Leader board removal for specific games

Sarsky

17 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Mess up one game lose leaderboard ranks on every other game... Seems fair. 

That's not true - you have to mess up three games. That's why we have 3 strikes. Just hide the game and move on, easier said than done I know.

Yes it sucks to hide a game where you got 90% of the trophies legit, but keep in mind that the flag isn't really against the player in those cases. It's more against the trophies.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sarsky said:

it would make a whole lot more sense and seem fairer then just going your a cheater and everyone will know, especially if you didn't auto pop your trophies voluntarily with games like COD and etc...

plus if someone does do it 3 times just ban them permanently from leader boards?

This is the problem, you shouldn't have a flag against you for someone else hacking your trophies. I recently went on Bo1 and didn't experience any hacked lobbies but that's not to say there isn't any. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

That's not true - you have to mess up three games. That's why we have 3 strikes. Just hide the game and move on, easier said than done I know.

Yes it sucks to hide a game where you got 90% of the trophies legit, but keep in mind that the flag isn't really against the player in those cases. It's more against the trophies.

I agree and understand but people shouldnt have to ruin there milestones, tracking, ranking, stats and everything for something that wasnt there fault, its annoying that all your trophys get out of line and everything is changed just to prevent false leadetbiard stats. 

Hiding trophies really mesess up your profile for no good cause or end and tracking. 

38 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

The three strike rule currently implemented is more than lenient enough. As others have said, this would just encourage cheating. The biggest thing is if the points for those cheated games are included in the world leaderboard. If they are, then their rank is bad. It they are not, then it is no different than the current system so why change. I think there are better features for Sly to implement than something like this.

Its not lenient to say hide games, fuck up stats just to please others, i have aready elaborated on your statement in other replies, please read! 

I said 1 strike rule flag that game, dont remove all leaderboards just remove from that game for 1 strike thats it, preferably on white listed games, 2nd strike hide. 3rd banned 

I think its only fair not to associate and punish everyone equally if people didn't hack/auto pop trophies themselves. 

Its pretty obvious and for 1st strike system people can dispute, ill copy and paste replies if people dont want to read thread properly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

I agree and understand but people shouldnt have to ruin there milestones, tracking, ranking, stats and everything for something that wasnt there fault, its annoying that all your trophys get out of line and everything is changed just to prevent false leadetbiard stats. 

Hiding trophies really mesess up your profile for no good cause or end and tracking. 

Its not lenient to say hide games, fuck up stats just to please others, i have aready elaborated on your statement in other replies, please read! 

I said 1 strike rule flag that game, dont remove all leaderboards just remove from that game for 1 strike thats it, preferably on white listed games, 2nd strike hide. 3rd banned 

I think its only fair not to associate and punish everyone equally if people didn't hack/auto pop trophies themselves. 

Its pretty obvious and for 1st strike system people can dispute, ill copy and paste replies if people dont want to read thread properly. 

I read the thread. I don't think your arguments are good enough to implement what you want. Yes, it does suck that your milestones are messed up, but if you are paying such close attention to something like milestones, you are probably pretty active on this site (since the milestones are only for this site) and are probably aware of the risks involved with hacked hobbies (just a guess).

Don't play those games.

Otherwise, you did it before coming to this site. In which case, your milestones are just games that could have been randomly picked out of a bag, in which they mean nothing, so hiding a game and having them change is not a big deal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I read the thread. I don't think your arguments are good enough to implement what you want. Yes, it does suck that your milestones are messed up, but if you are paying such close attention to something like milestones, you are probably pretty active on this site (since the milestones are only for this site) and are probably aware of the risks involved with hacked hobbies (just a guess).

Don't play those games.

Otherwise, you did it before coming to this site. In which case, your milestones are just games that could have been randomly picked out of a bag, in which they mean nothing, so hiding a game and having them change is not a big deal.

Sorry for thinking earlier you didn't read the thread! 

I played cod waw before psnp, i wanted the plat with some friends but a guy autopoped my trophies like others, i loved and worked hard on it like some might have to and to have to hide it and mess up my progress and tracking sucks, its not fair.

Plus i think in general 1 game can not mess up or effect an entire leaderboard system even in top 1000, a single game wouldn't encourage or mean life and death. 

I think personaly a condition or warning for 1st strike based on what i said with a whitelist system should be put in place and would allow users to not be hold acountable for other peoples actions, its so obvious if someone blatantly autopoped all trophies since you can turn of console while happening to prevent further damage. 

Hence the reason i came up with the idea with 1st strike with preferably white list games.

