How much can I explore the world?

Kesme63

Hello! This game is my first final fantasy game and my first JRPG and it's quite different than to what I'm used to. I just finished the flashback in Kalm and now I'm back at the world map and I'm kinda confused about what to do next. Can I just travel around the world without running into anything story driven? I am aiming for the platinum trophy and I'm worried I'll do something wrong and trigger a next story chapter without being ready for it. The world has a lot of cities in it, so I don't know if I can just walk into any of them I want without rushing through the story?

Also next question: If I just finished flashback in Kalm, how much time do i have before it's too late to get Aeris' last limit break? Do I still have time? She is level 14 and she is still at Seal Evil. Should I bring her everywhere?

Thank you for replies! 

You can explore the world when you get the airship.You can do a few things when you get a car and the submarine, but not much.Also you can access an optional area with the broken airplane (Wutai). But it will be tough if you try to complete it on Disc 1.

Right now you can only progress the story. You have to get a chocobo from the farm in order to pass the lake with the big snake.

Or do it like i did it the first time i played the game and i couldn't understand English. On foot!

As for Aeris, you have time to learn her 4rth Limit Break. The Temple of Ancients will be the last dungeon she will be available

Edited by sephiroth4424

You're pretty much stuck on a set path until you unlock the airship about halfway through, then you can explore a bit more. There isn't really a whole lot to do in terms of side-content anyway up until that point, save for the Yuffie and Wutai storyline, as well as finding Vincent.