Trophy Thoughts?

Burgins

I played this extensively on PC back in the day - although my shoddy Rogue build could never beat the final boss, even with the big Orc guy trying to help. It's a total surprise seeing it come to PS4, but I'll definitely be picking it up. I'll take a wild guess, though, that the platinum is well out of my reach.

Edited by TheArcadeKid

Also for those who are jumping in to any old BioWare / Beamdog games: Neverwinter Nights might be the worst of the batch, obviously go for the Baldur's Gate package instead if you have limited funds. Neverwinter Nights is a decent RPG, but the 3D it uses is extremely dated, the story, characters are not very engaging, and locations, dungeons lack any sense of personality, largely due to the modular level design approach. It can get incredibly boring, as you fight the same enemies in dull environments. However, Neverwinter Nights shines when played online and when it comes to its expansions and premium modules. I find the base game very meh, saying as an old-school RPG fan. You might still find it to your liking, just a warning to manage expectations for those who are not very patient.

Still, it's a piece of RPG history, and you can get plenty of hours from it. It's nothing like the Neverwinter MMORPG, be warned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Is it an improvement on the previous version visually as it looks atrocious? Maybe give this a miss I reckon.

Same as the Enhanced PC version (not much enhancements)

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

I have to admit, didn't play as much Neverwinter Nights either. All I know is that it was widely acclaimed back then but it definitely aged up worse than Baldur's/icewind/planescape.

Still, without a guide, game will kick your ass in pure AD&D style. For whoever goes for the plat, I strongly recommend doing a blind run first, don't try to be an edgy platinum overlord with these kinds of games xD you're not gonna like the result.

I'll personally snatch the whole collection if they come physical in a beautiful case or something. If not...I'll stick to the originals on PC.

36 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Same as the Enhanced PC version (not much enhancements)

"Enhanced" lmao, this is just lazy.

Don't know if I need another playthrough of NWN especially since the studio doesn't seem to care about it either. But hey, at least it's kinda sorta closing up on the bomb ass Gothic 2 presentation, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I've played this game many times from the release to the enhanced edition. Let me tell you all it is one of the great Bioware before they got bought out by EA. Even though I am currently doing an let's play with a few spare guides here and there, some of the trophies/achievements aren't bad. Bummer no premium mod trophy support, a few of those are quiet good. As for the ones I saw not bad to do, even the These Swords Are Poorly Balanced if you know what you doing and what class build your using too. I will say if you know the campaign all three of em than you will do fine.

I am glad these classic DnD Games are getting released for a new generation to joy. So that is my trophy thoughts and more.