I think you and everyone has made excellent points addressing this issue and i thank everyone for there contribution! You guys make the community great! 

20 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Also to elaborate this point, just cause i platinuned games before psnp doesn't mean they are invalid or irrelevant to my milestone just to validate your point, I understand you are saying i was unlucky and picked a random game and joined a hacked lobby and could happened any time in that scenario but thats not a justification. 

@Sarsky

Please stop obessing over this. The PSNP community isn't responding positively to your suggestion. Please take a break and give it a day. If the community still does agree with you, let it go and move on. I understand the hard part is letting go. I'm worried about you. Please get some rest.

You're only allowed to read the spoiler tag after you get some sleep, okay?

Spoiler

It sucks that you got hacked but you can't changed history. Here are the best ways I see you can proceed:

1. Stay off the leaderboards and keep your stats.
  2. Allow the blue H of shame on your profile;  you'll be treated like a cheater and your stats will be messed up.
  3. Start over from zero.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuroraHistoire said:

@Sarsky

Please stop obessing over this. The PSNP community isn't responding positively to your suggestion. Please take a break and give it a day. If the community still does agree with you, let it go and move on. I understand the hard part is letting go. I'm worried about you. Please get some rest.

You're only allowed to read the spoiler tag after you get some sleep, okay?

Hide contents

It sucks that you got hacked but you can't changed history. Here are the best ways I see you can proceed:

1. Stay off the leaderboards and keep your stats.
  2. Allow the blue H of shame on your profile;  you'll be treated like a cheater and your stats will be messed up.
  3. Start over from zero.

Its a discussion thread, regardless of how popular an oppinion is i dont have to give up or just agree with mass majority just to please others, ive been relaxing watching tv, playing video games during the course of this thread. 

If i wasn't interested or engaged un communications I would not post or reply on thread. 

I dont know if your comment is sincere or not but it comes of as rude and dismissive to everything i have been saying, i am entitled to discuss or debate my points regardless if you agree or not. I am not obsessed or emotional over this and i would appreciate it if you didn't make any implications against me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Also to elaborate this point, just cause i platinuned games before psnp doesn't mean they are invalid or irrelevant to my milestone just to validate your point, I understand you are saying i was unlucky and picked a random game and joined a hacked lobby and could happened any time in that scenario but thats not a justification. 

So it seems you are using a different definition of milestone than probably the rest of us. Milestone, for PSNP, is the list of games on the right of your profile, not just games you are proud of (which seems like what you are trying to convey). Yes, it sucks that you got into a hacked lobby that messed your list up. But that list is now illegitimate and should not count towards the leaderboards.

30 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Plus i think in general 1 game can not mess up or effect an entire leaderboard system even in top 1000, a single game wouldn't encourage or mean life and death. 

The same could be said for hiding 1 game as well.

30 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

I think personaly a condition or warning for 1st strike based on what i said with a whitelist system should be put in place and would allow users to not be hold acountable for other peoples actions, its so obvious if someone blatantly autopoped all trophies since you can turn of console while happening to prevent further damage. 

There is a huge thread for a whitelist, which I personally am not for, but you could voice your support there as well.

• Like 1

@Sarsky

I'm sorry if if I came off as rude. I was genuinely concerned for your health and well being. I wasn't trying silence your voice, I was suggesting to take a break and comeback after you rest. Gather your thoughts and make stronger arguments. I'm happy to hear you have been taking care of yourself. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

So it seems you are using a different definition of milestone than probably the rest of us. Milestone, for PSNP, is the list of games on the right of your profile, not just games you are proud of (which seems like what you are trying to convey). Yes, it sucks that you got into a hacked lobby that messed your list up. But that list is now illegitimate and should not count towards the leaderboards.

The same could be said for hiding 1 game as well.

There is a huge thread for a whitelist, which I personally am not for, but you could voice your support there as well.

Thanks for your oppinion and your contribution its been inciteful, you made some good arguments. 

Its not a perfect idea and you certainly helped me realise but ill love to keep seeing others ideas and oppinions!

21 minutes ago, AuroraHistoire said:

@Sarsky

I'm sorry if if I came off as rude. I was genuinely concerned for your health and well being. I wasn't trying silence your voice, I was suggesting to take a break and comeback after you rest. Gather your thoughts and make stronger arguments. I'm happy to hear you have been taking care of yourself. 

