Any good "serious" trophy talk groups?

Hvalpen

Hey guys, as most people here i like hunting trophies(duh). But i often find it a lonely experience unless you are in the process of boosting something.

I was wondering if there is any serious PS messages group/Discord group where trophy hunters "talk shop" both through text and voice. The reason i say "serious" is that i dont take spamhunters serious in any way shape or form :)

Any inputs would be appreciated ! Thanks.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I was wondering if there is any serious PS messages group/Discord group where trophy hunters "talk shop" both through text and voice.

Yes, but most are private or at least invite-only. My suggestion would be to start your own (blackjack and hookers optional) and look to form your own network of like-minded trophy enthusiasts.

• Like 4

I was in a Discord group run by a guy in his 40s when he was still posting here on PSNPROFILES. Sadly I got kicked due to inactivity, and it’s invitation only. 

Other groups like KingSuperOne’s I ended up leaving due to lack of interest. 

I don’t care if everybody is casual, I just want a laid back group who loves trophies and is passionate about the games they’ve played. So far I haven’t found any. 

I was also part of a Facebook group of trophy hunters, but since I hate Facebook I would have to make another account just to join that group. Not worth it.  

17 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I was in a Discord group run by a guy in his 40s when he was still posting here on PSNPROFILES. Sadly I got kicked due to inactivity, and it’s invitation only. 

Other groups like KingSuperOne’s I ended up leaving due to lack of interest. 

I don’t care if everybody is casual, I just want a laid back group who loves trophies and is passionate about the games they’ve played. So far I haven’t found any. 

I was also part of a Facebook group of trophy hunters, but since I hate Facebook I would have to make another account just to join that group. Not worth it.  

Is KingSuperOne the guy who also has a youtube channel where he rates peoples trophy lists?

I dont dislike casuals, if we assume casual means you play God of war, Spiderman, Shenmue etc. Easy games but actual games. When i mean "serious" i just mean people who dont spam rat games or 15min x8 stack platinums etc. As you said, thats not  love for trophies. Imo those people have missed the point of trophy hunting(though i understand why people at the very top of the leaderboards have to do it)

• Like 1

Just now, Hvalpen said:

Is KingSuperOne the guy who also has a youtube channel where he rates peoples trophy lists?

I dont dislike casuals, if we assume casual means you play God of war, Spiderman, Shenmue etc. Easy games but actual games. When i mean "serious" i just mean people who dont spam rat games or 15min x8 stack platinums etc. As you said, thats not  love for trophies. Imo those people have missed the point of trophy hunting(though i understand why people at the very top of the leaderboards have to do it)

Yeah. He’s not consistent however.

I wouldn’t consider Shenmue something a lot of casuals would play because #1. They’re old games and #2. They’re pretty niche. The games are definitely good, I just haven’t gotten around to playing them. 

A casual list would have mostly basic stuff like Assassins Creed, God of War, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield and Watch Dogs. None of them with DLC completed. Still better to see that than Ratalalika stacks and 15 minute platinums all over the place. 

Did you try out the PSNPROFILES discord group?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yeah. He’s not consistent however.

I wouldn’t consider Shenmue something a lot of casuals would play because #1. They’re old games and #2. They’re pretty niche. The games are definitely good, I just haven’t gotten around to playing them. 

A casual list would have mostly basic stuff like Assassins Creed, God of War, Call of Duty, Far Cry, Battlefield and Watch Dogs. None of them with DLC completed. Still better to see that than Ratalalika stacks and 15 minute platinums all over the place. 

Did you try out the PSNPROFILES discord group?

Did not even realize there was one xD

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:26 AM, Hvalpen said:

Hey guys, as most people here i like hunting trophies(duh). But i often find it a lonely experience unless you are in the process of boosting something.

I was wondering if there is any serious PS messages group/Discord group where trophy hunters "talk shop" both through text and voice. The reason i say "serious" is that i dont take spamhunters serious in any way shape or form :)

Any inputs would be appreciated ! Thanks.

I am having a hard time finding the same.

• 6 months later...

Hey Guys I have recently set up a non toxic discord for trophy hunters and its going well.  It only has 50 or so people in it and it is very chill.  I made it because I'm tired of all the other toxic groups out there.  We don't make fun of anyone for the games they play and we support each other.  Its also linked to twitch so that when you go live your link will post automatically to the community.  If you want to join us let me know and I will send you a link.  I can definitely recommend the community that gazdavis11 refers to.  ChernobylNinja is a very good guy with a nice friendly community and his podcast is awesome!

• Like 1

On 22/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, Helyx said:

Yes, but most are private or at least invite-only. My suggestion would be to start your own (blackjack and hookers optional) and look to form your own network of like-minded trophy enthusiasts.

Hookers and Blackjack is preferrable

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmbrown63052 said:

We don't make fun of anyone for the games they play

My group for the past decade is close. The chat may be silent for a straight month occasionally, but we're like family. We talk shit to each other and poke fun at completion rates and glitches we've encountered.

I believe some people need a safe place where there's no negativity and they can be blissfully ignorant with like-minded gamers. My group understand that you're a bitch and I'm gonna insult you until you smile and we all laugh about it.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, jmbrown63052 said:

Hey Guys I have recently set up a non toxic discord for trophy hunters and its going well.  It only has 50 or so people in it and it is very chill.  I made it because I'm tired of all the other toxic groups out there.  We don't make fun of anyone for the games they play and we support each other.  Its also linked to twitch so that when you go live your link will post automatically to the community.  If you want to join us let me know and I will send you a link.  I can definitely recommend the community that gazdavis11 refers to.  ChernobylNinja is a very good guy with a nice friendly community and his podcast is awesome!

Pm me a link I'll join ?