How difficult is FUBAR?

OmegaRejectz

I just recently beat COD WAW on Veteran and was wondering how comparable this games is. Probably the hardest shooter campaign I’ve done.

edit: alright thanks. I’ll pick it up whenever I have time. It seems it’s about being slow & steady. It sounds like it’s like WAW but without BS enemy grenade spam that you really can’t do much about. If I remember I’ll come back to this post & update my experience with the game & it’s difficulty.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
Edit
  • Like 1

It's like Uncharted difficulty (can't speak for 4 though as I've yet to do that but I saw it on your list). The harder parts of FUBAR are harder than the hardest parts of Crushing in Uncharted 1-3/Lost Legacy. But, it's not impossible. It just takes some patience in a few problem areas. Any part where you have AI around isn't too bad, solo parts are usually the hardest parts. I finished FUBAR on PS Now with input delay so it can't be too bad :P

• Like 2

It's doable, cheap but doable. As mentioned above, use your teammates while you stay behind cover. There will be parts you will

get stuck on for a bit. Teammates will go down at moments you need them the most. Running out of bullets never really happened. 

Grenades work well on heavies. I took a year off from the game when I reached the Parking lot section.

A year later after getting through that, the rest of the game was not really that hard. Compared to World at War I think it will be easier 

Good luck and don't go crazy.

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I just recently beat COD WAW on Veteran and was wondering how comparable this games is. Probably the hardest shooter campaign I’ve done.

MW was a fairly difficult FPS but the checkpoints were very generous. 

If I remember correctly the checkpoints in Spec Ops are not so generous. 

If you are one of the guys who die once and say it's to difficult then you won't get this platinum. You have finished WAW and I guess you died a lot (at least I hope you did). You will get through most of the levels by playing like a normal soldier which means if you don't 1vs99 on an open field but stay in cowering get kills by picking one, by one then you will be good. Sometimes you can struggle 15 minutes on one group of enemies but you will eventually win.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

There's one spot that's super luck based IMO. I've talked to a few people about it and it seems to either be "got it first try" or "I tried a hundred times before giving up". I fall into the latter sadly. 

The helicopter run part?

There are parts which will make you want to pull your hair out. It's been a long time but if I recall correctly, the parking garage section gave me the most trouble and towards the end of the game there is another difficult bit. It isn't easy but like anything, if you persevere you will get there, but yeah, I definitely didn't enjoy doing it. Probably a 6 or 7 out of 10 in difficulty with the potential to spike a bit more in parts. 

5 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

The only nightmare is when you'll fall down from a building and you'll have to deal against 2-3 enemy waves alone without your team (I'm still stuck there after 2 years and I've never tried it again lol)

The key for that part is to immediately run to the right and grab the shotgun. Then camp around cover and take them out 1 by 1. You can also exploit it a bit as well. If an enemy is off camera (behind you) their behaviour will change. It takes them longer to target you etc. It takes a few tries but it’s not too bad. 

overall I didn't find fubar too difficult...there are a couple tricky sections where you'll need to figure out where the best locations to take cover are and which guns to pick up/conserve ammo for...quick snapping headshots are always a good technique for this type of difficulty run as well...i think you'll find it reasonable...

• Like 2

It is definitely hard (putting it at a 7/10 at the very least), period, but not horribly so outside some difficulty spike sections. Supposedly the difficulty is harder than the Uncharted trilogy on crushing but not as hard as CoD:WaW and Killzone 2 on veteran and elite, respectively. If you can do CoD:WaW then you should be able to manage FUBAR in SO:TL, as it appears to be slightly less difficult in comparison.

Edited by EcoShifter

There are a lot of really hard parts in the game on that difficulty, especially near the end. But you need to use your teammates and lots of cover. I would be careful in the part directly after the helicopter crash when you're without your men, the parking garage, the final assault on Konrad's base and the radio tower part from the top of my head.

Edited by wackt1

• 6 months later...

The helicopter run is harder than it should be because it's not skill-based like the rest of the game is, it's completely and totally luck.  I tried and failed many, many times and then I watched that part in a video of someone doing a FUBAR run.  I can remember that, through repetition, I had it memorized enough to notice a single step his character was taking differently than mine was.  Paused the video, tried it again, took that step at that moment, and made it through on my first try.  The rest of the game, it's not easy, like the first responder said, it's like crushing in Uncharted but a little harder, it's down to whether or not you're good enough and dedicated enough to persevere and get through it, but that part, if you end up having a lot of trouble, watching a video may really help because it did with me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really don't play shooters much at all, but I made it through FUBAR (mostly) unscathed. The key thing to remember (which I learned the hard way) is that the best weapon is the one with ammo. Be kind to your future self wherever possible, and try to make sure after every fight that you're as well-equipped for the next one as you can be before you reach the checkpoint.

For the start of chapter 6 when you're alone, what you want to do is immediately run to the right when you load in, grab the shotgun and grenades, then go straight back to the car you were just behind and guard both sides with your life.

For the helicopter chase, I heard a rumor that you actually run more slowly while carrying a heavy weapon as opposed to a pistol. I got lucky so I never needed to test that, but if you're struggling then it's worth a shot.