Hesitant to get this game...

ElevExplorer64

For context, I don't really feel like I have to get the platinum in every game I play, but I prefer to at least have a chance to do so. 

So far, I've had a good amount of fun with both LBP 1 and LBP Vita. I've been interested in getting LBP 2, but I'm not sure if I should get it, or at least I have second thoughts on going for the platinum. The trophy I'm really concerned about is "Dive In 25". I tend to get very nervous when playing online, especially with random players. I've heard this game has a... not so great community, on top of a problem with hackers and modders. The last thing I want is to run into hostile players and/or hackers auto-popping trophies on my account (which I definitely do not want, for obvious reasons) when/if I attempt this trophy. Other than that, nothing in the trophy list really concerns me. 1440 Minutes of Create sounds boring, but doable over time (I'm currently working towards its equivalent on the Vita).

What do you think? Should I get the game or should I just stick with the first one?

I suppose an easy way to complete Dive In 25 is to create a boosting session. Then at least you'll know you're in a game with like-minded people.

Regarding 1440 Minutes, click on the trophy and there's a few tips on how to complete it without getting bored out of your mind. The easiest way is a turbo controller. But if you don't have one, just repeatedly press :square: to open and close your Pop-It while watching TV or something. You don't have to actually CREATE anything - just make it seem like you're ACTIVE.

26 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

I suppose an easy way to complete Dive In 25 is to create a boosting session. Then at least you'll know you're in a game with like-minded people.

I really like that idea, though I'm not sure how exactly this trophy could be boosted since (from what I've heard) the game appears to place you with random players. Is it possible to only dive in to games with people on your PSN friends list?

38 minutes ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

I really like that idea, though I'm not sure how exactly this trophy could be boosted since (from what I've heard) the game appears to place you with random players. Is it possible to only dive in to games with people on your PSN friends list?

Tbh, it's been years since I've played LBP2 so I don't remember the parameters of how I got the trophy.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Man i had some weird weird moments with the dive in trophy.

I had one guy mad that i wasnt a 12 year old girl (sent a grief report about him

I had one guy convinced I stole his drugs

The weirdest though was when i went into a pod and 2 sack people had their backs to me. They said "why did you come here...was it for our EYES" and then they turned around and their sack people had screwed up faces...pretty freaky.

WTF, LMAO! Those sound hilarious, but I'm glad you reported the first guy. Sounded like a complete pedo.

Edited by Pirelli913
Typo

16 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Tbh, it's been years since I've played LBP2 so I don't remember the parameters of how I got the trophy.

WTF, LMAO! Those sound hilarious, but I'm glad you reported the first guy. Sounded like a complete pedo.

Yeah fuck the first guy but the EYES people will always go down as one of the weirdest but funniest moments in a game.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Man i had some weird weird moments with the dive in trophy.

I had one guy mad that i wasnt a 12 year old girl (sent a grief report about him

I had one guy convinced I stole his drugs

The weirdest though was when i went into a pod and 2 sack people had their backs to me. They said "why did you come here...was it for our EYES" and then they turned around and their sack people had screwed up faces...pretty freaky.

And this is why I'm afraid to go for Dive In 25, or even get LBP 2. That first example just sounds horrible (also, thank you for reporting that dirtbag). I'm just afraid I'll get harassed by some seriously messed up players after diving in to the wrong session.

I will admit though, the screwed up faces you mentioned was definitely not something I was expecting to read about today.

I got the LBP 2 platinum trophy recently in September, so I know exactly what you will be getting into. So I will explain what my experience was like getting the trophies in the game and you can decide whether you or anyone else that reads this post should go for it.

So let me be clear right from the start if you don't want to go for a very time consuming, RNG dependant and frustrating platinum, this is not the game to go for platinum. It will not be fun period. It will mainly involve you waiting to connect to a random person or for random players to join you.

Firstly yes spending 24 hours in create will be long and tedious, since you have to be pressing buttons constantly for the time to be counted towards the trophy. 

Secondly everyone you will meet will be a child. Trust me 99% of the players I met while trying to get the platinum trophy were extremely young like 12 years old and below so they will not care about helping you get the platinum.

The community isn't too bad, but you will meet plenty of weird people while playing this game, with the weirdest for me joining a group of kids who were dressed like furries and had furry pictures all over their pod and pretending to be animals. Thankfully all the pictures were safe for work and I slowly backed out of there when they they asked me if I wanted to join them. However I never had a negative/bad interaction with any player during my time playing. The best thing to do is to be polite, say none to very few words to them (e.g. simple hello) and wait for a minute or two to see if they will go into a level, if they don't just leave. Don't try to convince them to go into a level, because quite simply they won't care and you will just be wasting your time.

Also in my entire time going for the platinum trophy I only ever came across one hacker, where i joined their pod and they and I both had access to the create functions (e.g. flying, spawning materials etc.) in the pod. This did not cause any of my trophies to pop and when i went back to my pod everything was back to normal. So the chances of you encountering a hacker are small and even if you do it is unlikely to cause any real problems.

Finally comes the worst trophy of them all which is the 50 unique players for a level, which is quite frankly impossible to achieve now unless you let people join you and  you quickly go into your level before they have a chance to react. This is due to the fact that no one will play your level voluntarily now, due to the low player count and everyone who does still play lbp 2 only plays in creation mode or the extremely popular levels. You will be lucky to get 5 random players to play your level even if the level is good. In my experience only 4 random players played my level even with using boosting on p4p threads. Unless you want to create 50 PlayStation accounts to get 50 unique players.

But yeah in summary the community is very weird and full of children, but I wouldn't exactly call it a deal breaker, the bigger deal breaker is the amount of time & frustration it will take to get the platinum.

Edited by KON007
Spelling
  • Like 2

The single player trophies are good like ace every level and collect the prize bubbles, however I would never want to plat this game again. Due to the multiplayer and the sheer amount of time it takes just waiting to get the plat.

So yeah the game is good, but getting the platinum is a chore. Only get the game if you would like to play lbp 2 without getting the platinum or go for the platinum if you are really dedicated, like willing to spend 40+ hours waiting around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 7:32 PM, KON007 said:

The single player trophies are good like ace every level and collect the prize bubbles, however I would never want to plat this game again. Due to the multiplayer and the sheer amount of time it takes just waiting to get the plat.

So yeah the game is good, but getting the platinum is a chore. Only get the game if you would like to play lbp 2 without getting the platinum or go for the platinum if you are really dedicated, like willing to spend 40+ hours waiting around.

I've changed my mind. I just bought LBP 2 since I enjoyed the first one, even if I may never get the platinum. I am going to be very cautious when/if I go for the "Dive In" trophy.

• Like 1

Update: I just got the Dive In 25 trophy after three days. I decided to knock that one out early so I never have to think about it again. Now I still need to spend 1,415 more minutes in Create mode and somehow get 25 more players to play my level (I used the trick @KON007 mentioned where I let players join my game and then quickly entered my level). At least I never have to "dive in" again...

• Like 1

I mean, this game I think was easier to plat than LBP1.  For dive in 25, I would just ask if we could play a level, and if they were afk or obnoxious, I'd just leave and try again.  I think the worst trophy was trying to get the 50 unique players to play my level cause I did it so scummily.  I waited for people to get into my pod, and then went to my level as fast as I could xD.  There are definitely a lot of weird people on LBP2.  Also, didn't have a turbo controller for 1440 minutes of create time, so I taped a pen to my oscillating fan, tied my controller to a chair, and positioned it so the pen would hit the x button.  It worked pretty well!

• Like 3