How should I proceed best?

Solid-Fisch

Few years back I finished the game once on normal mode and also already got every trophy except "Drill Sergeant" and "Axes High". For those two I need to complete the Drill Room without taking any damage and kill 30 enemies using Fodder axes. Besides that I also need to finish the game three more times on classic mode, hardcore mode and pure survival mode. I'm not familiar with the glitch yet but I sure could get into it. Also I have to mention that I do have the Awakened DLC installed but I already have every trophy from there. So now I'd like to know how to move on best? I also have a friend with whom I could play local co-op if that would make things easier?

i would beat classic first to get the hand cannon the finger gun to help with pure survival and hardcore runs, here's a little tip. on hardcore backup your saves to flash drive or cloud to make an unlimited save expert , this will save a lot of time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lucky0ne16 said:

i would beat classic first to get the hand cannon the finger gun to help with pure survival and hardcore runs, here's a little tip. on hardcore backup your saves to flash drive or cloud to make an unlimited save expert , this will save a lot of time

But first I should delete the game and reinstall it without the patch and the awakened DLC right?

I'll probably need a completely new save file too?

The guide tells this:

"You can absolutely delete the game data (even if you have the digital version), and reinstall it which will remove the patch. This will allow you to play through a brand new game, after completing Classic Mode, and have the most powerful weapon in the game that can kill every enemy in one shot. However, if you install the Awakened DLC, then your save file will permanently have the patch attached to it, making it impossible to do this exploit no matter how many times you uninstall. So don't install the DLC if you want to save yourself some stress while completing Pure Survival and Hard Core mode."

Play on Classic and Pure Survival first, that way you will know where and when enemies are spawning and how to deal with them for your Hardcore run. Honestly I don't think the devil's horns (the foam fingers weapon) are mandatory, hardcore difficulty is "hard" not even "impossible" so a strong crafted weapon is sufficient enough (I personally like the assault rifle coupled with the electrified bolas). For me the most annoying are the instakills like in the space-flying or the cliff-climbing sections, so yeah it's strongly recommended to upload your save on the cloud or on a flash drive.

For Pure Survival you can use the exploit of saving after looting a room. After reloading the resources will respawn in the room. Rinse and repeat as many times as needed so you can craft ammo and med packs.

• 3 weeks later...

You could just play it as is? I didn't want to go through all the trouble of deleting and reinstalling all 11GB so I played through Pure Survival without the devil horns and it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. A bonus tip is if you stagger upgrading any part of your suit it will refill your health. I'm now halfway through the Hardcore run and the game keeps giving me way more healing items than I need, so it's going fine as well. I think as long as you back up your save on Hardcore so you don't lose progress if you get killed or die in one of the few instant death moments you should have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1