Why did you choose your Avatar?

CyrahOmega

PSN: Thought it was the coolest in a long line of 'lame' avatars I was picking out two years ago. A bit ashamed I paid money for it but it was pretty cheap, so I couldn't resist.

PSNP: This is the real me. To prove I'm not hiding behind a hentai/anime avatar, which I guess is the big thing for you kids nowadays.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

PSN: RE4 is one of my all time favorite games and I love Ada, definitely my favorite character in the series. I'm a sucker for Femme Fatales. I usually change to a Detroit Lions avatar during the NFL season but the Lions disgust me right now so that's not happening.

PSNP: I'm not big on forum avas but I was tired of looking at that anonymous profile. I'm not a Michigan alum actually, I went to Wayne State but I've been a Wolverines fan since I was a kid and most of my family are UoM alum so there you go.

Edited by majob
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

Alright, I am going to block you and I am going to state the reason why. Even in a thread of Avatars for crying out loud you manage to utter a message that is soaked in negativity. I have been cringing for weeks at your posts because no matter the time, no matter the subject, you can always count on some good old negativity from you. You can put that controversy flag around your waist  and wear it like a badge of honour, further pretending people are growing tired of you because they just can't deal with different opinion. But I am telling you like it is. You will be the first person I ever block on any website because whenever I read a post of yours, it actually starts to affect my mood. No use in responding, you will be blocked.

You basically proven my point on the status update...

The fact you couldn't post this in a PM and had to make this out in the open isn't exactly good.

But whatever... You do what you enjoy the most. I'm not letting this affect me much because regarding what I've seen already, much like I've seen on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Reddit, people are too trigger sensitive regarding what they see as offensive.

You're just one of many, and this is why I've basically only been posting on a couple forums and talking a little on Reddit.

• Like 4

Allright : fight time I guess xD

Main profile: I love cats and cat quest is one of my favorite games of late. Naturally I will stick with cats. 

Psnprofiles : character looks incredibly dumb and loved the initial comic Kratosichu. Plus y'all are not worthy to see my glorious face :dance:that's reserved for close friends. 

• Like 2

For a long time I've switched between different avatars, both on PSN and PSNP, depending on my mood, and I don't know for how long I'll stick to the current ones, even though I'm quite happy with them.

PSN: Well... Pretty obvious, I guess. I couldn't find a Kenny avatar, so I chose the Mysterion one (even though Mysterion's identity is a highly guarded secret, and most certainly is totally not Kenny :)).

PSNP: I like this image; it reflects my approach to life to a T.

• Like 2

PSN - I've used a few here and there but I generally always come back to Susano. I don't play Smite, but the name caught my eye one day as it was the same as a technique used by one of my favorite characters in the manga/anime series Naruto. I also think the avatar is cool looking compared to a lot out there although Smite does have some good ones in general. (I believe I've used Ares, Poseidon, Ymir, Thor, and Zeus at one point.)

PSNP - The character is Raistlin Majere, my favorite character from the Dragonlance series. I've been using this almost as long as I've been here. So nearly 6 years. I think my first avatar was of an hourglass though but I only used it for a few weeks or months. :hmm:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

PSN - I've used a few here and there but I generally always come back to Susano. I don't play Smite, but the name caught my eye one day as it was the same as a technique used by one of my favorite characters in the manga/anime series Naruto. I also think the avatar is cool looking compared to a lot out there although Smite does have some good ones in general. (I believe I've used Ares, Poseidon, Ymir, Thor, and Zeus at one point.)

PSNP - The character is Raistlin Majere, my favorite character from the Dragonlance series. I've been using this almost as long as I've been here. So nearly 6 years. I think my first avatar was of an hourglass though but I only used it for a few weeks or months. :hmm:

I know you said you didn't play Smite but Susano still gives me nightmares when he was initially released. 

• Like 1

PSN: I really like anime and all things Japanese, so I picked a kanji to represent myself. I picked this specific one because my all-time favorite anime is Dragon Ball and this character (which means "martial") is featured prominently in it. I also have the one other kanji available on PSN (which stands for the "kan" in "kanji") as the avatar on my Hong Kong account.

PSNP: As I told you above, my all-time favorite anime is Dragon Ball. The fact that I specifically picked Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black is a reference to a great pun about my real-life name one of my friends made a while ago. I liked it a lot, so now I'm using it as my avatar on most sites ?

Edited by Zenpai
  • Like 1

I use the same image for both PSN and PSNP.

Always loved crows. My father used to nurse them back to health when I was a kid. Helped to control the seagull encroachment problems, we had as farmers near the coast.

Also seemed appropriate that a bird, which is obsessed with shiny objects, became the theme for my trophy hunting profile.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CyrahOmega said:

It's all relative to one's own frame of reference and point of view. Thank you for the feed back. It seems others beg to differ but as a fellow gamer

I do respect your opinion.

There is no denying that Avatar's and gaming are related. 

I guess, but it's not universally a game, it just can be to people who choose to view or make selecting avatars as a game. Otherwise, deciding on what clothes to buy at a clothing store and what meal to get on a menu at a restaurant can "also" be considered a game, generally.

Technically, it's not my opinion. Selecting avatars is not a game for me... or in general, it just can be by force, just like throwing away trash can be turned into a game of makeshift basketball. 

Not in all cases, some, but that's not the actual point anyway.

• Like 1

PSN - I bought old meme avatar back in the day on ps3 store and equip it. Then i`ve started to receive tons of msgs of "collectors" to "borrow" my acc so they can download it cuz they missing this particular one. So I change back to basic purple monster to stop it.

PsnP - 30YO, kid inside.