at games. 

PSNP: I thought it looked cool.

• Like 1