New Half-Life game announced

DEI2EK

Oh my god, I never thought I'd see the day. So they finally make a new Half Life, it looks bloody amazing yet I will probably never play it. I am not getting on the VR train. And it probably won't come to consoles anyway. So yeah, I don't know what to make of this. I'll enjoy it from afar?

On 19/11/2019 at 0:35 AM, maiathewinners said:

I hope they put a non VR version out

They've said this won't happen because it's specifically designed for VR. PSVR is the only viable option, but even then I'm doubtful. I personally think this is solely to push their own VR. I wish the circumstances are different, but c'est la vie.

I don't game on a gaming PC so unfortunately, I can't play this. If this came out for PSVR I would genuinely consider buying PSVR just for this game. I love the series, and as someone skeptical of jumping on board the VR train this is easily the most impressive VR trailer I have ever seen, by far. It looks so smooth, and the gameplay looks superb in the trailer. 

If nothing else, it shows there is at least the faintest breath of life in this franchise (I don't think 3, or 2 ep. 3, will EVER happen still, but I've gone from being 0/10 hopeful to 2/10 hopeful). 

On 19/11/2019 at 1:38 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Well, shoot. I was thinking it'd be HL2 Episode 3. Could it be? With HL2 Episode 2's ending being a really cruel one that makes you thirsty for revenge against the Combine, I'd like to see Half Life: Alyx pick up right from there. Hopefully Valve will add a non-VR mode.

It's not. Alyx slots between 1 and 2 time-wise. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 19/11/2019 at 2:40 AM, Dumbgud said:

Another reason to pick up a VR again. Just a heads up, the whole VR bundle Is only $200 on black Friday. Comes with 2 games I don't remember, the camera, the vr, and the controllers.

Don't get your hopes up. This game is most likely not coming to PSVR, at least not on PS4.

• 3 months later...
On 21/11/2019 at 8:51 PM, Sifferino said:

Oh my god, I never thought I'd see the day. So they finally make a new Half Life, it looks bloody amazing yet I will probably never play it. I am not getting on the VR train. And it probably won't come to consoles anyway. So yeah, I don't know what to make of this. I'll enjoy it from afar?

Why no VR interest. It’s the bloody best thing about this gen by far! 

12 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

That’s...a new one. Do you go through life with one eye covered? Lol (edit: that sounded more condescending than intended, sorry). 

I'm actually surprised that you are surprised. You have never wondered if there are any potential health & safety concerns? A quick google will show you there are legitimate concerns. Add to that common sense. It tells me it is probably not a good idea to stick low-res displays so close to my eyes and trick my brain into thinking I am running through a 3D environment when I am actually just sitting on my couch. It might be fine, it might not be. I just don't fancy finding out in the long term that I fucked up my eyes of my sense of balance merely for playing a stupid game.