Trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, Gage said:

Nice I'll give that a go. I was messing around with that last night but couldn't get it, probably killed the guy who would be near there. 

I was originally going to do a collectible guide, but because they showed up on your map from like 200 m away when you got that close it wasn't needed. Then whatever they did in 1.02 seems to have broke a bunch of the icons on the map, not just the collectible ones. Someone posted on steam about the icons being missing completely, so I think it wasn't intentional. 

Someone also posted on there and I got confirmation from the guy with the plat the challenges not awarding tokens when you complete them. It seems to happen just with some in the 4th and 5th missions, but this fucks you up and makes it so you need to basically do all but one of the single token challenges. 

I posted on the steam page about that and the collectibles, hopefully get some sort of response since the dev is talking to people on there. 

Well thats a bummer, only need 3 more perks to be done that's about 7 more perk points, ugh.

8 hours ago, Gage said:

Nice I'll give that a go. I was messing around with that last night but couldn't get it, probably killed the guy who would be near there. 

I was originally going to do a collectible guide, but because they showed up on your map from like 200 m away when you got that close it wasn't needed. Then whatever they did in 1.02 seems to have broke a bunch of the icons on the map, not just the collectible ones. Someone posted on steam about the icons being missing completely, so I think it wasn't intentional. 

Someone also posted on there and I got confirmation from the guy with the plat the challenges not awarding tokens when you complete them. It seems to happen just with some in the 4th and 5th missions, but this fucks you up and makes it so you need to basically do all but one of the single token challenges. 

I posted on the steam page about that and the collectibles, hopefully get some sort of response since the dev is talking to people on there. 

So i need to do all the 3 token challenges?  Some of these seem very difficult.  I spent 1hr 30 minutes completing this mission it wants finished in 25.  Lol.  i didn't realize it was that many needed and spent 3 tokens unlocking a mine, turret, and drone.  I guess i should just start over since i've only completed a few challenges anyway.  Some of these items are needed to complete other challenges.  I keep getting failed on one of the challenges where you can only kill one of the targets and nobody else in the 1st mission.  Twice i killed him and only him and i look at my challenge it is marked failed.   I think we are not only combating glitched tokens but also glitchy requirements  in general.  

Edited by steel6burgh

7 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

So i need to do all the 3 token challenges?  Some of these seem very difficult.  I spent 1hr 30 minutes completing this mission it wants finished in 25.  Lol.  i didn't realize it was that many needed and spent 3 tokens unlocking a mine, turret, and drone.  I guess i should just start over since i've only completed a few challenges anyway.  Some of these items are needed to complete other challenges.  I keep getting failed on one of the challenges where you can only kill one of the targets and nobody else in the 1st mission.  Twice i killed him and only him and i look at my challenge it is marked failed.   I think we are not only combating glitched tokens but also glitchy requirements  in general.  

IMO all of the 3 token ones are relatively easy, as most can be done just abusing checkpoint restarts aside from the one for not checkpointing, but then you can take that level as slow as you want. The one for completing it in under 25 you want to do a specific route so that the two targets can be killed in specific spots, otherwise they move and take longer to kill. Can be done in about 20 minutes or less. 

Currently with the bugs you basically have to do every challenge except one of the single token ones, because I don't know if it's actually consistent which challenges don't award tokens or if it's the game randomly doing it. 

Powerpyx guide is completely done now, I have info bits for all of the challenges and level walkthroughs. 

7 hours ago, Gage said:

IMO all of the 3 token ones are relatively easy, as most can be done just abusing checkpoint restarts aside from the one for not checkpointing, but then you can take that level as slow as you want. The one for completing it in under 25 you want to do a specific route so that the two targets can be killed in specific spots, otherwise they move and take longer to kill. Can be done in about 20 minutes or less. 

Currently with the bugs you basically have to do every challenge except one of the single token ones, because I don't know if it's actually consistent which challenges don't award tokens or if it's the game randomly doing it. 

