Mimic walls

wackt1

So what's up with them. I encountered a revenant saying he was killed for "friendly attitude" or something and then I shot some eyes on a wall then I got attacked by the wall. Are there any more wall like this and how do I get through non-hostilly?

• Like 1

For those walls , you have to use the proper gesture on them. You have 3 types of gestures ( blue, yellow, red). If you use the first gesture wrong then he just gets angry and at the second wrong gesture he attacks you. Using the right gesture TYPE(the actual gesture doesn't matter, it's just the type that matters) will make the wall go away and give you some goodies.

The other way of getting rid of the wall is finding the roundabout way right behind it and removing the seal on the wall. It will make the wall dissapear.

There are a few of these walls throughout the game. They generally lead to secret area that can only be accessed by getting rid of them (sometimes there are alternate paths but not always).

Now you can attack and defeat them to clear the way or use gestures. 

Gestures are broken into 3 categories:

Blue - Friendly

Yellow - Neutral

Red - Agressive

You can gesture to wall and if you pick the right colour it will disappear. You get 2 chances to pick the right gesture otherwise it will become hostile. If you die then come back the 3rd colour you didn't use before will work 100% of the time.

The revenant you mentioned died using a friendly (blue) gesture so, using either a neutral (yellow) or agressive (red) would've saved you a battle.

Yeah don't attack the walls. Just use gestures towards it until its happy and lets you through (I go yellow first then red 2nd and hope for the best). Doing this also progresses towards the Yokai telepathy trophy (communicate with Yokai 10 times.

Oh, and later there will be treasure chests that will spit out a clone of your character. Copy its gesture and he'll give you items and sometimes unlocks new gestures.

• Like 2