Alright il give you the benefit of a doubt, this is just a discussion, nothing to worked up over, im currently uk so im pretty sure i dont need a break or sleep if i am akready doing so ;)

• Like 2

@Sarsky @fbdbh

The problem is that people would abuse it. You are talking about a system to help innocent people who were unlucky but others would simply use that system for their own advantage. I guarantee that if a whitelist of games came out that were known for hacking then within a week everyone would have those games platted with unrealistic timestamps. A whitelist would literally open the floodgates for cheaters plus you would have many proven cheaters trying to return to the leaderboards. 

Regarding your comment about being able to play what you want etc my advice would be to play the games with risk of hacking on an alt account. Of course it’s a shame that you won’t have the trophies on your main but if there is no way to earn them without risk of hackers then it’s your only option to stay on the leaderboards on this site. 

Regarding your proposed system it would only allow people to cheat 2k points into their profile but the leaderboard is about legitimate trophies. I’ve been trophy hunting since around the time PS4 came out and have no hacked trophies (either intentional or accidental) as I’m careful and do my research before playing older stuff so I don’t get caught out. I also don’t do the vita hack. 

As I said before, intentional or not the trophies have still be cheated so the current system works well if you ask me. 

8 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

@Sarsky @fbdbh

The problem is that people would abuse it. You are talking about a system to help innocent people who were unlucky but others would simply use that system for their own advantage. I guarantee that if a whitelist of games came out that were known for hacking then within a week everyone would have those games platted with unrealistic timestamps. A whitelist would literally open the floodgates for cheaters plus you would have many proven cheaters trying to return to the leaderboards. 

Regarding your comment about being able to play what you want etc my advice would be to play the games with risk of hacking on an alt account. Of course it’s a shame that you won’t have the trophies on your main but if there is no way to earn them without risk of hackers then it’s your only option to stay on the leaderboards on this site. 

Regarding your proposed system it would only allow people to cheat 2k points into their profile but the leaderboard is about legitimate trophies. I’ve been trophy hunting since around the time PS4 came out and have no hacked trophies (either intentional or accidental) as I’m careful and do my research before playing older stuff so I don’t get caught out. I also don’t do the vita hack. 

As I said before, intentional or not the trophies have still be cheated so the current system works well if you ask me. 

alright i see i appreciate your comment, thats a very good case and point, i do think there needs to be room for discussion on the issue, maybe finding a way for cheaters not to exploit as in clear evidence that someone was attempting the platinum but there would need to be proof and would take up a lot of unnecessary time.

a potential idea would be to apply my 1st strike idea if certain conditions were met such as maybe before a specific achievement date. etc.. before knowledge of hacked lobbies or discussions of it.

and a clear sign of effort or progress towards the platinum instead of purposely popping all trophies.

but that again is all subjective and time consuming and is inevitable ineffective...

what a shame...

but i still don't think you should be removed from all game leader boards, i think at least removing people form the world, country and that specific games leader boards instead of all games leader boards is more fair, i mean if you were rank 1 in fastest achiever for a game but another game was autopoped, doesn't seem fair to remove from the other games leaderboards cause of it without hiding but again thats just my opinion.

world and country sure, all game leader boards... nah.

The proposed change, as pointed out by @JayDeLosDioses, will negatively affect the world/country leaderboards as it will give at least one free hacked game, which could be used to gain unfair advantages on the overall leaderboards since those are based on score points alone.

Here is a good example: If someone were to hack a currently an entire unobtainable trophy list, that said user would get all the points from that list that nobody else could do it legitimately and therefore is having an unfair advantage that can be exploited through the proposed change on the report/flag system. 

Having to hide the game and potentially screwing up milestones is annoying, no doubt about that, but most people that plan milestones are aware of games that can be auto popped through online play by hackers and as such avoid playing those said games or play only on private lobbies. A whitelist system which was proposed 2 years ago by ProfBamBam is a much better solution  for cases like this since not only it doesnt count for any leaderboards (Game or world/country), it also doesn't count as strike, no need to hide AND also lessens the workload for cheater removal team since they can just tag any hacked trophy lists from the games in the whitelist as a whitelisted game, I.e preventing any unnecessary disputes over that flag.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

@Sarsky @fbdbh

The problem is that people would abuse it. You are talking about a system to help innocent people who were unlucky but others would simply use that system for their own advantage. I guarantee that if a whitelist of games came out that were known for hacking then within a week everyone would have those games platted with unrealistic timestamps.

If everyone can do it, what's the problem? People are platinuming the Jak trilogy in a few minutes.

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

If everyone can do it, what's the problem? People are platinuming the Jak trilogy in a few minutes.

