Jaxelrod

Can you miss fishing spots?

7 posts in this topic

There was a kid who wanted a soccer ball. His reward is a rare gashapon, or a fishing spot. I selected the gashapon.

Does that mean I missed the fishing spot and can not get that trophy?

We don't know yet, but nobody has this Trophy yet so I think this and some other Trophies are highly missable.

I'm going to guess yes, though only because I've now tried both reward options for that side quest and it didn't let me fish in the secret place in the save where I picked the capsule toy, even though I knew where it was and could get to it. It's still early stages though, and there might be another way to get it (eg maybe he gives you another subquest later and you get the other option then).

YES,you miss it.There are two side missions on the first map give you the fishing spot.That is the only way you can unlock the spot. If you do not unlock it on the mission ,even you know the spot,you can not fishing there.

I hope this isn't true. My son was playing and chose the capsule. I told him to reload my save and choose the fishing spot. He accidentally hit save. I'm like 8 hours in and i don't want to replay it all just for that one trophy. 

Is the capsule toy also only avaliable from that sidequest? If so, it sounds like I'll be looking at two playthrough for this thing.

4 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Is the capsule toy also only avaliable from that sidequest? If so, it sounds like I'll be looking at two playthrough for this thing.

Nope. I actually reloaded my save to try both options, the capsule toy I got from him was already in my inventory. You just might have to have a few extra tries with the capsule toy machine to get that one.