Powerpyx guide is completely done now, I have info bits for all of the challenges and level walkthroughs. 

i guess my question is though are you counting the gadgets that require skill points to unlock.  We need to unlock at least two items that require tokens for the 14 gadgets trophy jack of all trades.  My problem is i didn't realize these tokens were going to be cutting it so closely and unlocked 3 gadgets that required 1 token each.  am i going to be screwed now or am I still good?  I mean i'm thinking we have to unlock them because some of the challenges involve using these gadgets.  The sniper turrets has a challenge directly tied to it.  The drone can be used for taking out electrical equipment but i'm guessing i shouldn't have unlocked it because the emp grenade which didn't cost a token can be used in the same way.  I just noticed an update maybe that fixed the token problem.  Lets hope anyway.  

I agree though the challenges are really not that bad its just a slow process.  Thanks for all your advice and input as well!

New patch has fixed all the stuff on the map, so collectibles appear again. I'm going to try redoing some challenges and see if they give tokens now. 

Edit: Doesn't seem to

Edit2: It does seem to have broken all some of the turrets though (unless it's one of the perks I have on that wasn't working before). Random ones don't seem to be targeting me now, dunno what's going on. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

The 10 heavies in the last level has been fixed with the latest patch, they added one in the middle of the map where the broken bridge is, the opposite side to where the exfil point is.

Did you end up needing to do basically every challenge? 

I basically only have the 3 token (only stealth kills) and a 2 token (interrogate the target) on the 3rd mission left and if those both actually gave me the tokens on completion that would be enough for the last two perks I need, but I got absolutely shafted over and over by the stealth kills one randomly failing and then checkpointing me after it had failed. 

On 21/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, Gage said:

I'm estimating at like a 5/10, 15 - 25 hours. Game runs well, not a technical disaster like 3. I've had one crash so far and that's the only issue I've come across. For $40 or whatever it is if you like the gameplay of the others I'd highly recommend this, best of the series so far. 

I would guess it's a "glitch", but you can get the hard difficulty trophies when you replay a mission just by completing one contract objective and turning it in. Don't need to play through each level on highest difficulty. 

At this point I'd wait a bit and see if they fix the issue with the challenge tokens, otherwise I had a good time with it. 

8 hours ago, Gage said:

Did you end up needing to do basically every challenge? 

I basically only have the 3 token (only stealth kills) and a 2 token (interrogate the target) on the 3rd mission left and if those both actually gave me the tokens on completion that would be enough for the last two perks I need, but I got absolutely shafted over and over by the stealth kills one randomly failing and then checkpointing me after it had failed. 

I think I had 3 challenges left, 1 for each level excluding the first and forth one. I didn't bother with the chain kills from 2, double kills from 3, and the heavies from the last level. 

I know that one gives tokens because it was the second last one I did, as for the interrogate one I wasn't keeping track at the time so not sure if that gave tokens.

The stealth only kills in the 3rd level can be a bit finicky but I would always check after each kill to make sure I was still good. Throwing knives dont seem to void it
either. I only killed the guy guarding the prisoner and dumped his body. As for the 2 targets I waited for them to have their chat and one comes back upstairs and stealth killed him, reloaded checkpoint so it put the other one back at his base and used throwing knives on him and the 3 guards inside that building. 

Edited by Surgical_Assault

Had someone comment on the PP guide saying that if you start a new game and buy more skills it counts towards, the 57 total. Going to try when I get home. 

Edit: Confirmed works. Do the 24 challenges in your normal save, then choose New Game from the main menu and buy more skills. Trophy progress is probably saved in the settings file and not the actual playthrough file, so you could potentially cheat 24 challenges this way too if you wanted. 

Edited by Gage

18 hours ago, Gage said:

Had someone comment on the PP guide saying that if you start a new game and buy more skills it counts towards, the 57 total. Going to try when I get home. 

Edit: Confirmed works. Do the 24 challenges in your normal save, then choose New Game from the main menu and buy more skills. Trophy progress is probably saved in the settings file and not the actual playthrough file, so you could potentially cheat 24 challenges this way too if you wanted. 

nice!

Sadly for whatever reason this did not work for me.  I had about 40 skills purchased in 1st game and already had two challenges not reward me tokens so I just started a new game and farmed the 1st mission by killing main target quite a few times.  I purchased every single skill that didn't require challenge tokens and a few that did and no trophy.  

Edited by steel6burgh

20 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

nice!

Sadly for whatever reason this did not work for me.  I had about 40 skills purchased in 1st game and already had two challenges not reward me tokens so I just started a new game and farmed the 1st mission by killing main target quite a few times.  I purchased every single skill that didn't require challenge tokens and a few that did and no trophy.  

