CyrahOmega

Why did you choose your Avatar?

82 posts in this topic

My psn avatar was Gabe Logan from syphon filter I loved that game haven’t changed it since rdr2 Arthur Morgan. Now I have an astronaut avatar from death stranding really nice avatar looking to keep it for a week or 2 but after that I’m switching back to Arthur 

I am beachild, which means "Be a child!" (a way of life more than a username), so I chose the smiling baby as avatar. Simple!

I earned my PSN avatar by being part of a beta and just haven't changed it. I kinda feel it is a badge of honor vs just buying or getting a free one. It's also a bit more unique as it isn't available anymore. It's also a bit of laziness as I don't want to have to go searching for something else I like.

PSN = I love cats

PSNP = My last name

5 hours ago, Dumbgud said:

I chose my PSNProfiles avatar to be this one because I am nothing 

Oh come on... the personality in your psn id speaks volumes. Anyway, you can have an avatar and still be nothing like the rest of us 😂...

For PSNProfiles, I went with Marie from Persona 4 Golden because it is my favorite game of all time and she was the only new character of significance.

For PSN, I went with Ciri from Witcher 3 because I love the game, it was free, and she is a helluva lot easier on the eyes than Geralt!

Extra weird: never ever had any trouble with my PSN avatar, and the day I talk about it, it disappears and goes back to default a few hours later! Anybody else is hearing the Twilight Zone theme?

I chose my PSNprofiles avatar because it is Plankton crying in a fedora, you don't see that very often

Edited by maiathewinners

My Playstation avatar is Thanos because he did nothing wrong.

Edited by djokyri

On here: Smolder, cause that one look she gives off in that episode before the whole, "wearing a dress and having tea" ordeal is just amusing to me.

ON PSN: Kit Kat from Cat Quest 1 and 2.  I love her design as is, it's just adorable.  And those two games are pretty awesome as is (even if I have yet to finish off the second game).

I'm using my current one for ages, and when I got it, I was trying to find something with a classy/clean style, mainly an wolf/Tiger/Cat (and facing the side this one is). I actually got the blue version too, but I preferred this one, specially on vita (I use the mainly black clean theme on Vita). I would prefer a White Tiger, but didn't liked the ones that I saw. 

Before this one, I was using the "free?" red Wolf avatar. 

As you can see, I have a thing for both animals, as well as for the red/black/white combo. 

I usually don't like game related avatars/signatures/banners because they usually are just a mood thing, not something permanent or personal, same with using "messages" avatars. This is why I really prefer abstract or more open ended avatars, like the Wolf/White Tiger stuff. 

I have been using White Tiger avatars for over a decade now (my current one is the 3rd in all this time, and I have been using it for years now). 

Ya, I just don't like to change it often, since I see it as my online face.. 

And yes, my trophy banner/trophy card/profile banner are linked to Persona 5, but that's only half true, they are essentially linked to 2 personas that I have liked for years (since Nocturne on ps2), and their art is mainly unchanged since then, so, that's not just a passing mood towards Persona 5.

PO bonus with medievil and finally a decent looking sir dan avatar

Right now I'm sticking with my sassy labmem #4 Christina from Steins;Gate (to be precise Steins;Gate 0 since there are no avatars from the first game 😓), mostly because I liked it the most from the ones that are available. Gotta say I got pretty disappointed with how the rest looked like, especially with the one for Mayushii 😥.

PSNP Queen and PSN King as opposites and equals, as gift to a special person.

PSN: I have a set of Dissidia 012 avatars, whenever I'm bored of one I just change it. Currently using Bartz from FFV. I haven't even played Dissidia, but I haven't found better Final Fantasy-themed avatars on the Store.

PSNP: the kid from Limbo, which I played and enjoyed recently. I like the minimalist design, and it is also a reminder I still need to go for the "No Point in Dying" trophy 😁

Edited by DocJackson-

PSNP: I wanted a TLoH Avatar and Tio is cute.

PSP: Same Reason, but there are no TLoH avatars in the EU Store, it's at least close.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:34 AM, EcoShifter said:

I guess, but it's not universally a game, it just can be to people who choose to view or make selecting avatars as a game. Otherwise, deciding on what clothes to buy at a clothing store and what meal to get on a menu at a restaurant can "also" be considered a game, generally.

Technically, it's not my opinion. Selecting avatars is not a game for me... or in general, it just can be by force, just like throwing away trash can be turned into a game of makeshift basketball. 

Not in all cases, some, but that's not the actual point anyway.

The game of Life we all play I suppose.

3 hours ago, Salima-sensei said:

PSNP: I wanted a TLoH Avatar and Tio is cute.

PSP: Same Reason, but there are no TLoH avatars in the EU Store, it's at least close.

Thanks for sharing!

3 hours ago, DocJackson- said:

PSN: I have a set of Dissidia 012 avatars, whenever I'm bored of one I just change it. Currently using Bartz from FFV. I haven't even played Dissidia, but I haven't found better Final Fantasy-themed avatars on the Store.

PSNP: the kid from Limbo, which I played and enjoyed recently. I like the minimalist design, and it is also a reminder I still need to go for the "No Point in Dying" trophy 1f601.png

Bartz is a dope main character, I also make him one of my generics in FFT WoTL since Boco/Boko is a NPC and then you can recruit him.

19 hours ago, X_Wizi_X said:

PSNP Queen and PSN King as opposites and equals, as gift to a special person.

