High pressure situation

Hey_Its_Mr_Jay

If you have your female character selected and try to start the match then it'll load up.

The trophy description says to "Win a Main Event in a PPV." The trophy won't be obtainable until Sunday and you'll need to win each match every day in order to participate in the main event (which coincides with the Survivor Series PPV, so makes complete sense). The description of today's match is "Kick-off match." Once you beat it and scroll across to the next match it says you have qualified, but will have to wait until tomorrow to have the match.

Ahh makes sense. The confusion started cuz, previous years had the same description too, yet still we got the trophy winning "any" including kickoff match in the ppv.
+ Selecting the female char as a workaround is still bugged out though. High chance of it popping up tomorrow itself, against Mickie James(When a legit non workaround match takes place).

15 minutes ago, TheSayanMitra said:

Ahh makes sense. The confusion started cuz, previous years had the same description too, yet still we got the trophy winning "any" including kickoff match in the ppv.
+ Selecting the female char as a workaround is still bugged out though. High chance of it popping up tomorrow itself, against Mickie James(When a legit non workaround match takes place).

Maybe reach out to 2K on their Twitter or support site? I would but the last time I contacted them it was extremely painful. If you do, expect "support" like unplugging your PS4 console for 30 seconds and reinstalling the game... ?

Edited by Cyvnyde
  • Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if the trophy didn't pop on Sunday but, ya know, gotta give the benefit of the doubt and all. 2K are pretty well known for glitchy gameplay (including their trophies).

I know last year you just had to have one match at a PPV for it to pop but maaaybe they changed it slightly this year. ?

2 hours ago, TheSayanMitra said:

switched to the female character and retrying, did start the match with a prompt, but no trophy weirdly.

Cheers for that man although friend told me in the end though, but what a bug that is hey! Talk about broken.

I'm more annoyed about Sunday now as I'm out for a good 16hrs at work then ?

7 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

If you have your female character selected and try to start the match then it'll load up.

The trophy description says to "Win a Main Event in a PPV." The trophy won't be obtainable until Sunday and you'll need to win each match every day in order to participate in the main event (which coincides with the Survivor Series PPV, so makes complete sense). The description of today's match is "Kick-off match." Once you beat it and scroll across to the next match it says you have qualified, but will have to wait until tomorrow to have the match.

In WWE 2K18, there was a trophy called Big Draw which wanted you to "Win a Main Event" in RTG but the trophy pops even if you completed a Kick-off match. I don't know if same applies on 2K20 but if don't, then it's best to try this on Minor PPV's such as Elimination Chamber or MITB as they'll only have 3 matches instead of 5 (just talking according to my knowledge on 2K18 as on 2K19 I only participated in WrestleMania 35 and got the trophy on that week. Don't have any ideas about 2K20).

13 hours ago, bauer101 said:

Tried the kick off match and whenever I get undertaker to half health I always get a wrestler run in to assist me even though I'm winning and then the match resets to menu. What is that all about?

...Bad luck...? If the match resets then that's just.. 2K20, I'm afraid. All I could suggest is to keep trying. I played the match once and didn't have any interference. I'm not sure if you have the option to turn it off in My Player matches...?

Edited by Cyvnyde

2 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

...Bad luck...? If the match resets then that's just.. 2K20, I'm afraid. All I could suggest is to keep trying. I played the match once and didn't have any interference. I'm not sure if you have the option to turn it offin My Player matches...?

I swear this game makes orc slayer decent in comparison.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bauer101 said:

I swear this game makes orc slayer decent in comparison.

Totally agree there mate ? want I want to know is what's right with it this year ? The one thing that looked half decent (which was advertised with the game) is the bump in the night pack.

Like hell I should pay for that on such a broken game, it should of been free from the get go then it might at least get a 3.5 out of 10 ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

Totally agree there mate 1f602.png want I want to know is what's right with it this year ? The one thing that looked half decent (which was advertised with the game) is the bump in the night pack.

Like hell I should pay for that on such a broken game, it should of been free from the get go then it might at least get a 3.5 out of 10 1f602.png

I hear you on that. Wish I could get a refund on this game but alas I went for the collectors edition cos I'm a wrestling fanatic. This is what blind faith in a franchise costs me.

• Like 1