Keep running out of bandwidth for zipline network

Radford999

On 11/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, FinalRevival said:

If you don't have a  zip-line to The Elder, there is a path on the right side of the hill that is behind the Distribution Center South of Lake Knot. I took that path back and forth with a truck. Just in case, if you didn't get to meet that path. I saved most Elder cargo in the center (non-time-sensitive cargo only) and took them when it was truck load.

I currently use distribution centers as the center of the hub in their own region. I have a full network at the mountains and I recently have hooked The Roboticist to the Weather Station to break the isolation between North and South. Now contemplating on connecting Waystation North of Mountain Knot City to Spiritualist to open that location to the zip-line network at the mountains.

Another thing I do is I place a Timefall right next to every arriving point in the zip-line network to shake of the deterioration effects through zip-line travel. It helps getting LEGEND of LEGENDS in long trips, especially in the mountain area.

When I go to a new location, I use the map and use its PLOT ROUTE feature to measure distances. When the map is open, if you touch the touchpad in the middle and tilt the controller, it tilts the map in three dimension to show you the terrain details (highs lows etc).

Using L1, Compass mode is also helpful when you are next your zip-line and contemplating the next node. It tells you the distance the mid dot is pointing at unless it is higher than 700 meters or something. However, you can survey the 300 radius around you easily up to about 600m. Next to the distance that little graphic actually showing you the terrain highs and lows with measurements between you and the target the dot is pointing. I think it is one of the features I use the most in this game.

I have all the roads built and as one user said above I have also have it mainly in the mountains and and South Knot distribution center to locations mentioned. I like the truck due to the capacity I can cary around all at once. One last one is that I recommend switching the skeleton depending on the location you are zipping to. It also can increase the load you can zip as it doesn't care about the weight as long as you can carry it.

Keep on keeping on!

Great post thanks 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

EDIT - Does anyone know how much effect the request signs have? i just put up a bunch of zip line requests in hopes other players will put them there and actually show in my world to free up some bandwidth for 

Putting a request road sign at road building sites have proven somewhat successfull. Whether or not it was from a sign or not could be debatable. 

On the east side of the map I almost single handedly contructed the road network but after putting request signs for roads all over the map I found that eventually most of the materials needed for construction had been donated. 

Then all I had to do was claim some materials from the nearby outpost to finish the road.

I do wonder how the building sharing works. 

If you Bridge Networks with 30 people what type of how many buildings appear in your game.

By the end game you would think that the map would be covered in ziplines.

• Like 1