Ah! I see what you did there!

19 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

Right now I'm sticking with my sassy labmem #4 Christina from Steins;Gate (to be precise Steins;Gate 0 since there are no avatars from the first game 1f613.png), mostly because I liked it the most from the ones that are available. Gotta say I got pretty disappointed with how the rest looked like, especially with the one for Mayushii 1f625.png.

I enjoyed getting the plat for that game

21 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

PO bonus with medievil and finally a decent looking sir dan avatar

Medievil a def PSOne classic! Haven't played the update/remake yet.

22 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm using my current one for ages, and when I got it, I was trying to find something with a classy/clean style, mainly an wolf/Tiger/Cat (and facing the side this one is). I actually got the blue version too, but I preferred this one, specially on vita (I use the mainly black clean theme on Vita). I would prefer a White Tiger, but didn't liked the ones that I saw. 

Before this one, I was using the "free?" red Wolf avatar. 

As you can see, I have a thing for both animals, as well as for the red/black/white combo. 

I usually don't like game related avatars/signatures/banners because they usually are just a mood thing, not something permanent or personal, same with using "messages" avatars. This is why I really prefer abstract or more open ended avatars, like the Wolf/White Tiger stuff. 

I have been using White Tiger avatars for over a decade now (my current one is the 3rd in all this time, and I have been using it for years now). 

Ya, I just don't like to change it often, since I see it as my online face.. 

And yes, my trophy banner/trophy card/profile banner are linked to Persona 5, but that's only half true, they are essentially linked to 2 personas that I have liked for years (since Nocturne on ps2), and their art is mainly unchanged since then, so, that's not just a passing mood towards Persona 5.

Have you ever watched the movie "the secret life of walter mitty"? 

22 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

On here: Smolder, cause that one look she gives off in that episode before the whole, "wearing a dress and having tea" ordeal is just amusing to me.

ON PSN: Kit Kat from Cat Quest 1 and 2.  I love her design as is, it's just adorable.  And those two games are pretty awesome as is (even if I have yet to finish off the second game).

Ok Cat quest is def on my wishlist and now I'm leaning towards spending the $13!

22 hours ago, djokyri said:

my playstation avatar is thanos because he did nothing wrong.

I'd have to agree #kanyeshrug

22 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

I chose my PSNprofiles avatar because it is Plankton crying in a fedora, you don't see that very often

plankton is a pimp

23 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Extra weird: never ever had any trouble with my PSN avatar, and the day I talk about it, it disappears and goes back to default a few hours later! Anybody else is hearing the Twilight Zone theme?

doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo wwaaaahhhnnnnnnn

23 hours ago, awf9495 said:

For PSNProfiles, I went with Marie from Persona 4 Golden because it is my favorite game of all time and she was the only new character of significance.

For PSN, I went with Ciri from Witcher 3 because I love the game, it was free, and she is a helluva lot easier on the eyes than Geralt!

I started witcher...i'm a 1%er currently sigh...

On 11/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, 2-B said:

Oh come on... the personality in your psn id speaks volumes. Anyway, you can have an avatar and still be nothing like the rest of us 1f602.png...

2-B hit it on the nail, precisely why I posed this question!

17 minutes ago, CyrahOmega said:

Have you ever watched the movie "the secret life of walter mitty"? 

Nope, but just watched the trailer and I'm still nor not getting it (or was it the red/blue at the end?).. 

Maybe I could watch it, but I'm not really into comedy.. 

Hmmm well the background on the back on my base ps3 avatar was black. So when i seen my devil dog. I thougth the dog part would blend in and look like floating eyes. Which it does. 

Now i just used to it. And like it there. Tryed changing it but after a while i miss it. And put it back. Oddly iv never seen anyone other then me with it. Which makes it feel me feel unique. 

Well, I wanted to have an avatar that fitted my Online ID, Santa_in_Sandals. I've shuffled through the avatar section on PS Store for more than an hour, but a Santa in sandals was nowhere to be found. So, I've purchased a Christmas themed set containing eleven avatars. I alternate between these two:

EP43121211027_13B314D4F449CFD35954_L.png EP43121209071_E56CCDB29ECBB1DDA393_L.png

My PSN avatar I chose because it looks dumb and I like it when people don't take things too seriously. Haven't even played the game that it's from 😁

My PSNProfiles avatar is just a trophy tile from EndWar which I thought looked really cool and have used ever since. I like that it sort of symbolizes gaming, with the controller, and no one else seems to have it, so that's cool.

Edited by Boomshanks

On 11/19/2019 at 11:09 AM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Nope, but just watched the trailer and I'm still nor not getting it (or was it the red/blue at the end?).. 

Maybe I could watch it, but I'm not really into comedy.. 

It's just that a LARGE part of the film is about an ultra rare white tiger...

PSN: ¿What can i say? I absolutely love the "God of War" franchise. Main reason why i have lord Kratos as my avatar.

PSNP: I like the animated versions of Knights of the Zodiac. This avatar in particular is the representation of the Taurus golden saint of the spinoff: "The Lost Canvas" (plus, Taurus is my sign).

3 hours ago, CyrahOmega said:

It's just that a LARGE part of the film is about an ultra rare white tiger...

Ok.. 

PSN : Ellie, from my favorite PlayStation exclusive game of all time, The Last of Us (Part II 😋).

PSNProfiles : Paying tribute to the greatest footballer of all time, Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccitini.