Questions about Scavenger trophy

tnaires

Hello all, I'm finishing my run on Survivor and I've just finished the winter season. I've been following a guide and I was doing fine until I found a shiv door when I was controlling Joel. I didn't have enough parts to craft a shiv, so I went on because I will need to do a Survivor+ run anyways.

Couple of questions:

1) Do I need to open all shiv doors to get the Scavenger trophy on my current run?

2) If answer to previous question is yes, then I'll only have a chance to get the Scavenger trophy during the Survivor+ run. Do I need to get all other collectables again? Or only the shiv doors will be enough to unlock the trophy?

12 minutes ago, tnaires said:

1) Do I need to open all shiv doors to get the Scavenger trophy on my current run?

Afaik no, Scavenger needs you to collect Artifacts, Firefly Pendants, Comic Books and Training Manuals. Shiv doors don't count into the Scavenger trophy. But some shiv doors contain artefacts and there is a separate trophy for opening all shiv doors - so it's highly advised you still go for them.

They aren't really missable tho since you can chapter select. Afaik it still tracks.

12 minutes ago, tnaires said:

2) If answer to previous question is yes, then I'll only have a chance to get the Scavenger trophy during the Survivor+ run. Do I need to get all other collectables again? Or only the shiv doors will be enough to unlock the trophy?

The collectibles for the Scavenger trophy are tracked throughout all difficulties, so no worries here my dude. You can see them in the chapter select too. That kind of progress is saved onto your Profile Save.

• Like 1

Great, thank you!

48 minutes ago, TonicLemonIce said:

The collectibles for the Scavenger trophy are tracked throughout all difficulties, so no worries here my dude. You can see them in the chapter select too. That kind of progress is saved onto your Profile Save.

Figures. I've finished the game on Normal before starting my Survivor run with no guide (because I wanted to finish the game once without worrying about trophies) and the chapter select indeed shows the collectables I got during my Normal run, even though I'm playing on Survivor.

Edited by tnaires

OK I've just finished my Survivor run, couple of things:

1) Scavenger trophy popped up before I got the remaining collectables (unlocked when I picked up a Firefly Pendant right before the tunnel in Salt Lake City).

2) Shiv door trophy didn't unlock. I guess I will need to open every shiv door during my Survivor+ run (which I would do anyways because of the upgrade trophies that I still need to get).

3) I want to talk about it (optional conversations trophy) didn't unlock too, even after engaging into all optional conversations listed in this guide (Portuguese only). I guess I need to figure out which one I missed.

Edited by tnaires

Just now, tnaires said:

OK I've just finished my Survivor run, couple of things:

1) Scavenger trophy popped up before I got the remaining collectables (unlocked when I picked up a Firefly Pendant right before the tunnel in Salt Lake City).

2) Shiv door trophy didn't unlock. I guess I will need to open every shiv door during my Survivor+ run (which I would do anyways because of the upgrade trophies that I still need to get).

3) I want to talk about it (optional conversations trophy) didn't unlock too, even after engaging into all optional conversations listed in this guide (Portuguese only). I guess I need to figure out which one I missed.

1) Yeah, the Scavenger trophy is buggy and pops randomly as you're collecting everything.

2) If you missed a shiv door you only need to open it in NG+ to unlock the trophy, the progress carries over.

3) How many conversations do you have registered in the bonus menu?

5 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

1) Yeah, the Scavenger trophy is buggy and pops randomly as you're collecting everything.

2) If you missed a shiv door you only need to open it in NG+ to unlock the trophy, the progress carries over.

2) Oh good to know, thank you. I'm still planning to open all of them though just to be sure I can upgrade all weapons.

3) Just checked, I have 36 unlocked conversations (the guide I followed seems to have all 37 ones, I'll need to check them carefully again).

Just now, tnaires said:

2) Oh good to know, thank you. I'm still planning to open all of them though just to be sure I can upgrade all weapons.

3) Just checked, I have 36 unlocked conversations (the guide I followed seems to have all 37 ones, I'll need to check them carefully again).

2) Yes, it never hurts to open a shiv door.

3) I think there's a thread in this forum about the 36/37 conversation problem, it might help you solve it.

51 minutes ago, KN_Kirai said:

2) Yes, it never hurts to open a shiv door.

3) I think there's a thread in this forum about the 36/37 conversation problem, it might help you solve it.

I checked the thread and I'm pretty sure I got the conversations shown in the videos. But I'll go through them again just in case.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, KN_Kirai said:

so if i collected some collectibles on my first run, it will be saved on my second run on NG+?

9 minutes ago, fbindakheel said:

so if i collected some collectibles on my first run, it will be saved on my second run on NG+?

Yes, as I recall once you get your backpack you can check it and see everything you have collected. Except Ellie's collectibles I think you have to wait till her section to check those.

6 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Yes, as I recall once you get your backpack you can check it and see everything you have collected. Except Ellie's collectibles I think you have to wait till her section to check those.

even shiv doors?? thanks man

6 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

also im playing on survivor difficulty, i dont think i can make enough shivs for shiv doors, but when i beat the game on that difficulty can i go back to the early chapters and open these shiv doors?

7 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

and do u also think its possible to unlock all shiv doors in one survivor difficulty run?

5 hours ago, fbindakheel said:

and do u also think its possible to unlock all shiv doors in one survivor difficulty run?

It has been some time but I  don't think there is enough materials on Survivor to open all shiv doors, I think you will miss one or two at least. Depending on your upgrade order for weapons you will need at least 1.5 playthroughs for platinum. I.E. if you upgrade the first guns you get completely instead of the endgame weapons you will have to play to that point in the game to get those weapons again and then upgrade them of course. 

Personally, for the remastered edition, I did an easy run then NG+ on Grounded but I already did it once on the PS3 so it was nothing for me jumping to Grounded. 

hey im in chapter 9 (lakeside resort) and it says i missed a collectible in Bills Town (Chapter 4) if i go back to chapter 4 do i have to play the rest of the chapters or no? 

and do i have to collect every single collectible to get platinum trophy or is it ok if i miss 1 collectible (i think it was a firefly pendant)