Disconnect Issues

Eqill5

Up until a few days ago I’d never once been disconnected from RDR2 Online but since then it’s become nearly unplayable. Last night I had 5 DC’s in half an hour and tonight I’ve loaded it up and before being able to whistle for my horse it’s come up with the black screen and error message 0x20010006. My internet connection is fine and so far there’s no fix I’ve found online. It seems like many players are experiencing it and I wondered if anyone from on here has and managed a work around or resolved it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

As of today, I can't even get into Red Dead Online anymore. I'll watch the loading screen until it hits %100 and then...instant disconnect due to error 0x20010006. This is fucking ridiculous. I've contacted Rockstar. Submitted a ticket. Messages back and forth, swear I'm talking to a robot. Changed DNS settings. uninstalled, reinstalled the game. switched from wi-fi to a hardline connection. Called my ISP to make sure my firmware is up to date. It is. Healthy signals from my internet. 

So what the fuck else can it be??!! Up until today, I was able to play for 10-15 minutes before error 0x20010006 happened. Now it's instant. Don't even get a chance to play. I might have to just dropkick this game to the curb. The singleplayer is phenomenal, but RDO has been an absolute trashfire since it launched. A trashfire I believed in, and had fun with regardless of it's problems. But my god, I can't even get into the game anymore.