The problem is that the leaderboard is for legitimate trophies. If you allow hacking etc it just becomes a competition to see who can download the most save files onto a hacked system. 

Jak is different as it can be platinumed quickly using a feature of the game (debug menu) and is not being influenced by outside factors (such as hacked saves). Everyone has the same opportunity to use the exploit simply by buying the game. Hacking may require additional software/hardware etc. 

You could ask the psnp powers that be to add a “dirty” leaderboard which displays all cheaters alongside legit players I suppose. I’m sure that feature existed a few years ago but has since been removed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm guessing that this whole "debate" was established because OP was removed from the leaderbaords for cheating...

Let's go to the film...

I'd be more surprised if it came from someone who wasn't affected, wouldn't you? Anyway well done on the mocking images, that will teach them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I'm guessing that this whole "debate" was established because OP was removed from the leaderbaords for cheating...

ive been of leaderboards for months and can come back any time or day i want ;)

if i was doing it purely and only for that reason i wouldn't wait a few months before doing so, would have hid my game, then left it and moaned straight after.

however i mainly brought this up because of the constant COD disputes and other games being modded or hacked affecting peoples platinums.

if you want to troll or be toxic then fine...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removing memes
  • Like 1

On 19.11.2019 at 11:27 AM, Sarsky said:

i was wondering what is the point in removing someone from the entire leader board system instead of removing someone from that specific games leader board?

It's called punishment.

Besides, I strongly oppose your idea, mainly because of two reasons:

1. Too much additional work for the cheater team
  2. Zero tolerance towards cheaters

Hiding up to three games is awfully generous of Sly and would certainly not be the case if I was in charge.

I'm against the idea. It feels like extra work for minimal gain. I feel pity for people who get trophies popped by a hacker in COD. I wouldn't want to have hidden games on my profile, but even if flagged for this, you can hide the game and get back on the leaderboards. I don't see any real reason to give this person the ability to hold those trophies (innocent though they may be) for the rest of the leaderboard purposes.

The 3 strike rule seems just fine to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Santa said:

It's called punishment.

Besides, I strongly oppose your idea, mainly because of two reasons:

1. Too much additional work for the cheater team
  2. Zero tolerance towards cheaters

Hiding up to three games is awfully generous of Sly and would certainly not be the case if I was in charge.

Even if someone was autopoped in hacked lobbies against will? Public games such as cod, red dead etc have hacked lobbies and some ganes your stats can get hacked and its not fair say dont play those games or dont do it... 

People shouldn't have to be gate keeped from games just to please others, but again thanks oppinion. 

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm against the idea. It feels like extra work for minimal gain. I feel pity for people who get trophies popped by a hacker in COD. I wouldn't want to have hidden games on my profile, but even if flagged for this, you can hide the game and get back on the leaderboards. I don't see any real reason to give this person the ability to hold those trophies (innocent though they may be) for the rest of the leaderboard purposes.

The 3 strike rule seems just fine to me.

Stats and milestones main issues, i dont care world rank or country rank, but i do care game leaderboards and percentage and milestones, if i hide my oldest plat i go from mk9 as 50th to batman telltale lol, kinda sucks but its over really i agree my idea is bad compared to others. 

1 hour ago, Sarsky said:

Even if someone was autopoped in hacked lobbies against will? Public games such as cod, red dead etc have hacked lobbies and some ganes your stats can get hacked and its not fair say dont play those games or dont do it...

People who collect trophies know the risks of public online lobbies. I know it's shitty, but that's the way it is. If you make one exception for case/player A, player B comes along and demands an exception as well. This is going nowhere and will end up in total chaos. Like I said before, @Sly Ripper is very generous by giving you the option to hide up to three flagged games.

Don't forget: You always have the option to start over on a new profile if being on the leaderboards is such a crucial thing for you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Santa said:

People who collect trophies know the risks of public online lobbies. I know it's shitty, but that's the way it is. If you make one exception for case/player A, player B comes along and demands an exception as well. This is going nowhere and will end up in total chaos. Like I said before, @Sly Ripper is very generous by giving you the option to hide up to three flagged games.

Don't forget: You always have the option to start over on a new profile if being on the leaderboards is such a crucial thing for you.

not when you have done warhawk, friday 13th and red faction guerilla it isnt hhahahhaa, but im personally not bothered world or country leaderboards im more concerned the game leaderbaords for other games getting banned from them cause of a strike.

but honestly some people didn't know risks back then, i was finishing platinum when hacks were newish and unheard of i never joined up and then did cod waw like some others so i was just dead unlucky xD