Regarding the JPN store

IchigoxVisored

44 minutes ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Wondering if anyone could help me here, recently I created a JPN psn account so it’d be possible to purchase Japanese games, I’m just curious as to whether there is a way to purchase the PlayStation now subscription on the JPN store with a psn card or would you have to put in card details?

I’m not 100% but I believe u can do ps now without a credit card on the JP account.

yoo @timpurnat u know any information about this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atooya said:

I’m not 100% but I believe u can do ps now without a credit card on the JP account.

yoo @timpurnat u know any information about this?

You don't need a credit/debit card to use it, you can just buy psn credit here: https://www.play-asia.com/psn-card-3000-yen-playstation-network-japan/13/703xk5. You can do this for all regions, credit card is only needed for a free trial. 

I can't find the option on JP ps now for a free trial after the latest changes, looks like they removed it?.

About JP ps now, you sadly can't stream games(You will get an error on your main acc) BUT you can download ps4 games. 

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I’ve downloaded a couple PS4 games so far without any issue it was more the streaming for the PS3 games I was curious about.

Yeah you can only stram games on ps now with the same region as your main account, I mean if you just want to play some ps3 games you can stream them on your Japanese account.

6 minutes ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Oh, I’m trying to stream the PS3 games on my Japanese account but it wouldn’t let me purchase a membership with the currency I got off of the psn card.

Do you have enough currency(at least 1,180 yen) on your account? Try to buy a subscription from your computer: https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/grid/PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-PSNOWSUBSCRIPTIO/1

3 minutes ago, IchigoxVisored said:

I did, but ended up spending it on a couple games since it seemingly wasn’t letting me purchase it but I’ll give that a shot.

I checked but I think you really need a credit card now, please try and confirm if you can. Looks like they changed payment methods with recent update...

But you can still try, I get this message but I don't have enough currency on my acc, maybe you'll be able to buy it if you have enough currency.

78255413_3030644870296804_6605941829059739648_n.png?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQm2gPfCiaTQb7Vw5t7mBYDJA0pvmG0fQGpEgy-V_hnXVfUFxxRk1FHdcrcwDs0ZgaU&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1.fna&oh=998b33eef1b2931bed1d8e364af333f7&oe=5E87E74E

Edited by timpurnat

2 minutes ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Just bought another currency card but unfortunately no option to use it for the subscription.

That really sucks, I wanted to play some Japanese versions on my main acc. I was able to use free trial 5 months ago but now they completely removed the option.

Edited by timpurnat

3 minutes ago, IchigoxVisored said:

I feel you, there’s a lot of games on there I was eager to try out.

It’s been a long time since I’ve owned one, but would they work if I bought the retail versions for the PS3? Again, it’s been years but I’m sure they are region free when it comes to games? I might be mistaken though.

Yes physical copies will work, but it would be cheaper for me to have ps now than importing

• 4 months later...

yeah they definitely nerfed PS Now in seemingly every country

in JP, the 7-day trial is """free""" but you need to spend 100yen then you later get it refunded............................. :| and this is only until Mar 31

PS Now is a streaming game service where you can play more than 400 PS4 / PS3 game software. It can be used from 1,180 yen (tax included) per month, and popular titles will be added to the lineup one after another for a limited time!

Until March 31, 2020 (Tuesday), the right to use PS Now for 7 days is available on the PS Store! After the purchase, it will be returned to the wallet for 100 yen at a later date. Anyone over the age of 18 who has a PSN account can make a one-time trial by credit card payment.

https://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/playstation-now/?smcid=pdc%3Aja-jp%3Aprimary%20nav%3Amsg-services%3Aps-now

Edited by hore