Platypuschow

Odd new trophy problems

6 posts in this topic

Okay so I've been trophy hunting for about a decade and have run into something over the past month that's new and really frustrating.

I popped the Father of the Month trophy on Dead Rising 2 (PS4), synced but the trophy wouldn't appear neither does it of course on here. Yet the screenshot of it popping is readily available on my HD!

Then a couple of weeks later I pop the Combat Engineer trophy on Battlefield V, it appears after being synced unlike the previous one but it won't appear on here!

So two trophies within the space of a month that are behaving weirdly, anyone have any idea of what might be going on with them?

I've just looked at your profile and it looks like you've got the exact same problem I had yesterday. Your profile says you have 5 Battlefield V trophies but when you go on the actual list there is only 4 showing plus 1 hidden trophy on your profile.

For some reason that single trophy is hidden which shouldn't even be possible. No idea what the cause is but I fixed mine by hiding my entire profile then unhiding it so hopefully the same will work for you

Exactly fella, that's the trophy I was referring to.

So the trophy unlike the Dead Rising one IS showing on my PS4 as popped and there is the screenshot as well, the only place it's not registering is here.

Whereas the Dead Rising one has the screenshot but isn't registering anywhere at all.

It's all very annoying. It looks like two unconnected issues because of the differences but both within the space of a couple of weeks? I don't believe in coincidences.

Edited by Platypuschow

Two years(or was it 3) years ago i had the exact same problem in that Little Big planet game on the vita that is basically an endless runner. I killed 1000 enemies and it popped in game, but it has NEVER popped after syncing. Nobody had an answer, not even the devs or sony.

Your trophy database on your ps4 could be corrupted. I've had this happen and you need to delete your user on your ps4 to clear all of the trophy data stored on the hd, and create a new user. If your trophy list starts trying to sync but is unable to complete, this is likely the case..

What I don't understand is how the two issues are different.

A trophy that isn't recognized on my PSN at all and another which is but this site has inexplicably hidden it for some reason.

I might try that Angus but I would love an admin to tell me why a single trophy has been hidden from this site which I didn't even think was possible.