MurizTheCat

Medal drop rate

17 posts in this topic

I like the sound of this game but the Exalted Reputation trophy seems like a nightmare to get playing solo. I've had a look around the internet but there's very little information on the medal drop rate. The only estimate I could find suggested medals could be farmed at the very slow rate of one every half hour. That equates to a 200 hour grind. Is this true? Does anyone know what the percentage chance of dropping a medal from the required enemy is? Can anyone confirm that the passive gift Revenant's Greed doubles the chance of a drop?

Thanks.

The medals are dropping by every boss. If I read it correctly you can do this trophy in the depths when you talk to Davis. Every boss in one area will drop a medal. You can do the easiest one and you have to only 10 hours.

I've found 2 medals outside the depths, and both were fixed items as opposed to drops. Get the misty ruins map, send a distress signal, and clear the map with an ally. Youll get 5 medals in about 10-15 minutes depending on how efficient the two of you are.

It is possible to get Exalted Reputation with no online, but it will take 200 full playthroughs, assuming you remember where the 2 medal spawns are.

To answer your question. I would say based on my video below, the worst case was killing this guy 5 times without getting the Mark of honor medal. On the other hand, I got the medal 4 times in a row(this is the best). This way is SSSSSUUUUUPPPPPEEERRRR easy

I have killed over 10 with no drops while running Revenants greed. I hate grinds like this. I feel running Misty Ruins with a friend would probably be quicker but I do not know anyone playing this. plus my days off are in the middle of the week so it is harder to find players.

52 minutes ago, Void said:

I have killed over 10 with no drops while running Revenants greed. I hate grinds like this. I feel running Misty Ruins with a friend would probably be quicker but I do not know anyone playing this. plus my days off are in the middle of the week so it is harder to find players.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:25 AM, al7mrane said:

To answer your question. I would say based on my video below, the worst case was killing this guy 5 times without getting the Mark of honor medal. On the other hand, I got the medal 4 times in a row(this is the best). This way is SSSSSUUUUUPPPPPEEERRRR easy

See this video and give it a try. This will save you a lot of time and no need for others to help you

17 minutes ago, al7mrane said:

See this video and give it a try. This will save you a lot of time and no need for others to help you

that is what I was doing and it took me about hour to get 10 medals with Revenants Greed. At least online each kill is a guaranteed medal. If you can run misty ruins in 10-15 minutes that is 20-30 medals per hour.

I agree it is super easy but at the rate I am getting medals it will take me about 40hrs to get 400 medals. I would rather do it offline but talk about tedious.

I do Thank you though.

18 hours ago, Void said:

that is what I was doing and it took me about hour to get 10 medals with Revenants Greed. At least online each kill is a guaranteed medal. If you can run misty ruins in 10-15 minutes that is 20-30 medals per hour.

I agree it is super easy but at the rate I am getting medals it will take me about 40hrs to get 400 medals. I would rather do it offline but talk about tedious.

I do Thank you though. 

It took you about an hour to get 10 medals !!!!! This is unbelievable. You can see the medals I got in the video and 3 of my friends did the same as I did and they got the medals very quickly.

I tried to help you with the way that I followed, but it seems that way will not work with you.

yeah the RNG sucks for me.

Today i got 6 in 30 minutes doing the solo way, so yeah my RNG is awful.

But in Misty we were running it in 5.5 minutes at 5 per run.

EDIT:

Another run on the Solo and here are the results:

308 start -330 ending medals

2:08am to 2:40am

so that run was 22 medals in 32 min.

Edited by Void

Farming the first floor of Tower of Trials II with Revenant's Greed + Night Fog Veil might be the fastest way solo, but it still takes forever since the drop rate is so abysmal.

If you can play online and find yourself a good teammate, clearing Tower of Trials is easily the fastest way since you get more than 10 marks per run. After clearing the story, I was able to obtain this trophy in a little more than two days by farming the third tower repeatedly with random people online. There are still many players searching for distress signals in the towers.

Because everything in the towers hit like an airplane and that my teammates keep dying continuously, I used this special Ishtar build: https://sethclydesdale.github.io/cod...ZKAdmm1rIE4jEg

Deliverance, a passive exclusive to Ishtar, makes it so that your teammate won't die unless you do. With the help of Cleansing Light, defense buffs, and regens, you should be strong enough to tank for the party. Just make sure to often block during the bosses' aggressive phase and let your teammate do the attacking.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the replies. I've just started to farm Medals of Honor from the Executioner on the first floor of Tower of Trials II using Revenant's Greed and Night Fog Veil. I'm at level 200. In the first hour I got 32 medals from approximately 100 fights. So it looks like the drop rate is about one in three. At this rate I'll be through this grind in about 12 hours, which is only slightly slower than the times quoted for completing it in co-op. 

I can't see my "companion rank" anywhere. Do I have to go online to see it?

6 hours ago, MurizTheCat said:

Thanks for all the replies. I've just started to farm Medals of Honor from the Executioner on the first floor of Tower of Trials II using Revenant's Greed and Night Fog Veil. I'm at level 200. In the first hour I got 32 medals from approximately 100 fights. So it looks like the drop rate is about one in three. At this rate I'll be through this grind in about 12 hours, which is only slightly slower than the times quoted for completing it in co-op. 

I can't see my "companion rank" anywhere. Do I have to go online to see it?

Click 'Start' then go 'Medals.' That number above your icon (next to the title and HP bar) is your companion rank.

Edited by TukangJamu

OK, thanks. I see it now. Looks like I’m up to rank 15 already, this shouldn’t take to long.

On 22-1-2020 at 9:25 AM, al7mrane said:

This method is legit! Thanks for sharing. Gotta have the RNG gods on your side, but sometimes you get a bunch of medals in a row.

Today I completed the 400 medals. God this was such a bad idea. Don't know how long it did take but I started with Level 160 and concluded with level 268..

Get a Multiplayer partner and do it with them. I cannot recommend the solo method.

Was all excited playing through this and now I'm staring down the barrel of this trophy and god I feel like I'm going to be completely denied this plat simply because of this incredibly stupid grind.   Would be easier but seems nobody is playing online in the depth maps.