User ID Names Identical

Recent received a friend request on the PS4. According to their PlayStation profile they have earned 1006 platinum trophies and a total 40316 trophies. I looked that same individual up on PSNProfiles and according to PSNP the individual has only earned 20 platinum and 2174 total trophies. I didn't misspell or mistype either user ID names and have rechecked each several times. How can this weird trophy count be possible? I noticed the number of games played, number of friends and number of communities was also different but the same games, friends and communities were on both profiles. I went back on the PS4 and did an Online ID or Name Search and the only profile that showed up was identical to the PSNProfiles profile. So what is going on here? Can two people have and use the same identical User ID Name? 

40 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

All profiles aren't updated on PSNP all the time. 

Manually update their profile and then see if it's current.

I updated the profile before looking at it and comparing the two.

54 minutes ago, Santa said:

No.

But it would help a lot if you'd just link the profiles you're talking about.

I don't want to use names or link because it may be perceived as finger pointing.

1 minute ago, tinman_1954 said:

I updated the profile before looking at it and comparing the two.

since PSNP pulls their info directly from PSN, the only other answer is confusing a leet substitution for a normal letter, a capital i for a lower case L or something like a space or an underscore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

since PSNP pulls their info directly from PSN, the only other answer is confusing a leet substitution for a normal letter, a capital i for a lower case L or something like a space or an underscore.

That was it! They were using a capital i (I) in the middle of their name in the place of a lower case L (l). They had me going in circles on that one. lol Thanks.