Had someone message me on psn about this too. Did you quit the game in the time between starting the new save and buying the skills? 

5 hours ago, Gage said:

Had someone message me on psn about this too. Did you quit the game in the time between starting the new save and buying the skills? 

so I tried a 2nd time making sure not to close application and still no luck.  The only difference I see was maybe it works better if just missing a few skills.   I needed quite a few so i'm going to try and get as many as I can on my 1st save and try again.  Literally if one more challenge doesn't award me a token i'm locked out so hoping for the best.

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

so I tried a 2nd time making sure not to close application and still no luck.  The only difference I see was maybe it works better if just missing a few skills.   I needed quite a few so i'm going to try and get as many as I can on my 1st save and try again.  Literally if one more challenge doesn't award me a token i'm locked out so hoping for the best.

Might be it. Both I and the person who commented on the guide only needed 2 skill purchases to pop it. 

Is my game glitching or have they patched it so enemies don’t stay tagged on the highest difficulty? I’m on the 2nd level, it wasn’t doing this on the first, even though I was always on the hardest difficulty.

Ah, ty Gage.

Edited by Kcrack_Km

14 minutes ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Is my game glitching or have they patched it so enemies don’t stay tagged on the highest difficulty? I’m on the 2nd level, it wasn’t doing this on the first, even though I was always on the hardest difficulty.

If you're in the area with the laptop it's a jammer that's in that area. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/25/2019 at 2:54 PM, Gage said:

I'm not sure what is happening with that regions challenges.

i got the 25 min one after completing all the objectives totally by accident, infact i was surprised when i went down to the train that it was still doable - and tbf it did give me chance to work out a very workable strategy for getting down to the train and back out quickly. Basically, kill most of the enemies in that room from where you enter the area coming from where the sniper guy is and then jump off the end of the walkway into the water.

I also hit the disable 10 devices with EMP without actually trying - i got it by quite literally walking past them with emp rounds and grenades - the only one i physically disabled was the camera near the top of the ladder on the dam. Not that i'm overly complaining - but i will prob look at that again either in NG or with my alt account to see more clearly why it occurred - not sure ifn it was mask or suit upgrades that may have helped also.

Still a pretty good game, certainly way better than sgw3 - though the ps3 games still remain as some of my fave games.

On 11/26/2019 at 0:26 AM, Gage said:

Edit2: It does seem to have broken all some of the turrets though (unless it's one of the perks I have on that wasn't working before). Random ones don't seem to be targeting me now, dunno what's going on. 

^ Ah. i wonder if that is what i was doing with EMP's too. In the area where the sniper and jammer is i wasn't getting hit on by turrets or camera's - so either it is suit tech, or carrying loads of emp equipment. Will have a mess around when i get time to see.

EDIT to add to this: it seems that when carrying EMP rounds with EMP grenades (i had both), after shooting one camera, and then hacking the camera console you get the challenge from the hack - i tried this out on my alt account and got this by shooting the camera on the briddge after ziplining in and using the ladder, then hacking the system near to the objective :)

Edited by yoda_squad

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2020 at 2:41 AM, DividedByMankind said:

I am having trouble killing kurchatov 100m or more. Using AP bullet, its not killing him not even piercing through the bulletproof glass1f914.png

I think you have to wait for him to come outside. If you spook enemies he will just hide in his office, but generally he patrols onto the balcony, stands a while, then returns. Go to the area from the train yard, there are a few enemies there and a turret but you can take them out quietly, then go to where the sniper is in the back of the area on the right side of the train lines. You get a clear shot from there, stay back if you can so as not to get spotted, wait for the guy to leave his office and take your shot :) i used explosive ammo or you could use the bullet that doesn't drop or suffer from wind, Dapra rounds for ease :)

If you spook enemies, just restart checkpoint.

Edited by yoda_squad

On 19.8.2020 at 3:41 AM, DividedByMankind said:

I am having trouble killing kurchatov 100m or more. Using AP bullet, its not killing him not even piercing through the bulletproof glass1f914.png

That's a complete joke. Simply throw a c4 next to him in his room, he will be crouched on the ground and won't move. Then walk 100 meters away and blow him up. 

Probably not intended to work like this but it's kind of funny 

• Like 3