My tips! (Can contain spoilers)

Hi everyone! I want to share some of my personal tips about this game. I'm sorry if I can't write perfectly but english is not my native language so please forgive me. 

Things you should know about this game: 

- You will be changing time periods so be sure you check and get everything before going to the final boss of the area because you can't go back there later.

- Max level is 50. Have this in mind because you'll be farming a lot more than this for golden gears and maybe for gold. 

- Check every chest (they are marked as green chests on your mini map) so you can get an accesory for raising exp (Four-leaf Clover), gold (Piggy Bank) and items (Welcome Cat).

You will get Welcome Cat later in the game and it's the best accesory to farm gold gears and Skill Elixirs. Enemies some times drop Prism Stone (SP Gain Up). My recomendation is that you equip Sherry with exp, gold, items accesories and Pegreo with Friendship Bracelet (Speed +15), this is because you will encounter most of the time two or more enemies so using an area atack will be better and Pegreo has Panic Bomb at 200 SP (you can use Isaac Radiant Beam too but the sp cost is higher, 300). 

- Best place to farm Gold Gear Parts and Wisdom Crystal to max all Isaac's skills and to use only golden gears on all his transformations: When you reach the final area of the game (Save the Queen B3)  you can farm a lot of those from an enemy called Clock-roach. Why? You are near a healing kettle, it's a single enemy and they usually drop Gold Gear Part x 4 (5) or Wisdom Crystal x 2 (using the Welcome Cat accesory, not sure about the drop if you don't have it). You can find those at the last room before entering the final battle so you'll be farming here A LOT. Wait for the two enemies inside the room to respawn and repeat until you have everything. Remember you need 5 parts to get a gear so write down how much nodes you need to change to gold and multiply that for 5. Yeah, that was what took me longer to get. 

You don't need to go back to town to install gears, just fast travel to Save the Queen B1 and use Darantino to upgrade Isaac to golden. 

- You need at least 2 Wisdom Crystal to max almost all skills but some requires 3.

I enjoyed this game a lot but the farming was intense haha ^^ Hope this can help someone a little bit. 

Edited by yokonika
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:20 AM, yokonika said:

Hi everyone! I want to share some of my personal tips about this game. I'm sorry if I can't write perfectly but english is not my native language so please forgive me.

Sorry for the late question but how long did this take you? I keep putting the game off without really looking into too much.

• 1 month later...
On 31.12.2019 at 11:36 AM, fisty123 said:

Sorry for the late question but how long did this take you? I keep putting the game off without really looking into too much.

just in case you‘re still interested and for any other people with the same question, I am about 5 hours farming and already got 5/6 Forms full golden*. I guess just 3 more Episodes Modern Family at max. and I am through ^^

*Opening up every chest and killing all bosses gets you 20 Golden Gears before starting to grind.

Edited by Sylver001
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/28/2020 at 3:17 AM, Sylver001 said:

just in case you‘re still interested and for any other people with the same question, I am about 5 hours farming and already got 5/6 Forms full golden*. I guess just 3 more Episodes Modern Family at max. and I am through ^^

*Opening up every chest and killing all bosses gets you 20 Golden Gears before starting to grind.

How much hours will it take from the start if anyone wants to tell me.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:36 AM, fisty123 said:

How long did it take you to get the platinum.(if you got it that is).

11 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Took me 23 hours to platinum.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Took me 23 hours to platinum.

Then I'm not going for it don't get me wrong 20-25 hours isn't much but I have about 10 other games to plat so this would be a waste of my time.(Sorry not trying to offend the game.)

23 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

Thank you.

Then I'm not going for it don't get me wrong 20-25 hours isn't much but I have about 10 other games to plat so this would be a waste of my time.(Sorry not trying to offend the game.)

cool, but dunno why'd you go for this for a quick plat

On 12/16/2020 at 5:21 AM, mumik08 said:

How much hours will it take from the start if anyone wants to tell me.

How long did it take you to get the platinum.(if you got it that is).

It was around 20 hours for me, PS5 time tracker has it at 20.5 hours.

Edited by fisty123

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2021 at 10:21 AM, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

20-25 hours? LOL sure,if you skip the cutscenes so obviously you don't see any of the story.

Play the game normally , watch all the cutscenes and grinding takes 30-32 to plat.

Hmm interesting, It's being on my wishlist forever. I wanted the physical version but never found for less than 20.

Right now is on sale on USA psn store at 4.39 for anyone still interested.